Windows 10: Macrium reflect rescue usb problem

Discus and support Macrium reflect rescue usb problem in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Though this belongs to Win 7 32 bit but I think people here may have answer to my problem. I created a Macrium USB pen drive (fat 16 formatted) but PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by sam9, Oct 28, 2015.

1. sam9 Win User

Macrium reflect rescue usb problem

Though this belongs to Win 7 32 bit but I think people here may have answer to my problem. I created a Macrium USB pen drive (fat 16 formatted) but PC is not booting this pen drive and error comes up - operating system missing). PC first boot device is my pen drive.

:)

2. johnptd Win User

Blue Screen Error 'PC/device needs to be repaired file:/BCD error code:0xc000000d'

Brittany,

I just fixed an error like that on a Dell Inspiron yesterday. The best and easiest tool for fixing this is to use Macrium Reflect's Rescue Media. It has a "Fix Windows Boot Problems" option. This is what you have to do:

1. Download the "free" version of Macrium Reflect from here:

Download Macrium Reflect Free

2. Install it on a working computer and create the Rescue Media (Create Rescue Media). Make sure you set it to use
    Windows PE version 10. If it has not picked that, click the "Change PE Version" and select PE version 10. You can create the Rescue Media on either a CD or a USB Flash drive although a USB Flash drive would be better and you
    only need a minimum of a 1GB drive.

3. Once the Rescue Media is created, you need to start your problem laptop with the Rescue Media connected to it and change where you are booting from. As soon as you press the power button on the laptop, continually press the "F12" key.
    This will allow you to access the Boot Options screen to modify from where your laptop will boot. It should eventually give you a list of devices to boot from. Select the USB Flash drive which contains the Rescue Media. Use the keyboard arrow keys to get to
    the correct line and then {Enter} to select it. Once selected, it should then boot into Macrium Reflect running off the USB drive.

4. Follow the instructions on this page (How to fix Windows Boot problems) to perform the repair.

Good luck,

JohnD

johnptd, Oct 28, 2015
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    Total Back-up

The type of backup you are talking about is generally known as an 'Image copy" backup. The idea is you take a "snapshot", or image, of your current computer setup. That way, if there is a problem you can use the backup program to restore your computer
    from this backup to a "known good point". You save this backup to an external drive, is USB drive or (in the past, no so much anymore) burn it to DVD-R disks.

There are a number of paid and free backup tools. Macrium is one of the free one (I have used it in the past).

MACRIUM REFLECT BACKUP

2017 09 05
    https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/7363/macrium-re...

https://reflect.macrium.com/webtutorial/How_to_...

http://reflect.macrium.com/help/v5/how_to/rescu... - Create Rescue disk

Rohn007, Oct 28, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Format with FAT32 and try again.

topgundcp, Oct 28, 2015
  5. sam9 Win User
    Sorry, I wrongly mentioned fat16. It is fat32.

6. topgundcp Win User
    What version of Win PE did you use to build the Rescue disk ? . Try version 4 for Win 7.

topgundcp, Oct 28, 2015
  7. sam9 Win User
    Macrium default ticked version 3 suggesting this is the best for win 7.

8. Macrium reflect rescue usb problem

If you put your USB drive in, then boot up and go into your BIOS, then press F8 (it might be different on your pc) to go into boot options. Does the options show your USB drive?

Cornishman, Oct 28, 2015
  9. Cornishman, Oct 28, 2015
  10. sam9 Win User
    Yes this shows my USB drive and is also first choice

11. sam9 Win User
    I checked the page but did not get the answer. Mine is MBR. I am having the latest version of Macrium. I will try the suggestion of topgundcp tomorrow (as there is some problem in my net today) and see if it works.

12. Gary Win User
    I had the same problem, so I just made a Rescue DVD.

13. sam9 Win User

14. sam9 Win User
    I took your hint, uninstalled 6.1.887 and installed 5.1.5603, made rescue USB and wow it is booting, though so far I did not try backup or restore. Some confusion-- in PC it is showing, 5.1.5603 but while booting with USB when the macrium window starts to open, it shows version 6 build 887. I only downloaded ver 5 and did not downloaded PE again. The other problem is after booting with USB, there is power button on lower left side but it does not shut down, it only restart the PC then how to take out USB. I just pulled the USB when it was restarting.

15. sam9 Win User
    I tried your suggestion and USB is booting now. And as I said in the earlier post that making rescue USB with ver 5 also worked. But again the power button in rescue USB is not shutting down the PC but only restarting so how to take out USB so that it does not get damaged.

Thema:

1. Macrium reflect rescue usb problem - Similar Threads - Macrium reflect rescue

2. Issue with USB and Macrium reflect rescue media

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Issue with USB and Macrium reflect rescue media: I am trying to use some old USB drives for rescue media, but whether it is because they are usb 2.0 or some other reason, two of them so far do not work. When I try to boot to the media, it says "No OS found" or "operating system missing" (I can't remember the exact wording...
  3. Problem creating a Macrium Reflect Windows PE rescue USB

Problem creating a Macrium Reflect Windows PE rescue USB: I have a Problem creating a Macrium Reflect Windows PE rescue USB, From MR website all versions allow this except for the free version, so I should be able to do this. But cant see an option to include Redeploy. WHen I boot up with the USB and select redeploy it says I should...
  4. Problem creating a Macrium Reflect Windows PE rescue USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem creating a Macrium Reflect Windows PE rescue USB: I have a Problem creating a Macrium Reflect Windows PE rescue USB, From MR website all versions allow this except for the free version, so I should be able to do this. But cant see an option to include Redeploy. WHen I boot up with the USB and select redeploy it says I should...
  5. Macrium Reflect /rescue media

Macrium Reflect /rescue media: Hi, Do I have to create a new rescue media (USB) for every Windows 10 machines I have, or is the first I created valid for all the others? 112784
  6. Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: Hi, I recently created a rescue media as I wanted to backup Windows 10 Fall creators update. After creating the rescue media to pen drive i backed up the partion of windows drive. What I noticed later that all my internal drives are now are removable or ejectable....
  7. Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: Hi i have a desktop PC with Windows 10 home. i have created the Macrium Reflect rescue media on USB. ( I have used it to restore images and works fine ). i have a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 Pro, i have created an image of the disc using Macrium Reflect and saved it...
  8. Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive failure

Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive failure: Macrium rescue USB stick doesn't find the Precision Touchpad, rescue media loads without the cursor, I can not use the CD as my laptop doesn't have the DVD drive, any help is much appreciated. 68296
  9. Problems creating a rescue media for Macrium Reflect

Problems creating a rescue media for Macrium Reflect: Hello again, On creating a USB rescue media the following error message popped up: The USB disk contains the maximum number of partitions allowed. Please try a different USB disk or remove partitions. The USB stick I wanted for the rescue media is a 16 GB Lexar and...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free usb rescue media and wifi driver

Macrium Reflect Free usb rescue media and wifi driver: Hi, I'm trying last Macrium Reflect Free 64-bit UEFI version (6.3 build 1835), and it's working great. Only thing I'd like to know, if there are some license restrictions on free version, to the wifi drivers using usb rescue media. When I build the usb rescue media,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. macrium reflect 7 restore usb problem