Windows 10: Macrium Reflect Free Questions

Discus and support Macrium Reflect Free Questions in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Recent experience has me thinking of everything that I can possibly do to maintain this system. I do run a batch file backup routine several times a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Wiley Coyote, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Macrium Reflect Free Questions

Recent experience has me thinking of everything that I can possibly do to maintain this system. I do run a batch file backup routine several times a day copying current data to a WD Elements external drive, so I'm covered with having current backups of that.

First question: Gayle's Laptop has three USB ports and no CD/DVD drive. Can I make a Rescue Stick on the same USB Stick I put the Image on? Or should they be kept separate?

Next question: If I make an Image (FULL Backup, everything) and over the course of a week or so create new data on the PC. Then if I have to perform a Restore, what happens to the data on the machine that's not in the Image I'm restoring? Is the HDD more or less cleaned/erased/wiped/overwritten with the Restored Image?

Appreciate your time and advice. Thanks.

:)

Wiley Coyote, Sep 26, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium Reflect Free Questions [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Sep 26, 2018
  3. Cliff S Win User
    New Macrium Reflect Updates

Something I found interesting:
    New Feature: Automatic System Restore Macrium Software Blog

Cliff S, Sep 26, 2018
  4. Ed-jo Win User

Macrium Reflect Free Questions

Issues with Macrium Reflect and SyncToy programs Windows 10.

trying to create a task for synctoy, or any other program fails, also scheduler not working for macrium reflect either, any help appreciated.

Old title: cant create a task get multiple errors.

Ed-jo, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

Macrium Reflect Free Questions

1. Macrium Reflect Free Questions - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect Free

2. Question about Macrium Reflect (free)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question about Macrium Reflect (free): Hi. I know with Macrium free version you can make 4 differential backups. What's not clear to me is it 4 differential backups per full backup or 4 differential backups total. Thanks in advance for any replies. Mark 140588
  3. Question about Macrium Reflect (free)

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about Macrium Reflect (free): Hi. I know with Macrium free version you can make 4 differential backups. What's not clear to me is it 4 differential backups per full backup or 4 differential backups total. Thanks in advance for any replies. Mark 140588
  4. Question about Macrium Reflect (free)

Question about Macrium Reflect (free): Hi. I apologize because the question I'm about to ask was basically answered in a previous post by me but I'd like to be very clear on this. If I make a full backup image with Macrium then let's say a week later I make a differential backup. If at some point I want to restore...
  5. Question about Macrium Reflect (free)

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about Macrium Reflect (free): Hi. I apologize because the question I'm about to ask was basically answered in a previous post by me but I'd like to be very clear on this. If I make a full backup image with Macrium then let's say a week later I make a differential backup. If at some point I want to restore...
  6. Macrium Reflect 6 free edition question

Macrium Reflect 6 free edition question: In Norton Ghost 14, while making backup for my XP, I have to separately backup My Documents Folder and My Picture Folder because it was said that these folders are not included when back up System Drive. Do Macrium also does the same and do not include these folders. I have...
  7. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  8. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  9. Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question

Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question: I'm a new user to Macrium but so far so good, I've cloned my laptop HDD to an external HDD with no problems. I also created a rescue usb drive. Now I'm intending to fit an SSD to my laptop so here's my question ...can I fit the "blank" SSD to my laptop then boot up with the...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect Free: Good Day All just curious if this looks right [img] the fourth section of my C: drive is all red meaning full (almost) is this normal Thanks in ADV for any info 97310