Windows 10: Macrium Reflect 'Backup Comment' and 'Backup Method' columns missing

Discus and support Macrium Reflect 'Backup Comment' and 'Backup Method' columns missing in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Ran across this just now on both my platforms after noticing 'Backup Method' and 'Backup Comment' were missing in my Explorer windows and were no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Farvatten, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Farvatten Win User

Macrium Reflect 'Backup Comment' and 'Backup Method' columns missing

Ran across this just now on both my platforms after noticing 'Backup Method' and 'Backup Comment' were missing in my Explorer windows and were no longer showing up under 'More...' as a choice for column headings.

Apparently a common problem after certain updates that will wipe out Macrium's shell extensions and / or context menus. This article mentions an in-place upgrade as the cause, and yet I've never done one since my clean install of 2004 in May after which I specifically set these columns. Can't say for certain if it was from this update or not, having just noticed it.

Macrium Reflect KnowledgeBase - Windows Explorer context menus and/or shell extensions are missing

Fix is pretty straight forward:

From an elevated Cmd prompt:

Code:
    Afterwards either reboot, or stop and start 'explorer.exe'

:)

Farvatten, Sep 4, 2020
  2. monim1 Win User

Looking for Backup Software with Specific Features

Nova BACKUP, Macrium Reflect etc are best data backup software with special feature. You can try these.

monim1, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Cliff S Win User
    Reusability of a Macrium Reflect Backup Definition File

Macrium Reflect 'Backup Comment' and 'Backup Method' columns missing [​IMG]

To make comments changes:
    1. right click definition
    2. click Advanced options when window pops up
    3. go to the comments tab in the 2nd window that opens up

Macrium Reflect 'Backup Comment' and 'Backup Method' columns missing [​IMG]

Cliff S, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Macrium Reflect 'Backup Comment' and 'Backup Method' columns missing

How do you backup your stuff ?

I backup to one of my 4 internal hard drives weekly using macrium reflect and also weekly using the Windows & backup utility, One back up is done on a Saturday and the Other on a Wednesday they are both full backups

Super Sarge, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Macrium Reflect 'Backup Comment' and 'Backup Method' columns missing

1. Macrium Reflect 'Backup Comment' and 'Backup Method' columns missing - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect 'Backup

2. Can Macrium Reflect "miss" a scheduled backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can Macrium Reflect "miss" a scheduled backup?: I am using one of the "canned" backup definitions: Full backup at 9 AM on the first Monday of every month Differential backup at 9 AM every Monday of every week Incremental backup at 9 AM every Monday...Sunday The last full backup should have been done on Monday April 4, but...
  3. Macrium Reflect backup restore?

Macrium Reflect backup restore?: I have 3 PC's, One desktop and two laptops running latest 1903 versions of W10. I have used Macrium Reflect on my desktop for over a year and have a usb stick with the restore backup program, I have used it once and it worked flawlessly: What I need to know is will this...
  4. Macrium Reflect backup restore?

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect backup restore?: I have 3 PC's, One desktop and two laptops running latest 1903 versions of W10. I have used Macrium Reflect on my desktop for over a year and have a usb stick with the restore backup program, I have used it once and it worked flawlessly: What I need to know is will this...
  5. Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?

Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?: I been using Macrium Reflect Free for a few weeks now and it already saved me from reinstalling Windows three times already. I want to know for backup images is it better to get a dedicated external drive for image backups or just to use an internal drive like I am using now....
  6. Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free

Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free: A couple of days ago Macrium was working just fine but then when it started it's daily backup of my system drive (incremental) it failed pretty well straight away, with this message: Starting Image - Friday, January 20, 2017 15:05:10 Initializing Destination Drive:...
  7. Macrium Reflect & backups & restore

Macrium Reflect & backups & restore: I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist, so you're not getting a...
  8. Missing backup definition files in macrium reflect

Missing backup definition files in macrium reflect: I have two backup tasks that appear in the "scheduled backups" tab, and they run on schedule, but they don't appear in the "backup definition files" tab. This happened due to an uninstall and reinstall. How can I get them back into the "backup definition files" tab? I...
  9. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: Hello Everybody, I don't understand this line. (see screenshot. I'm going to use O: as my USB drive. So do I create O:\WinPE\rescue\media? Don Cole [img] 106524
  10. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: How to: Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect How to Create and Restore a System Image Backup with Macrium Reflect [img] Information To begin I quote myself from the Macrium viBoot tutorial: I want to start with a very subjective, personal opinion: Macrium...