Windows 10: Macrium Reflect image names.

Discus and support Macrium Reflect image names. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Does it matter what you name your images? Macrium has a checkbox recommending you use the default name. Also how do you keep your images named properly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by reddice, Jul 8, 2018.

1. reddice Win User

Macrium Reflect image names.

Does it matter what you name your images? Macrium has a checkbox recommending you use the default name. Also how do you keep your images named properly so it does not get confusing. I do about 2 to 3 image backups a week since I mess my computer up trying different software and settings and when I have to fix W10 it gets confusing finding which one to restore.

:)

reddice, Jul 8, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    • Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    • Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    • click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium Reflect image names. [​IMG]
    • Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    • Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Phil_A1 Win User
    Loading an image (Macrium Reflect) of my C drive into a brand-new pc to retain browser settings, etc.

A few days ago I was told that to accomplish my goal I needed to use Macrium Reflect to take an image of my C drive, and then transfer the image to the new pc. I've done that, and would like to know if it's a simple matter of just transferring it from
    my Seagate external HD to the new pc, so my browser settings, etc. will be as they are now...or are there any other steps I need to take in the process?

Phil_A1, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Phil_A1 Win User

Loading an image (Macrium Reflect) of my C drive into a brand-new pc to retain browser settings, etc.

Thanks for the reply Gordon. So, connect the external HD that has the image, to the new pc, boot it up, and then run the 'restore' function of Macrium Reflect, for that particular image, is that correct?

Phil_A1, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Macrium Reflect image names. - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect image

2. Macrium Reflect Image Question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Macrium Reflect Image Question: I had a snapshot of my image saved in a external drive when I booted up my laptop for the first time. I recently did a restore due to some problems on my laptop using the image, but I accidentally deleted the image right after I restored my laptop. Seeing what I did, I...
  3. Macrium reflect image change

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium reflect image change: I change my image and everything ok. The only problem I can't get my backup files 136075
  4. Macrium reflect image change

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium reflect image change: I change my image and everything ok. The only problem I can't get my backup files 136075
  5. Macrium Reflect image will not delete?

Macrium Reflect image will not delete?: I've been using the free version for a few years. I downloaded the paid home version's 30 day trial. Before running my daily, scheduled backup to an external drive, I ran a test image to a flash drive (T:\Macrium TEST Onedrive\BE1C13BDDEE1C020-00-00.mrbak). I tried to delete...
  6. Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable

Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable: Good day, I bought a new desktop (Lenovo Gaming IdeaCentre Computer, Y710 Cube-15). It comes with a pitiful 100 GB SSD + 1 TB HD. My existing desktop has a 460GB SSD + 3 TB HD. I'd like to move my existing SSD + HD over to the new Lenovo desktop. It seems that this could...
  7. Issue with creating Image on Laptop with Macrium Reflect

Issue with creating Image on Laptop with Macrium Reflect: OK here's my scenario, I have successfully used Macrium Reflect to create images saved on a 1TB external drive. I had 2 good images stored on it and tried to put 3rd image on the same drive. Please note that I have used one of save images to restore the system after replacing...
  8. Macrium reflect - running a backup/image question

Macrium reflect - running a backup/image question: I run Macrium reflect free & create an image every week but have always assumed it created a new image (due to my choosing full backup every time) but had used a small 1TB HD for backup so didn't notice anything amiss. Recently I began using a 4TB HD & therefore thought it...
  9. Acronis True Image vs Macrium Reflect

Acronis True Image vs Macrium Reflect: I was toying with buying a copy of Acronis true Image now that it is on sale, but I figured I'd ask for some thoughts before doing so. Mainly, I'm looking for the ability to boot from CD/USB and create an image of a hard drive, for backup or recovery purposes. Then, if...
  10. Macrium Reflect does not find image file

Macrium Reflect does not find image file: Been trying M. Reflect free edition on a Dell Studio XPS 8000. I did as usual and created a boot rescue CD with the PE file with no problem. Then I continued to make an image of my boot disk C and save it on my hard drive D. Went to D and the image is there. Next I booted...