Windows 10: Macrium Reflect - paid vs. free version...

Discus and support Macrium Reflect - paid vs. free version... in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; About a week or so ago, I finally got the paid version of Macrium Reflect. Mainly for the Image Guardian that the paid version adds. Today I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Ghot, May 5, 2021.

1. Ghot Win User

Macrium Reflect - paid vs. free version...

About a week or so ago, I finally got the paid version of Macrium Reflect. Mainly for the Image Guardian that the paid version adds. Today I was testing, backing up and restoring from a USB stick (fast one). It works. However, I noticed that with the paid version, I also get Rapid Delta Restore. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. Without Rapid Delta Restore, (delta means change), restoring from a backup took the entire backup and replaced whatever was on the OS drive, with the backup. Restoring takes 1:36 or approx. 1.5 minutes on my computer. 18GB backup. With Rapid Delta Restore, Macrium only replaces the differences (what has changed) between the backup and what is currently ON the OS drive. RDR is FAST. Completes in 24 seconds on my computer. 18GB backup. Both methods do replace MBR (which I use) on the OS drive, which is good. Generally I use backups to be able to eradicate any OS corruption or infections, should they occur. I wonder if RDR does this as well as restoring the old fashioned way. RDR "seems" good on the surface, but I will have to ponder this for a while. Maybe keep an eye on the results others get from RDR. On a side note... Restoring from the Corsair 3.1 GTX 256GB USB thumb drive, was just as fast as restoring from a WD Black internal HDD.

:)

Ghot, May 5, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Reflect Free can be used by businesses....

Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

That is not a Premium feature, it is included in the Free edition. Coming soon in v8 Macrium will add support for Virtualbox.

Yes, those two are Premium features, Free does include Differentials though.

Bree, May 5, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium Reflect - paid vs. free version... [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, May 5, 2021
  4. Ghot Win User

Like I said... it sounds fantastic. For those with huge backups, it's probably a godsend.
    Me... I'm an old man. I'm still running a 2.5" SSD, when I have the capability to run NVMe.
    I have tiny backups (18GB).

I'm not discounting RDR, but like usual, I will be a late adopter.
    Here's the latest Macrium Reflect guide's section on RDR.

Macrium Reflect - paid vs. free version... [​IMG]

Ghot, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Macrium Reflect - paid vs. free version... - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect paid

2. Macrium Reflect Free, or paid version

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect Free, or paid version: Hey there, I haven't been terribly active here in a while, but am going to be building a new pc with my son at christmas time and wondering about imaging software. I want to ensure he picks up some good habits. It seems Macrium is the imaging software of choice still. Free...
  3. CCleaner: Free vs. Paid version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CCleaner: Free vs. Paid version: Does the paid version of CCleaner suffer from the privacy issues, pop up ads, bundled software in the installer, like the CCleaner browser? Or are these issues related to just the free version? In other words, does anyone use the paid version and can confirm whether or not it...
  4. Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free

Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free: On the Macrium Reflect Forums, they state that Macrium Reflect Free Version 7 will be available by end of June. 85239
  5. Macrium Reflect- Free vs. Windows 10 drive imaging

Macrium Reflect- Free vs. Windows 10 drive imaging: I may need to wipe my HDD to trial Neverware. I want to make sure I can get back my legal installation of Windows 10 Pro on this computer. What are my options? Built-in Win10 or something like Macrium? 46389
  6. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  7. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  8. does the free version of macrium reflect enough ?

does the free version of macrium reflect enough ?: to create an image of my ssd which contain my windows 10 all of my programs all of my data and my images etc so I can backup and restore without the need to reinstall everything or the paid home version is better ? 66978
  9. New Macrium Reflect Release Version 6.1.185 Free & Paid

New Macrium Reflect Release Version 6.1.185 Free & Paid: MR Source An award winning disk cloning and imaging solution for free. Protect your personal documents, photos, music and e-mails. Upgrade your hard disk or try new operating systems in the safe knowledge that everything is securely saved in an easily recovered backup...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect Free: Good Day All just curious if this looks right [img] the fourth section of my C: drive is all red meaning full (almost) is this normal Thanks in ADV for any info 97310

Users found this page by searching for:

1. macrium reflect free vs