Windows 10: Macrium Reflect PE Environment cannot detect Bitlocker Drives

Discus and support Macrium Reflect PE Environment cannot detect Bitlocker Drives in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have created a bootable USB using Macrium Reflect 7.1 (Free version) with the options checked for bitlocker encrypted drives to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ocman76, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Ocman76 Win User

Macrium Reflect PE Environment cannot detect Bitlocker Drives

Hello,

I have created a bootable USB using Macrium Reflect 7.1 (Free version) with the options checked for bitlocker encrypted drives to automatically unlock. My pc has the following drives:
    1 M.2 drive (OS) (encrypted)
    2 1TB HDD's in RAID1 (encrypted)
    1 750GB HDD (not encrypted)
    1 external HDD (encrypted)

In the PE environment only my OS drive is visible. I cant even see the unencrypted 750GB HDD for some reason. If I run a command prompt and "manage-BDE" it shows only my OS drive, and some drive "E" which is apparently encrypted but does not have a listed size.

I normally store my system backup images on some of these drives which are inaccessible. Why are they not visible in the PE environment?

:)

Ocman76, Jan 17, 2018
  2. denmarfl Win User

Cloning a SSD Drive

Want to Clone my Win10 Home 64bit HDD to a SSD Drive. I did this with a previous Win7 HDD and used the Free Version of Macrium Reflect Version 5.x...and it was easy and simple to install and the cloning process was easy to follow.

I tried to install that same Reflect Version on my Win10 PC and got you are attempting to install a 32bit version of the software on a 64bit OS....so I did not proceed, not even sure it would have installed.

I went to the Macrium Site to look for the 64bit Free Download, it showed version 6.x. I downloaded that version; the site did not show a selection for 32bit...or 64bit.

When I started the Install of Reflect 6.x it showed the following downloads 1) Reflect Installer 2) PE Components.

Seems what you download from the Macrium site is not the Cloning software....its a Starter app to download the Reflect software and install it.

I did not proceed, I know nothing about what is meant by PE Components. I also would not be using this software for any type of Backup and Restore....that is why Macrium 5.x was nice to use.....you were not, or at least I thought I was not downloading and
    installing Components that I would never use.

Did not see an option to customize install....and not knowing what PE Components is\Does....and that all I wanted to do was Clone my Win10 Home 64 Bit GDD to a SDD Drive....and nothing more I have not proceeded to Install Reflect Cloning Software.

Do I just Install Reflect with the PE Components....I don't Think?? I need? What are the PE Components (I always feel if I don't know what something is I probably have no use for it).

Is there a better Free Download Cloning Software that won't install stuff I will never use and is as easy to perform the Cloning process as was Reflect ver5?

denmarfl, Jan 17, 2018
  3. johnptd Win User
    Blue Screen Error 'PC/device needs to be repaired file:/BCD error code:0xc000000d'

Brittany,

I just fixed an error like that on a Dell Inspiron yesterday. The best and easiest tool for fixing this is to use Macrium Reflect's Rescue Media. It has a "Fix Windows Boot Problems" option. This is what you have to do:

1. Download the "free" version of Macrium Reflect from here:

Download Macrium Reflect Free

2. Install it on a working computer and create the Rescue Media (Create Rescue Media). Make sure you set it to use
    Windows PE version 10. If it has not picked that, click the "Change PE Version" and select PE version 10. You can create the Rescue Media on either a CD or a USB Flash drive although a USB Flash drive would be better and you
    only need a minimum of a 1GB drive.

3. Once the Rescue Media is created, you need to start your problem laptop with the Rescue Media connected to it and change where you are booting from. As soon as you press the power button on the laptop, continually press the "F12" key.
    This will allow you to access the Boot Options screen to modify from where your laptop will boot. It should eventually give you a list of devices to boot from. Select the USB Flash drive which contains the Rescue Media. Use the keyboard arrow keys to get to
    the correct line and then {Enter} to select it. Once selected, it should then boot into Macrium Reflect running off the USB drive.

4. Follow the instructions on this page (How to fix Windows Boot problems) to perform the repair.

Good luck,

JohnD

johnptd, Jan 17, 2018
  4. Macrium Reflect PE Environment cannot detect Bitlocker Drives

Josey Wales, Jan 17, 2018
  5. Ocman76 Win User
    Yes I have already been to that page. In my post I stated that I have already checked the appropriate boxes to include bitlocker in the PE environment. The issue is I can't even access the drives. If I can't access the drives I cannot unlock them.

Ocman76, Jan 17, 2018
  6. Does it detect the external drive? Is your 750GB drive connected to the RAID controller?

My suspicion is that Macrium doesn't have drivers for the RAID controller. This should have nothing to do with BitLocker.

PolarNettles, Jan 17, 2018
  7. That is not all that is at that link.

