Windows 10: Macrium Reflect 7 restore issue

Discus and support Macrium Reflect 7 restore issue in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I've got a major problem with a restore of an image I created in Macrium Reflect 7. I have restored images from Macrium often on my Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Buntobox, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Buntobox Win User

Macrium Reflect 7 restore issue

I've got a major problem with a restore of an image I created in Macrium Reflect 7. I have restored images from Macrium often on my Windows 10 installation Bootcamped on an iMac24 from 2008. After the restore finishes with no errors, the machine restarts but hits an "unmountable boot volume" error. It restarts again and Windows repair does the needful and we have a fully functioning system. Not this time. The restore again seems to happen without a hitch but now Windows repair can do nothing with it and the system goes round and round in a series of restarts that lead to nothing. Even from within Macrium, the boot fixing utility cannot find a windows installation to repair and even though Macrium tells me during the image creation that the restored partition will be fine and have the correct C:\ designation, it actually doesn't end up that way. The partition cannot be found and the system is useless. I've had to rebuild from scratch. Any ideas on why this time the restore was a washout? I've had the same results with three different image files.

:)

Buntobox, Jun 3, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium Reflect 7 restore issue [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jun 3, 2019
  3. Cliff S Win User
    New Macrium Reflect Updates

Something I found interesting:
    New Feature: Automatic System Restore Macrium Software Blog

Cliff S, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Macrium Reflect 7 restore issue

Issues with Macrium Reflect and SyncToy programs Windows 10.

Hi Ed,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

We understand that you have issues with Macrium Reflect and SyncToy programs on Windows 10. We feel sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

We will assist you to resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

1. What is the version of SyncToy installed on your computer?

2. What is the version of Macrium Reflect installed on your computer?

3. As per you query, you say "scheduler not working for macrium reflect", are you referring to Task scheduler?

4. If it is Task scheduler, Is Task scheduler working on all programs, other than Macrium Reflect ?

Please post your query on SyncToy forum link below:

Microsoft forums - Microsoft Sync Framework

Let's refer to these links below.

Schedule Task

Macrium Software | 404

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

AntonyJose, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Macrium Reflect 7 restore issue

1. Macrium Reflect 7 restore issue - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect restore

2. Macrium reflect 7

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium reflect 7: So i have recently started to use the free version of Macrium Reflect 7 i have saved an image on a pendrive which i will update weekly, so what do i need to do to achieve this please? 158605
  3. Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free

Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free: On the Macrium Reflect Forums, they state that Macrium Reflect Free Version 7 will be available by end of June. 85239
  4. Macrium Reflect Restore Error

Macrium Reflect Restore Error: When trying to restore an image of Macrium Reflect I received this error "The handle is invalid" Restore Failed 22 and Read Failed invalid argument 32. I did a Google search on both errors and did not find much. On one thread someone suggested to move the image file to a...
  5. Macrium Reflect Rapid Delta Restore

Macrium Reflect Rapid Delta Restore: Just done an interesting test comparing MR V7 versus V6. New feature of V7 is it compares source and target and only restores files missing or changed (I assume it deletes ones in target not in source - have not yet tested that). So I initially created a Macrium image...
  6. Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable

Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable: Good day, I bought a new desktop (Lenovo Gaming IdeaCentre Computer, Y710 Cube-15). It comes with a pitiful 100 GB SSD + 1 TB HD. My existing desktop has a 460GB SSD + 3 TB HD. I'd like to move my existing SSD + HD over to the new Lenovo desktop. It seems that this could...
  7. Macrium Reflect 7 discount

Macrium Reflect 7 discount: Hey guys I just finished talking with the good folks at Macrium and they gave me the OK to post a discount code for our members to use.......not a great deal but it is for 10% off purchases for the next 7 days...... Just click on the "buy now" button and check the...
  8. Macrium Reflect & backups & restore

Macrium Reflect & backups & restore: I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist, so you're not getting a...
  9. Macrium Reflect Home 7 - GERMANY

Macrium Reflect Home 7 - GERMANY: [img] 78080
  10. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: Hello Everybody, I don't understand this line. (see screenshot. I'm going to use O: as my USB drive. So do I create O:\WinPE\rescue\media? Don Cole [img] 106524