Windows 10: Macrium Reflect- Free vs. Windows 10 drive imaging

Discus and support Macrium Reflect- Free vs. Windows 10 drive imaging in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I may need to wipe my HDD to trial Neverware. I want to make sure I can get back my legal installation of Windows 10 Pro on this computer. What are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by SJMaye, Apr 5, 2016.

1. SJMaye Win User

Macrium Reflect- Free vs. Windows 10 drive imaging

I may need to wipe my HDD to trial Neverware. I want to make sure I can get back my legal installation of Windows 10 Pro on this computer.

What are my options? Built-in Win10 or something like Macrium?

:)

SJMaye, Apr 5, 2016

2. Boot disc System Image Recover not possible from USB

What I'd do is not bother with WIndows imaging in this case, since it frequently won't recover to a new hard drive anyway. Instead plug back in the old hard drive and create an image using the best free app

Macrium Reflect is a Free and Easy To Use Backup Utility
    along with it's Rescue Disk, then swap out the hard drives and boot the disk to restore to it, fully automated and failure-free.

Restoring a System image from Windows

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Apr 5, 2016
  3. CraigLong Win User
    CraigLong, Apr 5, 2016
  4. Macrium Reflect- Free vs. Windows 10 drive imaging

I had to look up what Neverware is, but why not just run it in a virtual machine? This way, after you try it out, it isn't going to affect your main OS.

DeaconFrost, Apr 5, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    Or, click on their 'Dual Boot' option to learn more.

(Wonder if it's like 'Remix'?)

Edwin, Apr 5, 2016
  6. SJMaye Win User
    I would be glad to try. The Neverware install boots off a USB stick. It offers two installation options: Standalone- which deletes the entire hard drive and DualBoot- allows you to keep your current OS installation, but limited numbers of computers have been able to use this.

I have heard of Virtual Machine, but I really know little about how to set it up. Can you give me some pointers? I am willing to give it a try.

SJMaye, Apr 5, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Search for Oracle VM Virtualbox - freeware. Top result (probably)

dalchina, Apr 5, 2016
  8. Macrium Reflect- Free vs. Windows 10 drive imaging

VirtualBox and VMWare Player are probably the two most common options, and are both free. Basically, you install the software, then configure a virtual machine. It's very straightforward and doesn't affect the host (main) system.

Here is a link to their own forums regarding virtual machine use.

Virtual Machine Use CloudReady

DeaconFrost, Apr 5, 2016
  9. SJMaye Win User
    Wow. I am going to try this. Thank you for the replies.

SJMaye, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Macrium Reflect- Free vs. Windows 10 drive imaging

1. Macrium Reflect- Free vs. Windows 10 drive imaging - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect Free

2. Macrium Reflect - paid vs. free version...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect - paid vs. free version...: About a week or so ago, I finally got the paid version of Macrium Reflect. Mainly for the Image Guardian that the paid version adds. Today I was testing, backing up and restoring from a USB stick (fast one). It works. However, I noticed that with the paid version, I also get...
  3. Restoring Image by free Macrium Reflect

Restoring Image by free Macrium Reflect: In the past I was able to restore a Disk Image in the Windows 10 interface without using the Rescue Disk. Lately this is no longer possible and restoration through the Rescue Disk is the only way now. This is not a big hassle but it is an unwelcome nag. Is it possible to go...
  4. Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?

Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?: Can anyone recommend an alternative to Macrium Reflect Free as a backup tool? I want something that does disk imaging, as opposed to just backing up files. I have been fighting with Reflect Free on two computers and have got to the point where, even if I ever do get it...
  5. macrium reflect v6 home edition worth the price vs free

macrium reflect v6 home edition worth the price vs free: Macrium Reflect for Home Use I was looking at this home edition but, wanted to get some opinions vs the free edition as I plan to upgrade motherboards later on and would like to use the saved image I have the free v6 now. Thanks! *Smile 11952
  6. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  7. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  8. Acronis True Image vs Macrium Reflect

Acronis True Image vs Macrium Reflect: I was toying with buying a copy of Acronis true Image now that it is on sale, but I figured I'd ask for some thoughts before doing so. Mainly, I'm looking for the ability to boot from CD/USB and create an image of a hard drive, for backup or recovery purposes. Then, if...
  9. Macrium reflect free compatibility

Macrium reflect free compatibility: Short question are the images produced on reflect 5.1 compatible with 6.Long question: I have backed up my laptop over wireless to a network drive. Laptop is running xp and networked desktop is running win 10. I plan to change my laptop hard drive to an SSD but need to...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect Free: Good Day All just curious if this looks right [img] the fourth section of my C: drive is all red meaning full (almost) is this normal Thanks in ADV for any info 97310