Windows 10: Macrium Reflect restore over corrupt drive?

Discus and support Macrium Reflect restore over corrupt drive? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Dont understand about making the thumb drive partition active. Isnt this the normal mode? Re Rufus : Should I use the Partition scheme for BIOS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by sportflyer, Feb 13, 2016.

1. OldMike65 Win User

Macrium Reflect restore over corrupt drive?

If the empty usb is fat32, its active. Really don't need to use rufus. Just mount, than copy all files to USB.

But.....try those settings I showed in rufus. BUT do not check the create bootable disk!!!! Mine is also GPT and I have no problems. You could try it either way if you want. Bottom line if you make a mistake, its easy to fix. *Smile

OldMike65, Feb 14, 2016
  2. WHS
    whs Win User

He has a corrupted disk. How do you think that will get fixed in your scheme.

3. Now I am confused. When I unchecked the Create bootable disk button , all it did was create 2 files... icon and auto run but no image files.
    Do I now mount and copy ? I thought Rufus does it all in one pass?

When I tried it previously with the create bootable disk button checked the winpE files were also created but I did not see the autorun folder.

sportflyer, Feb 14, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

The boot files are already in the Recovery PE that you downloaded, that's why I said don't check that box. But, if rufus didn't copy those files correctly, then try checking the box. You got options, so don't worry about it just yet.
    Easiest way still is to MOUNT the ISO image by right clicking on the ISO and choose the Mount option. Then tag all the files, and just copy them unto your USB stick, then Try booting the USB stick, to make sure it works ok. For my computer I have to hit my F9 key to see my choices for boot option, after I choose to restart computer.

OldMike65, Feb 14, 2016
  5. I will try both ways and advise . Tks

sportflyer, Feb 14, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Ok I'll look for your results *Smile

OldMike65, Feb 14, 2016
  7. I used the copy method to prepare the bootable USB drive.

I tested it by rebooting from within windows 10 choosing the USB drive and I was able to get to log in page , signed in and every works. I assume this is the same as booting from start .

What screen will I expect to see if I had a corrupted C drive ?

sportflyer, Feb 14, 2016
  8. OldMike65 Win User

Well that's is good news, see that worked better than Rufus!!!

On 2nd question:
    In Windows, open an elevated command prompt (Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin) and type
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your system should require a reboot to run this after you enter the above command. Then just read the screen as it boots and runs. *Smile

OldMike65, Feb 14, 2016
  9. WHS
    whs Win User
    That's what we said all along. Do you think we are kidding around here, LOL.

10. OldMike65 Win User
    hehehe *Thumbs

OldMike65, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Macrium Reflect restore over corrupt drive? - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect restore

2. Macrium reflect system restore function?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium reflect system restore function?: Hi I was wondering does macrium reflect have a system restore like function? I'm asking since I think I remember someone saying it had a similar function without having to backup a full image? 111698
  3. Macrium reflect system restore like function?

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium reflect system restore like function?: Hi I was wondering does macrium reflect have a system restore like function? I'm asking since I think I remember someone saying it had a similar function without having to backup a full image? 111698
  4. Macrium Reflect Restore Error

Macrium Reflect Restore Error: When trying to restore an image of Macrium Reflect I received this error "The handle is invalid" Restore Failed 22 and Read Failed invalid argument 32. I did a Google search on both errors and did not find much. On one thread someone suggested to move the image file to a...
  5. Macrium Reflect Rapid Delta Restore

Macrium Reflect Rapid Delta Restore: Just done an interesting test comparing MR V7 versus V6. New feature of V7 is it compares source and target and only restores files missing or changed (I assume it deletes ones in target not in source - have not yet tested that). So I initially created a Macrium image...
  6. Macrium Reflect and SSD drive

Macrium Reflect and SSD drive: I want to add a SSD Drive SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-7KE256BW to my computer. I have done a system image of my WD drive,will I be able to install the image to the SSD drive? The WD drive has a partition on it that is...
  7. Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable

Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable: Good day, I bought a new desktop (Lenovo Gaming IdeaCentre Computer, Y710 Cube-15). It comes with a pitiful 100 GB SSD + 1 TB HD. My existing desktop has a 460GB SSD + 3 TB HD. I'd like to move my existing SSD + HD over to the new Lenovo desktop. It seems that this could...
  8. Macrium Reflect & backups & restore

Macrium Reflect & backups & restore: I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist, so you're not getting a...
  9. Macrium Reflect Home Rapid Delta Restore

Macrium Reflect Home Rapid Delta Restore: Well oday, my pc upated from 10563.13 to latest sub build and I was got 3 BSODS in less than an hour - the page fault in nonpaged area one - always a nightmare to sort. So I decided to restore an image I took a few days ago. I was amazed - it reverted me to 10563.0 in...
  10. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: Hello Everybody, I don't understand this line. (see screenshot. I'm going to use O: as my USB drive. So do I create O:\WinPE\rescue\media? Don Cole [img] 106524