Windows 10: Macrium Reflect clone Basic Disk to Dynamic Disk

Discus and support Macrium Reflect clone Basic Disk to Dynamic Disk in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to know how do I clone a hd with basic partition to a hd with dynamic partition? My Macrium Reflect is 7.2 version. Thank's 167387 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Clamarc, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Clamarc Win User

Macrium Reflect clone Basic Disk to Dynamic Disk

Hi,
    I would like to know how do I clone a hd with basic partition to a hd with dynamic partition?

My Macrium Reflect is 7.2 version.

Thank's

:)

Clamarc, Oct 30, 2020
  2. Jonas Flo Win User

how to convert Dynamic disk to Basic disk without data loss ?

Hi,

The process of conversion is quite tricky but not exactly that complicated. Suggested safe is to have your data cloned and work on the clone instead of the original. This suggestions and steps were provided by one of the Microsoft Community Forum MVP's,
    John John__ in his response on this thread. Follow the steps carefully
    to be able to avoid data loss.

I hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Ariel Aba Win User
    Convert Basic Disk into Dynamic Disk

Hi Charbel,

It would be helpful if you mentioned the things that you have tried to do that failed so that we can skip those steps. You can follow the steps provided in the article:
    How to convert a basic disk to a dynamic disk in Windows 7, to change a basic disk to
    a dynamic one. The instructions are also applicable for Windows 10. You can also check this article:
    Extend a basic volume.

Ensure that you create a back up for your system as well.

Regards.

Ariel Aba, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Macrium Reflect clone Basic Disk to Dynamic Disk

Are Dynamic disk really better then basic?

Are Dynamic disk really better then basic disk? I am takeing my XP administration and maintenance course at school and it talks about Dynamic disks. From what i have read on the internet dynamic disks are not as big as this book claims. The book claims that dynamic disks are the best part of XP and all HDD with XP or 2003 should be dynamic disks.

Bob The Fish, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Macrium Reflect clone Basic Disk to Dynamic Disk

1. Macrium Reflect clone Basic Disk to Dynamic Disk - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect clone

2. Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk: Hello guys!Today I need your help because if not then I'll be in danger. Now what happened is that I was trying to split a E drive in disk management tool. So when I did so it gave me a warning message saying that the disk will be a dynamic one and that the PC will not be...
  3. Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk: Hello guys!Today I need your help because if not then I'll be in danger. Now what happened is that I was trying to split a E drive in disk management tool. So when I did so it gave me a warning message saying that the disk will be a dynamic one and that the PC will not be...
  4. Macrium reflect. Disk cloning. Incompatible sector size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Macrium reflect. Disk cloning. Incompatible sector size: [ATTACH] Got an SSD as a gift. Now I'm trying to clone my Win10 from my old HDD to the SSD with Macrium Refelect but this happened. Any work around for this? Or any other cloning software I can use? Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks! ^^...
  5. Macrium Reflect disk clone: Target disk has incompatible sector size

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect disk clone: Target disk has incompatible sector size: [img] I formatted the 4TB ext HDD as NTFS to no avail 167044
  6. Problems booting with cloned disk created with Macrium Reflect

Problems booting with cloned disk created with Macrium Reflect: I am puzzled by this, I have been using Macrium Reflect for a decade. I have several SSDs in the machine, and I run Macrium Reflect clone this disk option. It creates a perfect image/clone. Except that the disk is not bootable. The hardware is MSI Titan GT80 SLI. When I hit...
  7. How to clone a disk with Macrium Reflect 7.x

How to clone a disk with Macrium Reflect 7.x: Hi. Recently posted. Please watch - excellent resource! [media] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atD7klwMwzM *chuckle 149195
  8. Macrium Reflect error while cloning disks

Macrium Reflect error while cloning disks: I cloned disks for years and it usually works well. Today I am getting this error: This restore must be completed in the Windows PE rescue environment. I don't want to do a restore, I just want to clone Disk C to another disk. 124587
  9. Macrium Reflect error while cloning disks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect error while cloning disks: I cloned disks for years and it usually works well. Today I am getting this error: This restore must be completed in the Windows PE rescue environment. I don't want to do a restore, I just want to clone Disk C to another disk. 124587
  10. Macrium Reflect...Disk Partitions query...

Macrium Reflect...Disk Partitions query...: I finally persuaded my friend to start performing Backups (using Macrium Reflect Free). However, I'm confused about the large number of partitions showing on his system- see the attached screenshot. The backup runs successfully, but I wondered if anyone could explain...