Windows 10: Macrium Reflect Password/Encrypt: Yes/No?

Discus and support Macrium Reflect Password/Encrypt: Yes/No? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; In the 1 in a million (at least) chance that I get nailed for ransomware (with Norton and paid Malwarebytes running), I thought I was protected having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by markg2, Aug 2, 2018.

1. markg2 Win User

Macrium Reflect Password/Encrypt: Yes/No?

In the 1 in a million (at least) chance that I get nailed for ransomware (with Norton and paid Malwarebytes running), I thought I was protected having images stored on an external drive. But I guess you could increase those odds and say the attack came when the drive was connected and then all the images could be corrupted.

To prevent this I could opt to use the Reflect encrypt option. Time is never a problem running the backup and although it would take a lot longer to restore I could live with it if it was a matter of having/not having the data.

How do you all handle this?

I think before I get too worked up about encrypting the backup I ought get up off my a** and finally change the passwords on the DSL modem and bridged router from their factor presets!

Mark

:)

markg2, Aug 2, 2018
  2. Cliff S Win User

New Macrium Reflect Updates

Something I found interesting:
    New Feature: Automatic System Restore Macrium Software Blog

Cliff S, Aug 2, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    • Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    • Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    • click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium Reflect Password/Encrypt: Yes/No? [​IMG]
    • Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    • Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Aug 2, 2018
  4. lx07 Win User

Reflect image password protection and encryption...

I encrypt my phone and all my PCs. I also encrypt my backups.

Why? In case I lose them. Perhaps I leave them in a taxi or someone breaks into my house. Encryption means they can't get to see my address, email, bank details and the cunningly named document called "Passwords.docx" I have on my desktop.

Identity theft is a real issue and encryption should be the first step everyone takes unless they have absolutely nothing of value on their device.

For macrium I use a bitlocker encrypted volume (rather than encrypt the image itself) and have never tested the performance overhead. According to Microsoft it should be a "single digit percentage" but idk. Perhaps next time I'll get self encrypting drives but even if it took 2x as long I'd still encrypt.

lx07, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Macrium Reflect Password/Encrypt: Yes/No? - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect Password

2. Macrium Reflect FAILED

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect FAILED: Whenever I try to restore a Macrium Reflect image, it says: Macrium Reflect has encountered a serious problem: Dump file 'C:\reflectv6.1-871-x64-0.dmp was created. Please email this file to L: support@macrium.com What free image programs WORK in Windows 10? 26818
  3. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  4. Macrium Reflect Difficulties

Macrium Reflect Difficulties: Hi all I've got an issue with imaging using Macrium Reflect Free. I'm running a dual boot system using Bootcamp with Windows 7 & 10 on two primary partitions on my iMac 24. Both work perfectly but if I run Macrium Reflect on either one of the two OS's, the Windows 10...
  5. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  6. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  7. Macrium Reflect keeps asking for password?

Macrium Reflect keeps asking for password?: I had been running Reflect for a while using v6, being able to schedule backups without having to enter a password but then I (foolishly?) updated my Windows 10 to the Anniversary build. Now, whenever I try to schedule a backup it keeps saying either my login or password is...
  8. Macrium Reflect Disaster

Macrium Reflect Disaster: W10 Pro, 16GB RAM, 480Gb SSD Macrium Reflect Free v. 6.3.1835.0, attempting to image drive C:\. After several hours, image failed to complete. System would not reboot in any way, not from CD/DVD drive, Flash drive etc., Ubuntu.. Data on C and other HD OK. Attempt to...
  9. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........
  10. Macrium Reflect errors.

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect errors.: Okay so I booted up my computer today and looked in the event log and noticed some errors from Macrium Reflect . Event ID 7000. The MacriumService service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. macrium encrypt

2. macrium reflect protect mrimg

3. macrium reflect encrypt

4. macrium reflect encrypt mrimg,
  5. macrium reflect password