Windows 10: Macrium Reflect Data Verification failed issues

Discus and support Macrium Reflect Data Verification failed issues in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Recently a pc I have been using Macrium Reflect on for 7 years now has been having issues?The problem is not that images cannot be made successfully,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by cheezystix, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Macrium Reflect Data Verification failed issues

Recently a pc I have been using Macrium Reflect on for 7 years now has been having issues?The problem is not that images cannot be made successfully, but rather the image files created afterwards do not verify (error says Data Verification failed - Block 187154) and cannot be restored.I have tried everything to get past this error .. trying different destination drives (same result)tried chkdsk /f /r on src/dest drives for errors (same result)trying older versions of MR (same result)trying a complete wipe and NEW o/s install (same result)trying a NEW SSD for the system drive (same result)The only success I had (briefly) is after rolling back to MR v5.3.7290 I was able to create an image and verify it afterwards, so I thought I had a solution. However this same image file that verified ok just a few hours ago, now will not verify ? Same Data Verification failed error ?So now I am at a complete loss as to where to go from here.This pc has been fine for 7 years .. and now MR cannot run on it ?

:)

cheezystix, Mar 19, 2018
  2. DMMc1959 Win User

WindowsUpdate_C1900101-40017 error on install

After 5 failed tries at DL and install using the built in upgrade process, I found a reference to

Macrium Reflect being the the issue. Uninstalled it and all went thru, howbeit slowly, with no issues.

DMMc1959, Mar 19, 2018
  3. Ed-jo Win User
    Issues with Macrium Reflect and SyncToy programs Windows 10.

trying to create a task for synctoy, or any other program fails, also scheduler not working for macrium reflect either, any help appreciated.

Old title: cant create a task get multiple errors.

Ed-jo, Mar 19, 2018
  4. cereberus Win User

Macrium Reflect Data Verification failed issues

Are you using version 7.1?

cereberus, Mar 19, 2018
  5. Yes, I have tried 7.1, 6.x & 5.3.x
    also when rebuilt o/s updated BIOS and all drivers for mobo
    same errors

cheezystix, Mar 19, 2018
  6. CountMike New Member
    Last time I had that happen was because of faulty RAM stick, also happens with large RAM OC.

CountMike, Mar 19, 2018
  7. I could try swapping out RAM, but just seems odd this RAM has been in the PC for 5+ years with no issues ?
    I just tried swapping out the sata cables in case anything was going on here .. same result using MR 7.1

cheezystix, Mar 19, 2018
  8. CountMike New Member

I had brand new DDR4 of which one stick had some problems, it's not unusual for RM to go bad. You might want to test yours. MemTest86 - Download now!

CountMike, Mar 19, 2018
  9. This pc has 4 x 4GB DDR3 .. so should be able to go thru all 4 individually and see if one is bad.
    I'll try this next .. thx

cheezystix, Mar 19, 2018
  10. CountMike New Member
    Test with all of them first and then narrow it down if you have to.

CountMike, Mar 19, 2018
  11. Word Man Win User
    What kind of connection are you backing up through to the target drive? USB, Wifi, Ethernet?

Word Man, Mar 19, 2018
  12. Thx Mike, tonight I was able to systematically test pairs of DRAM until I discovered DRAM3 was causing the issue.
    Macrium seems to be happy now that I have removed from my mobo.

I'll order another DRAM later, but for now I can get by with 8GB RAM instead of 16

Thanks for your help

cheezystix, Mar 20, 2018
  13. Macrium Reflect Data Verification failed issues

Was using SATA and 2 hard drives

But turned out to be a DRAM issue with MR .. so I believe I am fine now

cheezystix, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Macrium Reflect Data Verification failed issues - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect Data

2. Issue with Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with Macrium Reflect: Hi everyone, so for Christmas I gave my parents my old computer, and I took out their hard drive from their old dell computer and put it in the new one and am trying to clone it to an ssd so it’s faster. However, when I clone it with macrium, it doesn’t clone the OS. There...
  3. Macrium Reflect FAILED

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect FAILED: Whenever I try to restore a Macrium Reflect image, it says: Macrium Reflect has encountered a serious problem: Dump file 'C:\reflectv6.1-871-x64-0.dmp was created. Please email this file to L: support@macrium.com What free image programs WORK in Windows 10? 26818
  4. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  5. Macrium Reflect Difficulties

Macrium Reflect Difficulties: Hi all I've got an issue with imaging using Macrium Reflect Free. I'm running a dual boot system using Bootcamp with Windows 7 & 10 on two primary partitions on my iMac 24. Both work perfectly but if I run Macrium Reflect on either one of the two OS's, the Windows 10...
  6. Issue with creating Image on Laptop with Macrium Reflect

Issue with creating Image on Laptop with Macrium Reflect: OK here's my scenario, I have successfully used Macrium Reflect to create images saved on a 1TB external drive. I had 2 good images stored on it and tried to put 3rd image on the same drive. Please note that I have used one of save images to restore the system after replacing...
  7. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  8. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  9. Replace Failing HD - Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replace Failing HD - Macrium Reflect: Hi My main boot disk is a 240GB EVO 840, I have a 2TB Seagate drive partitioned as D (1TB) & E (1TB) and a 240GB F drive. The PC rebooted by itself today, when it restarted the Seagate (D & E) had gone. Couple of reboots later and it's back. I tried to use Macrium...
  10. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........