Windows 10: Macrium Reflect Free nightmare. Will not work.

Discus and support Macrium Reflect Free nightmare. Will not work. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I had no problem when I had/used Reflect on Windows 8/8.1. Now that I've upgraded to 10, I can't get Reflect to work at all. I followed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Odos270, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Odos270 Win User

Macrium Reflect Free nightmare. Will not work.

I had no problem when I had/used Reflect on Windows 8/8.1. Now that I've upgraded to 10, I can't get Reflect to work at all.

I followed the directions to the letter on their website. I use disk part exactly as they say. Then 1 of 2 things happen when I try to create rescue media. 1) I'm told that there's more than 1 partition on the drive. 2) No room on the drive that I just reformatted using disk part.

I've tried this at least 10 times with the exact same results.

I'm using a 128GB flash drive for the backup.

When I open the drive, it shows 1 folder. System Volume Information. That folder shows that the size is 0 bytes and 0 files. When I look in This PC, it shows the drive as 119GB in size and 119GB free.

I'm at my wit's end. *Confused

TIA

:)

Odos270, Jun 7, 2016
  2. SpiritX MS MVP, Jun 7, 2016
  3. CraigLong Win User
    CraigLong, Jun 7, 2016
  4. Kyhi Win User

The rescue media has to be a Fat32 partition and it only support 32GB...

so the rest of the 128GB will be useless - use a smaller USB for the rescue media...

Kyhi, Jun 7, 2016
  5. RolandJS Win User
    Wait, keep the 128GB stick for your external media -- for use in putting your data material on it as you copy such off of the internal hard-drive. Meanwhile, get a 8GB-16GB usb stick for your rescue boot, I have a bunch of those around with all kinds of rescue boots.

RolandJS, Jun 7, 2016
  6. Odos270 Win User
    Doh! I had a total brainfart.

I wasn't thinking at all. *Redface

I should've referred to Imaging. OK, have another couple questions. Exactly which partitions do I need to image?

Macrium Reflect Free nightmare. Will not work. [​IMG]

Just C or all of them? Also, when I now try to do an image, it's asking for a username and password. That wasn't the case with 8.1.
    @Roland, I have an external drive for my media. The flash drive I bought to do hard drive images.

Odos270, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Macrium Reflect Free nightmare. Will not work. - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect Free

2. Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free: On the Macrium Reflect Forums, they state that Macrium Reflect Free Version 7 will be available by end of June. 85239
  3. Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?

Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?: Can anyone recommend an alternative to Macrium Reflect Free as a backup tool? I want something that does disk imaging, as opposed to just backing up files. I have been fighting with Reflect Free on two computers and have got to the point where, even if I ever do get it...
  4. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  5. Macrium Reflect Free: Retention Rules

Macrium Reflect Free: Retention Rules: All, Thanks to this site's recommendation, I have downloaded and configured MR Free for System images. I have it scheduled to do Monthly Full & Weekly differentials. I can't understand the Retention Rules? Here is my default set up. [img] But when I go to the log of...
  6. Macrium Reflect FREE Edition 6.1.1366

Macrium Reflect FREE Edition 6.1.1366: [img] 54870
  7. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  8. Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question

Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question: I'm a new user to Macrium but so far so good, I've cloned my laptop HDD to an external HDD with no problems. I also created a rescue usb drive. Now I'm intending to fit an SSD to my laptop so here's my question ...can I fit the "blank" SSD to my laptop then boot up with the...
  9. Macrium reflect free compatibility

Macrium reflect free compatibility: Short question are the images produced on reflect 5.1 compatible with 6.Long question: I have backed up my laptop over wireless to a network drive. Laptop is running xp and networked desktop is running win 10. I plan to change my laptop hard drive to an SSD but need to...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect Free: Good Day All just curious if this looks right [img] the fourth section of my C: drive is all red meaning full (almost) is this normal Thanks in ADV for any info 97310