Windows 10: Macrium Reflect Rapid Delta Restore

Discus and support Macrium Reflect Rapid Delta Restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Just done an interesting test comparing MR V7 versus V6. New feature of V7 is it compares source and target and only restores files missing or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by cereberus, Mar 22, 2017.

1. cereberus Win User

Macrium Reflect Rapid Delta Restore

Just done an interesting test comparing MR V7 versus V6.

New feature of V7 is it compares source and target and only restores files missing or changed (I assume it deletes ones in target not in source - have not yet tested that).

So I initially created a Macrium image of 3.82 GB files in 5GB VHD, and did following restores. I rebooted between each restore to ensure no files were cached.

1) V7 - restored - 218 seconds

2) V7 - rebooted, restored again - 15 secs (found nothing to restored but still updated mbr etc.)

3) V7 rebooted, deleted 0.52 GB (3.30 GB left), then restored 40 secs (RDR)restored all files, then rebooted to another W10 install with V6

4) V6 - restored image again (over old image) - 230 seconds

5) V6 rebooted , deleted same files, then restored - 230 seconds (no RDR)

As you can see

a) v7 seems to be slightly faster for full restore (step 1 and 4)

b) If you restore over image where all files same, V7 does not change anything but does update mbr etc. as in step 2. V6 does a full restore - step 4.

c) If you restore with v7 where some files have been deleted (step 3), v7 only restores delete files (Rapid Delta Restore - here took only 40 seconds for roughly 1/8 of files. V6 does a full restore (step 5).

Conclusion: V7 and RDR is awesome. Does any other well known imaging tool even come close!

EDIT: I have just discovered RDR was in the paid version of V6 as well. I was comparing apples and oranges as V6 Free does not have RDR. Whether V7 Free will have it remains to be seen. Nonetheless, RDR is great, and IMO this is a significant differentiator (incremental images were also but to a lesser degree).

:)

cereberus, Mar 22, 2017
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 22, 2017
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 22, 2017
  4. Macrium Reflect Rapid Delta Restore

Macrium Reflect 7.0.2089 is fantastic. I would never use anything else.

Josey Wales, Mar 22, 2017
Thema:

Macrium Reflect Rapid Delta Restore

1. Macrium Reflect Rapid Delta Restore - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect Rapid

2. rapid delta restore - malware

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    rapid delta restore - malware: will the rapid delta restore of macrium reflect also remove malware when you have an image w/o malware? 151852
  3. Macrium reflect system restore function?

Macrium reflect system restore function?: Hi I was wondering does macrium reflect have a system restore like function? I'm asking since I think I remember someone saying it had a similar function without having to backup a full image? 111698
  4. Macrium Reflect Restore Error

Macrium Reflect Restore Error: When trying to restore an image of Macrium Reflect I received this error "The handle is invalid" Restore Failed 22 and Read Failed invalid argument 32. I did a Google search on both errors and did not find much. On one thread someone suggested to move the image file to a...
  5. Macrium Reflect restore over corrupt drive?

Macrium Reflect restore over corrupt drive?: This morning I had a computer crash . Somehow it got stuck on an upgrade . I Booted into system restore and tried to restore to earlier date. Error message came up indicating I had drive issues so I continued with the offer to scan and repair the drive. After drive was...
  6. Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable

Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable: Good day, I bought a new desktop (Lenovo Gaming IdeaCentre Computer, Y710 Cube-15). It comes with a pitiful 100 GB SSD + 1 TB HD. My existing desktop has a 460GB SSD + 3 TB HD. I'd like to move my existing SSD + HD over to the new Lenovo desktop. It seems that this could...
  7. Screwed up BCD and Rapid Delta Restore from Macrium Reflect Free

Screwed up BCD and Rapid Delta Restore from Macrium Reflect Free: Yesterday, I was using easybcd to modify my bcd boot entries, and it glitched badly, adding loads of boot entries for usb drives etc. plus old boot entries I had previously go rid off - obviously I had corrupted the bcd somehow., picking up old data which had not been fully...
  8. Macrium Reflect & backups & restore

Macrium Reflect & backups & restore: I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist, so you're not getting a...
  9. Macrium Reflect Home Rapid Delta Restore

Macrium Reflect Home Rapid Delta Restore: Well oday, my pc upated from 10563.13 to latest sub build and I was got 3 BSODS in less than an hour - the page fault in nonpaged area one - always a nightmare to sort. So I decided to restore an image I took a few days ago. I was amazed - it reverted me to 10563.0 in...
  10. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: Hello Everybody, I don't understand this line. (see screenshot. I'm going to use O: as my USB drive. So do I create O:\WinPE\rescue\media? Don Cole [img] 106524