Windows 10: macrium reflect -- install different trial version?

Discus and support macrium reflect -- install different trial version? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I installed macrium reflect home, trial edition. when the trial runs out, can I install workstation trial? EDIT: I am asking here, rather than on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by shmu26, Aug 2, 2016.

1. shmu26 Win User

macrium reflect -- install different trial version?

I installed macrium reflect home, trial edition.
    when the trial runs out, can I install workstation trial?

EDIT: I am asking here, rather than on the official macrium forum, because a trial license does not entitle you to join the forum.
    over there, you have to pay in order to ask.

:)

shmu26, Aug 2, 2016

2. Windows 10 apps and data backup

Yes, if you want to do a Clean Install of Windows you will need to re-install all the Apps. When apps are installed they write to the Registry which can't be written to with success from the backups.

If you wanted to make a restorable system image use Macrium Reflect - Free. Though that can't be used to add the programs to a Clean Install. only a full replacement for them.

How to Create a Full-Disk Backup of Your PC with Macrium Reflect

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/7363/macrium-re...

SpiritX MS MVP, Aug 2, 2016
  3. SpiritX MS MVP, Aug 2, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

When you install a trial version of Macrium, a hidden key is inserted into the registry and you cannot delete it unless you made a backup image before installing the trial. I am not even sure if you can even re-install a free version.

topgundcp, Aug 2, 2016
  5. shmu26 Win User
    right, I know about that null key. But will it prevent me from installing a higher trial version? I mean, let's say at the end of 30 days, instead of buying home edition, I want to try workstation?

shmu26, Aug 2, 2016
  6. Barman58 Win User
    Contact Macrium and explain why you need to trial more than one version and they may allow this, or not, at their discretion

Barman58, Aug 2, 2016
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

I can't help you here significantly but :

Again I say - ALWAYS BACKUP before installing any new software - especially software that has registry keys (any software with registration will normally update / insert registry keys).

A suggestion though would be to test the update on a VM. You don't have to immediately activate Windows when creating a VM - it will work long enough to trial this type of software before prompting for activation. Delete the VM after test.

You can create a VM easily enough from your running system - VMware player or VBOX can run on W10 Home so if you can't use HYPER-V you can still create VM's. For VMware the free VMware converter tool can create a VM from your physically running machine.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. macrium reflect -- install different trial version? - Similar Threads - macrium reflect install

2. Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free: On the Macrium Reflect Forums, they state that Macrium Reflect Free Version 7 will be available by end of June. 85239
  3. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  4. Macrium Reflect Difficulties

Macrium Reflect Difficulties: Hi all I've got an issue with imaging using Macrium Reflect Free. I'm running a dual boot system using Bootcamp with Windows 7 & 10 on two primary partitions on my iMac 24. Both work perfectly but if I run Macrium Reflect on either one of the two OS's, the Windows 10...
  5. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  6. Latest version of Macrium Reflect Released

Latest version of Macrium Reflect Released: For anyone who has not done so yet There is a New version of Macrium Reflect Released v6.1.1023 Updated mine earlier 38891
  7. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  8. does the free version of macrium reflect enough ?

does the free version of macrium reflect enough ?: to create an image of my ssd which contain my windows 10 all of my programs all of my data and my images etc so I can backup and restore without the need to reinstall everything or the paid home version is better ? 66978
  9. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........
  10. Installed the wrong edition of Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed the wrong edition of Macrium Reflect: hi, By accident the trial one month edition was installed. I wanted the free edition and still want. Is there a way to undo and make the trial edition free or do I have to download and install again? The whole process took quite a while on my laptop so, if possible, I...