Windows 10: Macrium Reflect clone bootable & Paragon Adaptive Restore

Discus and support Macrium Reflect clone bootable & Paragon Adaptive Restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; System is on W10 Pro ver 1903. Using Macrium Reflect free ver 7.2 and used clone. But it checks for 2 partitions, the System Reserved and the NTFS C: ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Mustachio, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Mustachio Win User

Macrium Reflect clone bootable & Paragon Adaptive Restore

System is on W10 Pro ver 1903. Using Macrium Reflect free ver 7.2 and used clone. But it checks for 2 partitions, the System Reserved and the NTFS C: , not for an entire disk. Then found the clone ( from 500 GB HDD to 500 GB HDD) won't boot, probably due to the same issue found in today's How to make cloned drive bootable?.

First, is there an option in the free version to clone a whole drive and therefore get the boot sector? Second, I presume I could run the command(s) using a HUBD, etc. But need to be in an elevated command prompt. Or I could use another routine to accomplish the same, found on an UBD.

And dictum's command: bcdboot C:\Windows /s G: is all it takes?

This is for a ~10 year old system so I presume it's not EFI. Don't want to introduce EasyBCD as the main thing I hope to accomplish is using Paragon Adaptive Restore to move my OS to a new Ryzen system (same HDD for now).

Not sure if using this will fly going from an older Bios based to an EFI. Would appreciate any real world experience since if it can't be done I'll simply buy another license. But I like to see if things work so ....

Thanks in advance for any feedback,

:)

Mustachio, Nov 2, 2019

2. How to make a clone disk bootable?

My hard drive didn’t want to boot so I used Macrium Reflect 7 Free and made a clone of the hard drive to a USB external drive. Unfortunately I didn’t manage to boot my device from this cloned, external drive. I decided to install Macrium Reflect
    7 Free on the SSD to use it as a clone of the external hard drive. Now I have a bootable SSD and a non-bootable clone of the drive and I need to restore everything that
    I had on the drive before the crash. Please, how can I restore the system?

masareismasareis, Nov 2, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium Reflect clone bootable & Paragon Adaptive Restore [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Macrium Reflect clone bootable & Paragon Adaptive Restore

Make clone disk bootable?

My Dell laptop running Windows 10 on 1 TB hard drive wouldn't boot. Fortunately I was using Macrium Reflect 7 Free to make a clone of that hard drive to a USB external 1 TB drive. I wasn't able to get the laptop to boot from the cloned, external drive,
    so I installed a 500 GB SSD in the laptop and did a fresh install of Windows 10 using the Dell recovery disk (thumb drive). I then installed Macrium Reflect 7 Free on the SSD and used it to clone the external hard drive to the laptop's 1 TB hard drive. I
    rebooted, pressing F12, to select the 1 TB drive to boot, but when I did that it wouldn't boot and Windows attempted (unsuccessfully) to repair it.

Still with me? Macrium Reflect clone bootable & Paragon Adaptive Restore ;)

So I have a bootable 500 GB SSD running Windows 10 and a non-bootable clone 1 TB drive that should have everything restored that was on the drive before the crash. How do I get this back up and running? (Without manually re-installing every app and copying
    every bit of data that is...)

gobigkahuna, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Macrium Reflect clone bootable & Paragon Adaptive Restore

1. Macrium Reflect clone bootable & Paragon Adaptive Restore - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect clone

2. Clone and Restore with Macrium Reflect - question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone and Restore with Macrium Reflect - question: Macrium Reflect is used in Win 10 to periodically clone the C: drive HD partitions to a separate backup HD. When sometime ago there was a problem with the existing C: drive (Win 10 1803), the first remedy method tried was to boot the system from the Reflect recovery optical...
  3. Macrium Reflect clone question

Macrium Reflect clone question: Hi, I just cloned a 500gb disk to another disk of the same size using v7.2.4601. Clone finished fine, both disks boot ok, however the disk utilization is much higher on the source disk. 297gb(source) vs 64gb(target) - Wondering what did not get copied, or what is using up...
  4. Macrium Reflect Restore Error

Macrium Reflect Restore Error: When trying to restore an image of Macrium Reflect I received this error "The handle is invalid" Restore Failed 22 and Read Failed invalid argument 32. I did a Google search on both errors and did not find much. On one thread someone suggested to move the image file to a...
  5. Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable

Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable: Good day, I bought a new desktop (Lenovo Gaming IdeaCentre Computer, Y710 Cube-15). It comes with a pitiful 100 GB SSD + 1 TB HD. My existing desktop has a 460GB SSD + 3 TB HD. I'd like to move my existing SSD + HD over to the new Lenovo desktop. It seems that this could...
  6. Macrium Reflect bootable pendrive

Macrium Reflect bootable pendrive: Is it makes any difference if we restore a 64 bit macrium image with a 32 bit MR bootable Pendrive or restore a 32 bit macrium image with 64 bit MR bootable pendrive? 50982
  7. Macrium Reflect & backups & restore

Macrium Reflect & backups & restore: I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist, so you're not getting a...
  8. cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect

cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect: I am wanting to clone my hard drive and put it on another computer. I think I get it cloned on a external hd. I have made a boot cd. Now here is my problem I don't know how to get it to transfer to the new hd on the new computer. The cd ask wish image to tranfer but there is...
  9. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: Hello Everybody, I don't understand this line. (see screenshot. I'm going to use O: as my USB drive. So do I create O:\WinPE\rescue\media? Don Cole [img] 106524
  10. Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question

Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question: I'm a new user to Macrium but so far so good, I've cloned my laptop HDD to an external HDD with no problems. I also created a rescue usb drive. Now I'm intending to fit an SSD to my laptop so here's my question ...can I fit the "blank" SSD to my laptop then boot up with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. FREE Adaptive Restore