Windows 10: Macrium Reflect: How to clone just a partition

Discus and support Macrium Reflect: How to clone just a partition in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have a 2TB disk with a 100GB partition which I want to clone to a 1TB disk with a 100TB partition (and the rest unallocated) I get a message about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by dictum, Oct 21, 2020.

1. dictum Win User

Macrium Reflect: How to clone just a partition

I have a 2TB disk with a 100GB partition which I want to clone to a 1TB disk with a 100TB partition (and the rest unallocated)

I get a message about insufficient space. I did check of all the other partitions, leaving just the 100GB on the source.

- - - Updated - - -

Running the partition clone with AOMEI, that disk tool seems to handle it well, although it is slow cloning from SSD to HDD.

But it cannot copy to a 100GB partition I created, rather to the unallocated space portion of the disk, weird. 100GB is perfectly matched by a 100GB partition yet it could not chose it.

:)

dictum, Oct 21, 2020

2. Cloning an external HDD

Doing a clean Install while switching hard drive is always recommend due to the fact that the hardware configuration of each PC is different.

What I suggest is to Clone the other data partitions except C:

Use Macrium reflect a freeware for this.

Cloning a disk - KnowledgeBase - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Attempted cloning a WD 8TB usb hard drive to another WD 8TB usb hard drive using Macrium Reflect.

Hi DennisCPA

i don't know of a maximum size (nor can i find it mentioned), largest i have cloned is 4TB.

when i last had a clone fail, whilst checking connections of the destination drive i put it in a different port and it worked (i didn't investigate further), suggestion, check destination drive connections or try a different port

you may get a better solution if you ask in the Macrium reflect forums

Macrium Support Forum

Martmcd, Oct 21, 2020
  4. yurnero Win User

Cloning from a bigger hard drive to a smaller SSD with Macrium Reflect

I am working an HP computer with Win 10 x64 Premium with all the latest updates and Macrium Reflect 7.1.3317 Free Edition.

I would like to clone my C drive, the only internal hard drive, to a small external SSD (then I will swap them physically):

Macrium Reflect: How to clone just a partition Zr1eb.png

I click "Clone this disk", choose the SSD as the destination, click "Next" and get "Not all copied. Insufficient space."

Macrium Reflect: How to clone just a partition M4TU1.png

I then chose the last partition above on the destination disk, clicked "Cloned Partition Properties", and resized it to make 19GB of free space (my reasoning: 19 > 0.98+17.70):

Macrium Reflect: How to clone just a partition DMu4V.png

Then, whether I clicked "Copy selected partitions" or "Next", the same "Not all copied. Insufficient space." error pops up. How do I proceed please?

yurnero, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Macrium Reflect: How to clone just a partition - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect clone

2. Times to clone with Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Times to clone with Macrium Reflect: Due to a corrupt SSD I have installed Macrium Reflect app and started doing a clone of the SDD. I'm doing the clone to an older HDD, which I used as an OS drive before. My plan was to make this clone, and if it succeeded and was bootable, clone this to a new SDD. But the...
  3. Times to clone with Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Times to clone with Macrium Reflect: Due to a corrupt SSD I have installed Macrium Reflect app and started doing a clone of the SDD. I'm doing the clone to an older HDD, which I used as an OS drive before. My plan was to make this clone, and if it succeeded and was bootable, clone this to a new SDD. But the...
  4. Updating a Macrium Reflect Clone

Updating a Macrium Reflect Clone: OK, after a couple of decades of using FSS Developments Casper to backup and restore my computers, I took the plunge and bought a single licence for Macrium Reflect Home v 7.3.5289 in the Halloween sale. I've unistalled Casper on my ThinkPad T450s with 1 TB SSD running W10...
  5. Macrium Reflect Clone Fails to Boot Resized Partitions

Macrium Reflect Clone Fails to Boot Resized Partitions: Hi all, I'm having trouble getting a bootable image, cloning from GPT/UEFI and restoring to same GPT/UEFI. I needed to clean reinstall for unrelated reasons, and thought I should use the opportunity to switch to GPT/UEFI. I've done the following... The OS works great. But...
  6. Macrium Reflect clone question

Macrium Reflect clone question: Hi, I just cloned a 500gb disk to another disk of the same size using v7.2.4601. Clone finished fine, both disks boot ok, however the disk utilization is much higher on the source disk. 297gb(source) vs 64gb(target) - Wondering what did not get copied, or what is using up...
  7. Macrium Reflect – how to reverse its partitioning?

Macrium Reflect – how to reverse its partitioning?: I have two identical USB drives: WD-Elements-(A) & WD-Elements-(B) each having a nominal capacity of 2 TB. Some time ago, whilst experimenting with the free Macrium Reflect, I created an image of my PC onto WD-Elements-(B) leaving me with just 359 GB of accessible data space...
  8. cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect

cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect: I am wanting to clone my hard drive and put it on another computer. I think I get it cloned on a external hd. I have made a boot cd. Now here is my problem I don't know how to get it to transfer to the new hd on the new computer. The cd ask wish image to tranfer but there is...
  9. Macrium Reflect...Disk Partitions query...

Macrium Reflect...Disk Partitions query...: I finally persuaded my friend to start performing Backups (using Macrium Reflect Free). However, I'm confused about the large number of partitions showing on his system- see the attached screenshot. The backup runs successfully, but I wondered if anyone could explain...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question

Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question: I'm a new user to Macrium but so far so good, I've cloned my laptop HDD to an external HDD with no problems. I also created a rescue usb drive. Now I'm intending to fit an SSD to my laptop so here's my question ...can I fit the "blank" SSD to my laptop then boot up with the...