Windows 10: Macrium Reflect - Desktop PC Image to Macbook Bootcamp Partition

Discus and support Macrium Reflect - Desktop PC Image to Macbook Bootcamp Partition in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Has anyone done this, is there any certain things I should be aware of before trying? Like I just wanna replace the C: windows partition on my macbook... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fifty1fifty5150, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Macrium Reflect - Desktop PC Image to Macbook Bootcamp Partition

Has anyone done this, is there any certain things I should be aware of before trying?

Like I just wanna replace the C: windows partition on my macbook with the current working version I have on my desktop computer

Things are all backed up already but there was are just some options like writing a new MBR from the disk image of the PC or leaving the macbook one as is. Not sure if i should select yes or no on that one.

submitted by /u/fifty1fifty5150
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fifty1fifty5150, Mar 18, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium Reflect - Desktop PC Image to Macbook Bootcamp Partition [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Mar 18, 2021
  3. Golden Win User
    Macrium Rescue Media for 2 Computers on same USB

I have two computers running Windows 10 x 64 Build 1909:

• Desktop
    • MacBook Bootcamp

The desktop is imaged using Macrium, with rescue media on a bootable USB thumbdrive.

I also want to image the Windows 10 installation on the MacBook using Macrium, but would ideally like to use the same rescue USB thumbdrive.

Is this possible? What is the best method to achieve this?

Golden, Mar 18, 2021
  4. Phil_A1 Win User

Macrium Reflect - Desktop PC Image to Macbook Bootcamp Partition

Loading an image (Macrium Reflect) of my C drive into a brand-new pc to retain browser settings, etc.

A few days ago I was told that to accomplish my goal I needed to use Macrium Reflect to take an image of my C drive, and then transfer the image to the new pc. I've done that, and would like to know if it's a simple matter of just transferring it from
    my Seagate external HD to the new pc, so my browser settings, etc. will be as they are now...or are there any other steps I need to take in the process?

Phil_A1, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

Macrium Reflect - Desktop PC Image to Macbook Bootcamp Partition

1. Macrium Reflect - Desktop PC Image to Macbook Bootcamp Partition - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect Desktop

2. Which partitions to backup on a Bootcamp-ed Windows 10 in Macrium Reflect?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which partitions to backup on a Bootcamp-ed Windows 10 in Macrium Reflect?: I have a Macbook Pro and I run Windows 10 using Bootcamp. I wants to take a full system backup of Windows 10 using Macrium Reflect. Macrium Reflect gives me options to backup which partitions: https://i.imgur.com/risEsvI.png I know I need select number 3, if I only wants to...
  3. macrium reflect shrink partition

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    macrium reflect shrink partition: I'm using macrium reflect free making images of my ssd and hdd together in one file. My ssd is 256 Gbyte.(one C: partition) If I install a new 250Gbyte ssd wiil the reflect restore process after drag and drop the c: partition from the old ssd to the new ssd in the restore...
  4. Macrium Reflect – how to reverse its partitioning?

Macrium Reflect – how to reverse its partitioning?: I have two identical USB drives: WD-Elements-(A) & WD-Elements-(B) each having a nominal capacity of 2 TB. Some time ago, whilst experimenting with the free Macrium Reflect, I created an image of my PC onto WD-Elements-(B) leaving me with just 359 GB of accessible data space...
  5. Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable

Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable: Good day, I bought a new desktop (Lenovo Gaming IdeaCentre Computer, Y710 Cube-15). It comes with a pitiful 100 GB SSD + 1 TB HD. My existing desktop has a 460GB SSD + 3 TB HD. I'd like to move my existing SSD + HD over to the new Lenovo desktop. It seems that this could...
  6. Issue with creating Image on Laptop with Macrium Reflect

Issue with creating Image on Laptop with Macrium Reflect: OK here's my scenario, I have successfully used Macrium Reflect to create images saved on a 1TB external drive. I had 2 good images stored on it and tried to put 3rd image on the same drive. Please note that I have used one of save images to restore the system after replacing...
  7. Macrium reflect - running a backup/image question

Macrium reflect - running a backup/image question: I run Macrium reflect free & create an image every week but have always assumed it created a new image (due to my choosing full backup every time) but had used a small 1TB HD for backup so didn't notice anything amiss. Recently I began using a 4TB HD & therefore thought it...
  8. Acronis True Image vs Macrium Reflect

Acronis True Image vs Macrium Reflect: I was toying with buying a copy of Acronis true Image now that it is on sale, but I figured I'd ask for some thoughts before doing so. Mainly, I'm looking for the ability to boot from CD/USB and create an image of a hard drive, for backup or recovery purposes. Then, if...
  9. Macrium Reflect does not find image file

Macrium Reflect does not find image file: Been trying M. Reflect free edition on a Dell Studio XPS 8000. I did as usual and created a boot rescue CD with the PE file with no problem. Then I continued to make an image of my boot disk C and save it on my hard drive D. Went to D and the image is there. Next I booted...
  10. Macrium Reflect...Disk Partitions query...

Macrium Reflect...Disk Partitions query...: I finally persuaded my friend to start performing Backups (using Macrium Reflect Free). However, I'm confused about the large number of partitions showing on his system- see the attached screenshot. The backup runs successfully, but I wondered if anyone could explain...