Windows 10: Macrium Reflect Eject Drive Problem

Discus and support Macrium Reflect Eject Drive Problem in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I just upgraded to the latest version of Macrium Reflect Home Edition v7.3 5289. I mounted a Macrium image file on an external drive (H) to view the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Steve C, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Steve C Win User

Macrium Reflect Eject Drive Problem

I just upgraded to the latest version of Macrium Reflect Home Edition v7.3 5289.

I mounted a Macrium image file on an external drive (H) to view the virtual drive in the image (I) which works fine. However on right clicking I there is no option to eject the virtual drive as expected (see below). Is this a bug or something else?

Macrium Reflect Eject Drive Problem [​IMG]

:)

Steve C, Oct 20, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium Reflect Eject Drive Problem [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Oct 20, 2020
  3. OldNavyGuy, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Macrium Reflect Eject Drive Problem

Problems ejecting a portable hard drive.

i have a solution for the problem with ejecting external hard drives this has worked for me on my windows 10 computer.

when typing use lower case letters and leave out the brackets ( ).

i have use capital letters in parts so it is easier for all people to understand.

i will do it in steps.

step 1. try and eject the external hard drive. when the message pops up saying (PROBLEM EJECTING USB MASS STORAGE) do not close it.

step 2. in the search bar type (EVENT VIEWER)

step 3. in (Event viewer) on the left side look for (Windows logs) then click (SYSTEM)

step 4. in (SYSTEM) tab go across to (EVENT ID) look for (EVENT ID 225)
    there might be multiple (EVENT ID 225) in that case it will be the top one.

when you click on it. underneath it there will be two options named (GENERAL and DETAILS) select general.

it will tell you what has stopped the external hard drive from ejecting. it will have your device directory and in that it will say something like.

(The application\device\ the name of your external hard drive\program files\ X86\ what ever program is causing to problem).

step 5. when you have found out what program is causing the problem. open
    (TASK MANAGER) by holding the
    (ctrl+alt+delete)

at the same time. then click
    (TASK MANAGER)

step 6. in
    (TASK MANGER) go to the
    (PROCESSES TAB) scroll down until you get to
    (BACK GROUND PROCESSES) when there find the program name that was in
    (EVENT VIEWER) click on it and end task.

step 6. close the
    (PROBLEM EJECTING USB MASS STORAGE)

that popped up and now try ejecting the external hard drive again if the previous message doesnt pop up again you have fix the problem and the hard drive will eject properly.

step 7. if the problem happens the next time you turn on your computer just remember the program that caused the problem and go to (TASK MANAGER) and end the same task as before. if the problem
    happens after then just repeat the step i have laid out and you will be able to find what other program could be the problem.

if when you have tried these steps and you still have a problem chances are it could be a hardware problem with either the external hard drive or the computer its self.

i hope this post will help people out to fix the problem.

please comment if you need further assistance.

thank you.

thomas.

thomasholroyd1, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Macrium Reflect Eject Drive Problem

1. Macrium Reflect Eject Drive Problem - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect Eject

2. macrium reflect problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    macrium reflect problem: Hi I downloaded the free version of Macrium Reflect v7.3.5925 ages ago and made a system image. Yesterday I decided to make a fresh image only to get an error message and "Failed to create system snapshot. Failed 0x8004230f". I looked on line and it was suggested that I had...
  3. Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?: I been using Macrium Reflect Free for a few weeks now and it already saved me from reinstalling Windows three times already. I want to know for backup images is it better to get a dedicated external drive for image backups or just to use an internal drive like I am using now....
  4. Macrium Reflect restore over corrupt drive?

Macrium Reflect restore over corrupt drive?: This morning I had a computer crash . Somehow it got stuck on an upgrade . I Booted into system restore and tried to restore to earlier date. Error message came up indicating I had drive issues so I continued with the offer to scan and repair the drive. After drive was...
  5. Macrium Reflect and SSD drive

Macrium Reflect and SSD drive: I want to add a SSD Drive SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-7KE256BW to my computer. I have done a system image of my WD drive,will I be able to install the image to the SSD drive? The WD drive has a partition on it that is...
  6. Macrium reflect rescue usb problem

Macrium reflect rescue usb problem: Though this belongs to Win 7 32 bit but I think people here may have answer to my problem. I created a Macrium USB pen drive (fat 16 formatted) but PC is not booting this pen drive and error comes up - operating system missing). PC first boot device is my pen drive. 28084
  7. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  8. cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect

cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect: I am wanting to clone my hard drive and put it on another computer. I think I get it cloned on a external hd. I have made a boot cd. Now here is my problem I don't know how to get it to transfer to the new hd on the new computer. The cd ask wish image to tranfer but there is...
  9. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........
  10. Macrium Reflect credential problem

Macrium Reflect credential problem: The scheduled, daily image failed the 28 and 29 both with the error couldn't find the *.xml file. The backup had been doing fine for the past 3 or so weeks. Coincidentally, the program didn't recognize the user name or password. The user name was correct and so was the...