Windows 10: Macrium Reflect Restore Error

Discus and support Macrium Reflect Restore Error in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; When trying to restore an image of Macrium Reflect I received this error "The handle is invalid" Restore Failed 22 and Read Failed invalid argument 32.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by TrustMe, Apr 20, 2017.

1. TrustMe Win User

Macrium Reflect Restore Error

When trying to restore an image of Macrium Reflect I received this error "The handle is invalid" Restore Failed 22 and Read Failed invalid argument 32. I did a Google search on both errors and did not find much. On one thread someone suggested to move the image file to a different location. I placed the image on a different portable drive and received the same error messages. I also checked the integrity of the image and it was good.

I ended up doing a clean install. After setting everything up the way I like, I backed up the drive again with Macrium Reflect. I received the same errors when trying to restore. Does anyone know what might be causing these error messages?

:)

TrustMe, Apr 20, 2017
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 20, 2017
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 20, 2017
  4. Macrium Reflect Restore Error

When you image a drive using MR it should state that it was OK and a good back up. I have never had a back up that was successful fail.

Maybe they can help you here:

Macrium Support Forum

Josey Wales, Apr 21, 2017
  5. TrustMe Win User
    It did state "The operation completed successful" Thanks for the link.

TrustMe, Apr 21, 2017
  6. RolandJS Win User
    TrustMe, as an MR user on a weekly basis, how was the situation resolved? I'm wanting to learn from your experience.

RolandJS, Apr 21, 2017
  7. TrustMe Win User
    Hi RolandJS, after the clean install and MR failing a second time, I decided to try Aomei Backupper. It worked beautiful so I'm going to stick with that for now. What bothers me is I have four or five MR images for friends and relatives. I hope MR does not fail me if I need to restore one of those images.

TrustMe, Apr 21, 2017
  8. Macrium Reflect Restore Error

I would trust anything on MR. It has never failed me. I however do use the paid version and the free 7.0 version just came out. So it may still have bugs.

Josey Wales, Apr 21, 2017
  9. Phone Man Win User
    Phone Man, Apr 21, 2017
  10. TrustMe Win User
    Hi Josey, I was using the free version of MR. I don't know if that makes any difference. There must be something about my desktop MR doesn't like. When I get some free time I'm going try restoring an image to my laptop. I'll report back if anyone is interested.

TrustMe, Apr 22, 2017
  11. TrustMe Win User
    Thanks Jim for the link. It's not that the computer will not boot after the restore, I get the error messages at the 2% mark while it's being restored. I get a message that the restore failed and can not go any further. The only thing left to do at that point is reinstall Windows. It happen both times (not the same image). I'm thinking there must be something about the desktop MR doesn't like. I don't know what it could be. I could see it failing once but when you do a clean install, create an image of the hard drive, and it fails a second time at the exact same spot and the exact message, something is up. It could be me but I'm just using all the default settings after the install. The only thing I do is place a check mark next to the box to check the image right after it's created.

TrustMe, Apr 22, 2017
  12. RolandJS Win User
    TrustMe, is it possible MR encountered one bad sector? I'm wondering if AOMEI restore will encounter same bad sector? I'm still learning from you *Smile

RolandJS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Macrium Reflect Restore Error

1. Macrium Reflect Restore Error - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect Restore

2. Macrium reflect system restore function?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium reflect system restore function?: Hi I was wondering does macrium reflect have a system restore like function? I'm asking since I think I remember someone saying it had a similar function without having to backup a full image? 111698
  3. Macrium Reflect Rapid Delta Restore

Macrium Reflect Rapid Delta Restore: Just done an interesting test comparing MR V7 versus V6. New feature of V7 is it compares source and target and only restores files missing or changed (I assume it deletes ones in target not in source - have not yet tested that). So I initially created a Macrium image...
  4. Macrium Reflect restore over corrupt drive?

Macrium Reflect restore over corrupt drive?: This morning I had a computer crash . Somehow it got stuck on an upgrade . I Booted into system restore and tried to restore to earlier date. Error message came up indicating I had drive issues so I continued with the offer to scan and repair the drive. After drive was...
  5. Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable

Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable: Good day, I bought a new desktop (Lenovo Gaming IdeaCentre Computer, Y710 Cube-15). It comes with a pitiful 100 GB SSD + 1 TB HD. My existing desktop has a 460GB SSD + 3 TB HD. I'd like to move my existing SSD + HD over to the new Lenovo desktop. It seems that this could...
  6. Macrium Reflect & backups & restore

Macrium Reflect & backups & restore: I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist, so you're not getting a...
  7. Macrium Reflect error help?

Macrium Reflect error help?: Hi All, I have the latest free version of Macrium Reflect. I think that I can only get support from the Macrium site with the full paid version. Since the big Windows 10 update last week, I seem to be getting errors in the backup logs. I have checked the Macruim backup...
  8. Macrium Reflect Home Rapid Delta Restore

Macrium Reflect Home Rapid Delta Restore: Well oday, my pc upated from 10563.13 to latest sub build and I was got 3 BSODS in less than an hour - the page fault in nonpaged area one - always a nightmare to sort. So I decided to restore an image I took a few days ago. I was amazed - it reverted me to 10563.0 in...
  9. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: Hello Everybody, I don't understand this line. (see screenshot. I'm going to use O: as my USB drive. So do I create O:\WinPE\rescue\media? Don Cole [img] 106524
  10. Macrium Reflect errors.

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect errors.: Okay so I booted up my computer today and looked in the event log and noticed some errors from Macrium Reflect . Event ID 7000. The MacriumService service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely...