Windows 10: Macrium Reflect failed me, don't understand why

Discus and support Macrium Reflect failed me, don't understand why in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The boot drive on my home web server died. I was using Drive Image XML for backup. I had a Seagate 120GB HDD as the boot drive, replaced it with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ztruker, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Ztruker Win User

Macrium Reflect failed me, don't understand why

The boot drive on my home web server died. I was using Drive Image XML for backup. I had a Seagate 120GB HDD as the boot drive, replaced it with a Kingston 120GB SSD.

Had a heck of a time finding a way to restore my DIXML backup using the Runtime Software rescue disc as it's based on Knoppix and for some reason would not show me the partitions on the 2TB HDD where my backup were located. Finally built a new Win10XPE with DIXML available and then I could see the partition on the 2TB drive the backups were in.

I installed Win 7 Pro on the SSD first to create the necessary partitions then ran DIXML. When I tried to restore it said the C: partition was too small. I therefore restore it to my E: drive, shrank E: down to a couple GB less than the size of the C: partition and used Macrium to make a backup image.

Now I tried to use Macrium to restore the image to C: and it said not enough room, even though the size of the partition imaged was smaller then the C: drive I was restoring to.

I was finally able to get the drive restore by doing a partition copy from Partition Wizard on the Win10XPE flash drive then use Macrium Fix boot problems to clean up.

What a pain.

:)

Ztruker, Mar 2, 2019
  2. Ed-jo Win User

Issues with Macrium Reflect and SyncToy programs Windows 10.

trying to create a task for synctoy, or any other program fails, also scheduler not working for macrium reflect either, any help appreciated.

Old title: cant create a task get multiple errors.

Ed-jo, Mar 2, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium Reflect failed me, don't understand why [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Macrium Reflect failed me, don't understand why

Issues with Macrium Reflect and SyncToy programs Windows 10.

Hi Ed,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

We understand that you have issues with Macrium Reflect and SyncToy programs on Windows 10. We feel sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

We will assist you to resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

1. What is the version of SyncToy installed on your computer?

2. What is the version of Macrium Reflect installed on your computer?

3. As per you query, you say "scheduler not working for macrium reflect", are you referring to Task scheduler?

4. If it is Task scheduler, Is Task scheduler working on all programs, other than Macrium Reflect ?

Please post your query on SyncToy forum link below:

Microsoft forums - Microsoft Sync Framework

Let's refer to these links below.

Schedule Task

Macrium Software | 404

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

AntonyJose, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Macrium Reflect failed me, don't understand why

1. Macrium Reflect failed me, don't understand why - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect failed

2. Is Macrium Reflect for me?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Macrium Reflect for me?: Recently my PC needs a complete wipe and I'm trying to backup everything. The PC doesn't have any access to the Internet. Could I copy Macrium to a hard drive, insert it into the PC, run it, save everything, wipe the PC, boot it up, and load everything back up from the...
  3. Macrium Reflect - understanding thereof

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect - understanding thereof: build 1919 ver. 18363.752 Cards on the table/Admission time .. I have never been imaging fan, partly because of lack of unbderstanding (laziness ?) and partly because previous attempts have failed miserably. I've always had plentyt of time on my hands so clean (re)installs...
  4. Macrium Reflect FAILED

Macrium Reflect FAILED: Whenever I try to restore a Macrium Reflect image, it says: Macrium Reflect has encountered a serious problem: Dump file 'C:\reflectv6.1-871-x64-0.dmp was created. Please email this file to L: support@macrium.com What free image programs WORK in Windows 10? 26818
  5. Macrium Reflect Difficulties

Macrium Reflect Difficulties: Hi all I've got an issue with imaging using Macrium Reflect Free. I'm running a dual boot system using Bootcamp with Windows 7 & 10 on two primary partitions on my iMac 24. Both work perfectly but if I run Macrium Reflect on either one of the two OS's, the Windows 10...
  6. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  7. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  8. Replace Failing HD - Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replace Failing HD - Macrium Reflect: Hi My main boot disk is a 240GB EVO 840, I have a 2TB Seagate drive partitioned as D (1TB) & E (1TB) and a 240GB F drive. The PC rebooted by itself today, when it restarted the Seagate (D & E) had gone. Couple of reboots later and it's back. I tried to use Macrium...
  9. Macrium Reflect Data Verification failed issues

Macrium Reflect Data Verification failed issues: Recently a pc I have been using Macrium Reflect on for 7 years now has been having issues?The problem is not that images cannot be made successfully, but rather the image files created afterwards do not verify (error says Data Verification failed - Block 187154) and cannot be...
  10. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........

Users found this page by searching for:

1. macrium reflect free wont let me restore

2. macrium reflect free image wont let me copy user account

3. i do and i understand how. i reflect and i understand why poynter