Windows 10: Macrium Reflect disk clone: Target disk has incompatible sector size

Discus and support Macrium Reflect disk clone: Target disk has incompatible sector size in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; [img] I formatted the 4TB ext HDD as NTFS to no avail 167044 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by dictum, Oct 25, 2020.

1. dictum Win User

Macrium Reflect disk clone: Target disk has incompatible sector size

Macrium Reflect disk clone: Target disk has incompatible sector size [​IMG]

I formatted the 4TB ext HDD as NTFS to no avail

:)

dictum, Oct 25, 2020
  2. dictum Win User

Problems booting with cloned disk created with Macrium Reflect

Trying to fix C: and getting this:

- - - Updated - - -

> SIW2 to label partition 1

How do I label the partition 1? Not possible via the Disk Management tool. You can see the
    "Change drive letter" field is grayed out

- - - Updated - - -

OK, I will try doing so with diskpart command line tool. That step was missing in the instructions above.

- - - Updated - - -

I made the Disk 0 part 1 = K

Does this look right before I run it?

- - - Updated - - -

Trying the G drive first:

- - - Updated - - -

and what does this mean?

dictum, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Cloned WIN10/64 Boot drive will not Boot! Boot volume stays OFFLINE

Rather than using the Macrium Reflect cloning process, I have had better success with this method:

1. Create an image of the old disk. Park it on an external disk.
    2. Create a Macrium Reflect USB rescue disk.
    3. Disconnect the old disk, connect the new disk.
    4. Boot the machine with the USB rescue disk.
    5. Restore the image onto the new disk.
    6. Boot the machine with only the new disk connected.

Frederik Long, Oct 25, 2020
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Macrium and Linux Disks cloning

Hi folks
    just in case some people don't realize it but it's 100% possible to clone Linux formatted HDD's / SSD's with Macrium (from within Windows too --you don't need to use the stand alone program).

Ensure though when you attach the Linux drives / SSD's you ignore Windows request to format them or any messages about "incompatible file systems"

Simply select clone disks and carry on. The target SSD / HDD can be smaller than the source provided that the /home and / partitions (on Linux) are large enough on the destination drive.

If you know this already - then OK but I know some people on these Forums use Linux for playing with etc and might not know about easy ways of backing up Linux systems (VM's are easy - this is for physical HDD's/ SSD's)

The target disk should be bootable in nearly every case -- it'a always worked for me --just remember NOT to format the disks at windows prompt and ignore incompatible file system messages from Windows.

cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Macrium Reflect disk clone: Target disk has incompatible sector size - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect disk

2. Macrium reflect. Disk cloning. Incompatible sector size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Macrium reflect. Disk cloning. Incompatible sector size: [ATTACH] Got an SSD as a gift. Now I'm trying to clone my Win10 from my old HDD to the SSD with Macrium Refelect but this happened. Any work around for this? Or any other cloning software I can use? Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks! ^^...
  3. Macrium Reflect clone Basic Disk to Dynamic Disk

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect clone Basic Disk to Dynamic Disk: Hi, I would like to know how do I clone a hd with basic partition to a hd with dynamic partition? My Macrium Reflect is 7.2 version. Thank's 167387
  4. Problems booting with cloned disk created with Macrium Reflect

Problems booting with cloned disk created with Macrium Reflect: I am puzzled by this, I have been using Macrium Reflect for a decade. I have several SSDs in the machine, and I run Macrium Reflect clone this disk option. It creates a perfect image/clone. Except that the disk is not bootable. The hardware is MSI Titan GT80 SLI. When I hit...
  5. How to clone a disk with Macrium Reflect 7.x

How to clone a disk with Macrium Reflect 7.x: Hi. Recently posted. Please watch - excellent resource! [media] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atD7klwMwzM *chuckle 149195
  6. Macrium and Linux Disks cloning

Macrium and Linux Disks cloning: Hi folks just in case some people don't realize it but it's 100% possible to clone Linux formatted HDD's / SSD'swith Macrium (from within Windows too --you don't need o use rthe stand alone program). Ensure though when you attach the Linux drives / SSD's you ignore Windows...
  7. Macrium Reflect error while cloning disks

Macrium Reflect error while cloning disks: I cloned disks for years and it usually works well. Today I am getting this error: This restore must be completed in the Windows PE rescue environment. I don't want to do a restore, I just want to clone Disk C to another disk. 124587
  8. Macrium Reflect error while cloning disks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect error while cloning disks: I cloned disks for years and it usually works well. Today I am getting this error: This restore must be completed in the Windows PE rescue environment. I don't want to do a restore, I just want to clone Disk C to another disk. 124587
  9. Macrium Reflect...Disk Partitions query...

Macrium Reflect...Disk Partitions query...: I finally persuaded my friend to start performing Backups (using Macrium Reflect Free). However, I'm confused about the large number of partitions showing on his system- see the attached screenshot. The backup runs successfully, but I wondered if anyone could explain...
  10. macrium reflect relocated sector count

macrium reflect relocated sector count: I have a disc with 20010 (hex) relocated sector counts (read via crystaldiskinfo) What happens if I take an image with macrium reflect and restore the image on a new disk: will the relocated sector count exist again on the new disk? 48149