Josey Wales, Jan 17, 2018
  8. Ocman76 Win User

It also discusses saving .bek keys so that drives can be unlocked. If the drives don't exist in the PE environment how can they be unlocked? I don't mean to appear rude but am I missing something?

Ocman76, Jan 17, 2018
  9. Ocman76 Win User
    It does not detect my external drive. How would I be able to tell if my 750GB HDD is connected to the raid controller? It is listed as "LEGACY" when viewed in the RAID Bios.

Ocman76, Jan 17, 2018
  10. From the AB350M manual it looks like all your SATA ports are connected to the RAID controller.

Unfortunately, from an old help page it looks like you might not be able to install RAID drivers with the free version. But I can't find any similar documentation for the current version. Do you see anything like step 3 in Create a Windows PE Rescue Environment ?

11. Ocman76 Win User
    Ocman76, Jan 17, 2018
  12. Sure looks like the RAID driver is there.

Just to confirm, how are you determining that Macrium can't detect your drive?
    Do you get any error messages if you click on Restore->View Unsupported Devices?

Try putting Alternative to device manager of Windows onto your PE drive (just extract it to the root of the drive). When when you boot from the USB you can open an command prompt to your USB drive and run DevManView.exe to see what devices are present. Make sure your RAID controller is there and check if your hard drives are there as well.

Macrium Reflect PE Environment cannot detect Bitlocker Drives [​IMG]

13. Ocman76 Win User

Sorry I took so long to respond, busy with some other stuff right now.

I get a message saying no devices are unsupported.

The reason I think Macrium cant detect some of my drives is that it wont let me open them to load system images. Normally my PC shows these drives:

I just tried entering the PE environment again and for some reason my external hard drive is now showing up! I am not sure what changed but here are the drives accessible:

However notice my RAID drives, and my 750GB HDD are not visible?

I looked for the RAID controller, is this it?

Ocman76, Jan 19, 2018
  14. It looks like the RAID controller is there. Do you see all your hard drives there also?

PolarNettles, Jan 19, 2018
  15. Hi, have you tried to create and use a custom WinPe boot.wim file from build version 1703 and above? Macrium uses build version 1607 and those aren't able to see beyond the partition the OS resides on. I manually created one from build version 1703 and confirm that this works for seeing multiple drives and partitions from the flash drive. If you would like a copy I can try to zip it up for you and upload it, assuming the website here allows for it.

titetanium, Jan 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Macrium Reflect PE Environment cannot detect Bitlocker Drives - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect Environment

2. AOMEI vs Macrium Reflect with BitLocker Encrypted drives

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    AOMEI vs Macrium Reflect with BitLocker Encrypted drives: Recently, I came across what I believe to be an unfortunate design limitation of AOMEI Backupper that seals the deal (IMHO) that Macrium overall is truly is the way to go. Out of curiosity, I recently decided to use AOMEI to backup my Win10 Pro BitLocker encrypted drive (for...
  3. Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?

Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?: I been using Macrium Reflect Free for a few weeks now and it already saved me from reinstalling Windows three times already. I want to know for backup images is it better to get a dedicated external drive for image backups or just to use an internal drive like I am using now....
  4. Macrium Reflect and SSD drive

Macrium Reflect and SSD drive: I want to add a SSD Drive SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-7KE256BW to my computer. I have done a system image of my WD drive,will I be able to install the image to the SSD drive? The WD drive has a partition on it that is...
  5. Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free

Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free: A couple of days ago Macrium was working just fine but then when it started it's daily backup of my system drive (incremental) it failed pretty well straight away, with this message: Starting Image - Friday, January 20, 2017 15:05:10 Initializing Destination Drive:...
  6. Macrium Reflect Windows PE files update?

Macrium Reflect Windows PE files update?: Hi All, I have the free Macrium Reflect 6 program, which recently updated to 6.1.879. When I try to make a USB rescue media, it says that an update has been found for my Windows PE files??? How do I update that? The program itself is up to date. [img] 27403
  7. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  8. Macrium Reflect - Issue Unlocking BitLockered Drive From Rescue Media

Macrium Reflect - Issue Unlocking BitLockered Drive From Rescue Media: Got Macrium Refect Free 6.3.1835 running well on Windows 10. Except when booting from Macrium rescue media, I cannot unlock my C: drive. My setup has a Bitlockered C: drive on a Samsung EVO 850 SSD, and my backup images are on E:, a portable BitLocker To Go USB3 HDD. My...
  9. cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect

cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect: I am wanting to clone my hard drive and put it on another computer. I think I get it cloned on a external hd. I have made a boot cd. Now here is my problem I don't know how to get it to transfer to the new hd on the new computer. The cd ask wish image to tranfer but there is...
  10. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........