Windows 10: macrium reflect relocated sector count

Discus and support macrium reflect relocated sector count in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have a disc with 20010 (hex) relocated sector counts (read via crystaldiskinfo) What happens if I take an image with macrium reflect and restore the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by louis14, Apr 22, 2016.

1. louis14 Win User

macrium reflect relocated sector count

I have a disc with 20010 (hex) relocated sector counts (read via crystaldiskinfo)
    What happens if I take an image with macrium reflect and restore the image on a new disk: will the relocated sector count exist again on the new disk?

:)

louis14, Apr 22, 2016

2. HDD to SDD OS transfer

I am trying to clone (or even image) my 1TB-HDD to a Kingston 120GB-SDD. Space is not issue as I'm only using 70GB on the HDD. My problem is sector size. My HDD sectors are 512 (not 512e) and the SDD sectors are 4096. I'm also unable to use my system image/backup
    because it is on a HDD with the same sector size (512). I've tried a number of cloning programs, including Macrium Reflect, with no success. Is there a way around this?

CharlesReeps, Apr 22, 2016
  3. administrator account

If this happened to me, I'd restore from the latest full system backup I've made. It's saved my bacon more times than I can count. I use the free version of Macrium Reflect, but there are many others.

Hula_Baloo, Apr 22, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

No it will not. It's a function of disk's firmware.
    Relocated sectors are sectors firmware deemed about to fail and data from them is moved by firmware to a spare portion of disk. It could happen to HDDs and SSDs alike.

CountMike, Apr 22, 2016
Thema:

1. macrium reflect relocated sector count - Similar Threads - macrium reflect relocated

2. Macrium reflect. Disk cloning. Incompatible sector size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Macrium reflect. Disk cloning. Incompatible sector size: [ATTACH] Got an SSD as a gift. Now I'm trying to clone my Win10 from my old HDD to the SSD with Macrium Refelect but this happened. Any work around for this? Or any other cloning software I can use? Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks! ^^...
  3. Macrium Reflect claims bad sector(s), Windows 10 says no bad sectors

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect claims bad sector(s), Windows 10 says no bad sectors: (For background, I ran a Macrium Reflect image backup on December 22, 2019 and it worked) So I ran a new Macrium Reflect (free home version) image backup a short while ago, and it failed at the end; I got the "Macrium backup aborted unable to read from disk error code 23"...
  4. Macrium Reflect FAILED

Macrium Reflect FAILED: Whenever I try to restore a Macrium Reflect image, it says: Macrium Reflect has encountered a serious problem: Dump file 'C:\reflectv6.1-871-x64-0.dmp was created. Please email this file to L: support@macrium.com What free image programs WORK in Windows 10? 26818
  5. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  6. Macrium Reflect Difficulties

Macrium Reflect Difficulties: Hi all I've got an issue with imaging using Macrium Reflect Free. I'm running a dual boot system using Bootcamp with Windows 7 & 10 on two primary partitions on my iMac 24. Both work perfectly but if I run Macrium Reflect on either one of the two OS's, the Windows 10...
  7. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  8. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  9. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........
  10. Macrium Reflect errors.

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect errors.: Okay so I booted up my computer today and looked in the event log and noticed some errors from Macrium Reflect . Event ID 7000. The MacriumService service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely...