Windows 10: Macrium Reflect FAILED

Discus and support Macrium Reflect FAILED in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Whenever I try to restore a Macrium Reflect image, it says: Macrium Reflect has encountered a serious problem: Dump file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Yeremyah, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Yeremyah Win User

Macrium Reflect FAILED

Whenever I try to restore a Macrium Reflect image, it says:

Macrium Reflect has encountered a serious problem: Dump file 'C:\reflectv6.1-871-x64-0.dmp was created. Please email this file to L: support@macrium.com
    What free image programs WORK in Windows 10?

:)

Yeremyah, Oct 17, 2015
  2. SpiritX MS MVP, Oct 17, 2015
  3. Backing up windows 10 to external hard drive via usb

As File History and Backups have been deprecated in Windows, I suggest you to switch to a 3rd party Software like Macrium reflect:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/61026-backu...

If that fails too please let us know.

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 17, 2015
  4. fdegrove Win User

Macrium Reflect FAILED

Hi,

If errors like that pop up then there sure is a problem. No other imaging programme can solve that even if it appears to be working.

I'd check the drive or partition(s) using chkdsk /F or /R from an elevated prompt to see if there are errors.
    You can also check your backup image using Macrium for integrity. If that fails then the backup is useless.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Oct 17, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Macrium Reflect Free does.
    or
    Windows Start Button, then search for backup - top result, "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)", then "create a system image".

NavyLCDR, Oct 17, 2015
  6. zooburner Win User
    Macrium works flawlessly for me on all versions of windows. 7/8.1/10
    I do however use the boot disk and not try and do a image while in Windows, I have never had a failure to copy or restore in over 6 years.
    Starting with the rescue CD

I've always been of the mind that the Operating System is best not involved in making a backup of itself.

zoo

zooburner, Oct 17, 2015
  7. fireberd Win User
    I have Macrium V6 (paid version). I do not have any problems either with creating disc images or restoring. I usually make the disc image (backup) from my OS, but I have a dual boot (separate SSD's) of Win 7 and Win 10. If I want to make a disc image of Win 10 I do it from Win 7 and from Win 10 for Win 7.

I had an error creating a disc image ONE TIME back in V5. Just started the disc image again and no problem.

I do full disc images, NO incremental backups.

fireberd, Oct 17, 2015
  8. fdegrove Win User

Macrium Reflect FAILED

Hi,

Much to my surprise Macrium Reflect has absolutely zero problems with doing so. If it feels it should be run from it's PE environment it will suggest to do so. IME that only happens during a full system restore when the programme is launched from that same system.
    Other than that? WOW what an extraordinary piece of software this is.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Oct 17, 2015
  9. Yeremyah Win User
    I am booting of a USB 1GB stick, is that the reason?

I dont have a CD/DVD drive.

Yeremyah, Oct 17, 2015
  10. Yeremyah Win User
    How I run chkdsk /F or /R in W10?

Yeremyah, Oct 17, 2015
  11. Yeremyah Win User
    I worked it out and FIXED *Smile

Problem was... I initially installed Macrium on my Windows 7, and created a bootable USB stick in Windows 7.

I then upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10.

I then tried to restore a Macrium image booting of that same Windows 7 created Macrium boot USB stick, so that was the problem.

SOLUTION/FIX: I created a new bootable USB stick in Macrium but this time in Windows 10. I selected Windows 10 in the WinPE section. Now the USB bootable stick doesn't give that "Macrium Reflect has encountered a serious problem: Dump file 'C:\reflectv6.1-871-x64-0.dmp was created." message.

All good now *Smile

Yeremyah, Oct 17, 2015
  12. badrobot Win User
    Could be an MBR - GPT issue. Glad you had it sorted out.

Macrium never fails unless you really have problems in your system which is not Macrium's fault.

badrobot, Oct 18, 2015
  13. Yeremyah Win User

Macrium Reflect FAILED

All I know is that I created a bootable USB stick when I had W7 installed. So it seems after upgrading to W10, people must create a NEW bootable USB stick for W10, as booting the W7 boot USB stick after someone upgrading to Windows 10, gives that "Macrium Reflect has encountered a serious problem: Dump file 'C:\reflectv6.1-871-x64-0.dmp was created" error message.

When loading Macrium under W10, I selected Other Tasks, then Create Rescue Media, then clicked on "CHANGE PE VERSION" and selected W10.

Yeremyah, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Macrium Reflect FAILED

1. Macrium Reflect FAILED - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect FAILED

2. Macrium Reflect free

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  3. Macrium Reflect Difficulties

Macrium Reflect Difficulties: Hi all I've got an issue with imaging using Macrium Reflect Free. I'm running a dual boot system using Bootcamp with Windows 7 & 10 on two primary partitions on my iMac 24. Both work perfectly but if I run Macrium Reflect on either one of the two OS's, the Windows 10...
  4. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  5. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  6. Replace Failing HD - Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replace Failing HD - Macrium Reflect: Hi My main boot disk is a 240GB EVO 840, I have a 2TB Seagate drive partitioned as D (1TB) & E (1TB) and a 240GB F drive. The PC rebooted by itself today, when it restarted the Seagate (D & E) had gone. Couple of reboots later and it's back. I tried to use Macrium...
  7. Macrium Reflect Data Verification failed issues

Macrium Reflect Data Verification failed issues: Recently a pc I have been using Macrium Reflect on for 7 years now has been having issues?The problem is not that images cannot be made successfully, but rather the image files created afterwards do not verify (error says Data Verification failed - Block 187154) and cannot be...
  8. Macrium Reflect Disaster

Macrium Reflect Disaster: W10 Pro, 16GB RAM, 480Gb SSD Macrium Reflect Free v. 6.3.1835.0, attempting to image drive C:\. After several hours, image failed to complete. System would not reboot in any way, not from CD/DVD drive, Flash drive etc., Ubuntu.. Data on C and other HD OK. Attempt to...
  9. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........
  10. Macrium Reflect errors.

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect errors.: Okay so I booted up my computer today and looked in the event log and noticed some errors from Macrium Reflect . Event ID 7000. The MacriumService service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. macrium reflect problem solving