Windows 10: Macrium Reflect clone question

Discus and support Macrium Reflect clone question in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, I just cloned a 500gb disk to another disk of the same size using v7.2.4601. Clone finished fine, both disks boot ok, however the disk utilization... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by handyguy, Jan 29, 2020.

1. handyguy Win User

Macrium Reflect clone question

Hi,
    I just cloned a 500gb disk to another disk of the same size using v7.2.4601. Clone finished fine, both disks boot ok, however the disk utilization is much higher on the source disk. 297gb(source) vs 64gb(target) - Wondering what did not get copied, or what is using up that disk space on the source? I did a Windows Explorer search for large files and did not find any suspects...

:)

handyguy, Jan 29, 2020
  2. Martmcd Win User

Attempted cloning a WD 8TB usb hard drive to another WD 8TB usb hard drive using Macrium Reflect.

Hi DennisCPA

i don't know of a maximum size (nor can i find it mentioned), largest i have cloned is 4TB.

when i last had a clone fail, whilst checking connections of the destination drive i put it in a different port and it worked (i didn't investigate further), suggestion, check destination drive connections or try a different port

you may get a better solution if you ask in the Macrium reflect forums

Macrium Support Forum

Martmcd, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Cloning an external HDD

Doing a clean Install while switching hard drive is always recommend due to the fact that the hardware configuration of each PC is different.

What I suggest is to Clone the other data partitions except C:

Use Macrium reflect a freeware for this.

Cloning a disk - KnowledgeBase - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase

Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 29, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium Reflect clone question [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Macrium Reflect clone question - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect clone

2. Updating a Macrium Reflect Clone

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Updating a Macrium Reflect Clone: OK, after a couple of decades of using FSS Developments Casper to backup and restore my computers, I took the plunge and bought a single licence for Macrium Reflect Home v 7.3.5289 in the Halloween sale. I've unistalled Casper on my ThinkPad T450s with 1 TB SSD running W10...
  3. Macrium Reflect Question

Macrium Reflect Question: Hi all, I know there is plenty of support for MR on this site but I could not find the answer to this particular question. I am thinking of installing MR and I noticed in KARI's how-to article (very good) that you could install Free or Home. I will just be using it on my...
  4. Clone and Restore with Macrium Reflect - question

Clone and Restore with Macrium Reflect - question: Macrium Reflect is used in Win 10 to periodically clone the C: drive HD partitions to a separate backup HD. When sometime ago there was a problem with the existing C: drive (Win 10 1803), the first remedy method tried was to boot the system from the Reflect recovery optical...
  5. Macrium Reflect question

Macrium Reflect question: If I use MR to create an image of a MBR disk is it OK to store that image on a GPT disk ? Is it going to cause problems if I need to restore the image to the MBR disk ? 121523
  6. Macrium Reflect Question

Macrium Reflect Question: Ok Way i do thing is SSD is OS and 1 game that i put on there, and a few small programs, Storage drive has Music, pictures, documents, other games i don't want on the SSD, If i do an image after Redstone 5 clean install do i just image the SSD? or wait til i get stuff...
  7. Macrium Reflect Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect Question: I have created a Macrium Reflect USB drive. That was in 2017. How can I upgrade it? Don Cole 113764
  8. A Question About Macrium Reflect

A Question About Macrium Reflect: Will Macrium take care of it when making the Bootable rescue media on a USB or do I need a third party tool to make partitions and to make it Bootable? I'v got a brand new USB flash Drive that's factory formatted to FAT32. Do I need to make any further prep with it? 97810
  9. cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect

cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect: I am wanting to clone my hard drive and put it on another computer. I think I get it cloned on a external hd. I have made a boot cd. Now here is my problem I don't know how to get it to transfer to the new hd on the new computer. The cd ask wish image to tranfer but there is...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question

Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question: I'm a new user to Macrium but so far so good, I've cloned my laptop HDD to an external HDD with no problems. I also created a rescue usb drive. Now I'm intending to fit an SSD to my laptop so here's my question ...can I fit the "blank" SSD to my laptop then boot up with the...