Windows 10: Macrium Reflect CBT

Discus and support Macrium Reflect CBT in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; So guys a question about this feature, am I correct that it only benefits image backups not file and folder? I have read about all sorts of issues on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Chrysalis, May 5, 2021.

1. Chrysalis Win User

Macrium Reflect CBT

So guys a question about this feature, am I correct that it only benefits image backups not file and folder? I have read about all sorts of issues on it on Macrium's website and im inclined to turn it off, My Windows image backup is super fast on incrementals already and the only slow backup I have is a file and folder backup of my FF7 mods. However using the CBT analysis tool is super cool I can see where all write's are occuring on my drives now and finding some interesting things on the windows drive such as the steam html cache been updated when steam hasnt even been started up. Macrium Reflect CBT o_O What I have done at the moment is disable CBT in the advanced settings but left the driver on so I can view the data in the tool. Link to discussion thread on Macrium including posts from one of their heavy beta testers. Enabling and disabling CBT

:)

Chrysalis, May 5, 2021
  2. kado897 Win User

New Macrium Reflect Updates

Thanks AD. Fortunately I don't use CBT.

kado897, May 5, 2021
  3. Chrysalis Win User
    Macrium Reflect CBT

So guys a question about this feature, am I correct that it only benefits image backups not file and folder?

I have read about all sorts of issues on it on Macrium's website and im inclined to turn it off, My Windows image backup is super fast on incrementals already and the only slow backup I have is a file and folder backup of my FF7 mods.

However using the CBT analysis tool is super cool I can see where all write's are occuring on my drives now and finding some interesting things on the windows drive such as the steam html cache been updated when steam hasnt even been started up. Macrium Reflect CBT o_O

What I have done at the moment is disable CBT in the advanced settings but left the driver on so I can view the data in the tool.

Link to discussion thread on Macrium including posts from one of their heavy beta testers.

Enabling and disabling CBT

Chrysalis, May 5, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Macrium Reflect CBT

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium Reflect CBT [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Macrium Reflect CBT

1. Macrium Reflect CBT - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect CBT

2. Macrium Reflect FAILED

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect FAILED: Whenever I try to restore a Macrium Reflect image, it says: Macrium Reflect has encountered a serious problem: Dump file 'C:\reflectv6.1-871-x64-0.dmp was created. Please email this file to L: support@macrium.com What free image programs WORK in Windows 10? 26818
  3. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  4. Macrium Reflect Difficulties

Macrium Reflect Difficulties: Hi all I've got an issue with imaging using Macrium Reflect Free. I'm running a dual boot system using Bootcamp with Windows 7 & 10 on two primary partitions on my iMac 24. Both work perfectly but if I run Macrium Reflect on either one of the two OS's, the Windows 10...
  5. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  6. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  7. Macrium Reflect update

Macrium Reflect update: Hello, While making a weekly backup (differential or full) with Macrium version 6, I was notifyedthere is an update for this version, downloaded and installed the update.Then opened the product's site and saw there is a new version - 7, on one page it says free editionhere...
  8. Macrium Reflect Disaster

Macrium Reflect Disaster: W10 Pro, 16GB RAM, 480Gb SSD Macrium Reflect Free v. 6.3.1835.0, attempting to image drive C:\. After several hours, image failed to complete. System would not reboot in any way, not from CD/DVD drive, Flash drive etc., Ubuntu.. Data on C and other HD OK. Attempt to...
  9. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........
  10. Macrium Reflect errors.

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect errors.: Okay so I booted up my computer today and looked in the event log and noticed some errors from Macrium Reflect . Event ID 7000. The MacriumService service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely...