Windows 10: Macrium Reflect Restore procedure

Discus and support Macrium Reflect Restore procedure in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Macrium Reflect Free Edition v7.3.5550 I have recently changed my backup strategy from (a) creating only Full images to (b) creating one Full image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by wiganken, Feb 5, 2021.

1. wiganken Win User

Macrium Reflect Restore procedure

Macrium Reflect Free Edition v7.3.5550

I have recently changed my backup strategy from (a) creating only Full images to (b) creating one Full image followed by Differential images and retaining only one image of each.

With method (a) it was easy to restore the Full image because there was only the one image to choose from.

With method (b) there are two images to choose from and I have never had to use this method yet so what is the restore procedure please?

I suspect that I select the Diff image for restoring, which (I hope) will automatically cause the Full image to restore first followed by the Diff image to bring the system up-to-date. Or should I select the Full image for restoring, which will automatically include the Diff image in the restore process? Or is it a two-stage manual process whereby I restore the Full image first and then restore again using the Diff image?

Thanks for help in this

:)

wiganken, Feb 5, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium Reflect Restore procedure [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Cliff S Win User
    New Macrium Reflect Updates

Something I found interesting:
    New Feature: Automatic System Restore Macrium Software Blog

Cliff S, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Macrium Reflect Restore procedure

Is my sequence correct for Booting from Macrium Reflect and Restoring

I have a Macrium Reflect image of my current Win 10 machine on an external HDD. I have a new custom build. I just want to make sure I do things in the correct sequence.

Use the USB flash drive I made to boot a new machine.
    Then navigate to the external HDD and open the Macrium Reflect image and click Restore.

Am I missing a step or procedure?

Also, I plan to give my current machine to my grandson, but I'm wondering about the license key for the Win 10, since I plan to load the same one I have now with the restoration process. Do I need to buy a new license for my old machine, or will the Win 10 still work?

Thanks for the help,

TRS

therealsimpsons, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Macrium Reflect Restore procedure

1. Macrium Reflect Restore procedure - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect Restore

2. Macrium reflect system restore function?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium reflect system restore function?: Hi I was wondering does macrium reflect have a system restore like function? I'm asking since I think I remember someone saying it had a similar function without having to backup a full image? 111698
  3. Macrium reflect system restore like function?

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium reflect system restore like function?: Hi I was wondering does macrium reflect have a system restore like function? I'm asking since I think I remember someone saying it had a similar function without having to backup a full image? 111698
  4. Macrium Reflect Restore Error

Macrium Reflect Restore Error: When trying to restore an image of Macrium Reflect I received this error "The handle is invalid" Restore Failed 22 and Read Failed invalid argument 32. I did a Google search on both errors and did not find much. On one thread someone suggested to move the image file to a...
  5. Macrium Reflect Rapid Delta Restore

Macrium Reflect Rapid Delta Restore: Just done an interesting test comparing MR V7 versus V6. New feature of V7 is it compares source and target and only restores files missing or changed (I assume it deletes ones in target not in source - have not yet tested that). So I initially created a Macrium image...
  6. Macrium Reflect restore over corrupt drive?

Macrium Reflect restore over corrupt drive?: This morning I had a computer crash . Somehow it got stuck on an upgrade . I Booted into system restore and tried to restore to earlier date. Error message came up indicating I had drive issues so I continued with the offer to scan and repair the drive. After drive was...
  7. Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable

Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable: Good day, I bought a new desktop (Lenovo Gaming IdeaCentre Computer, Y710 Cube-15). It comes with a pitiful 100 GB SSD + 1 TB HD. My existing desktop has a 460GB SSD + 3 TB HD. I'd like to move my existing SSD + HD over to the new Lenovo desktop. It seems that this could...
  8. Macrium Reflect & backups & restore

Macrium Reflect & backups & restore: I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist, so you're not getting a...
  9. Macrium Reflect Home Rapid Delta Restore

Macrium Reflect Home Rapid Delta Restore: Well oday, my pc upated from 10563.13 to latest sub build and I was got 3 BSODS in less than an hour - the page fault in nonpaged area one - always a nightmare to sort. So I decided to restore an image I took a few days ago. I was amazed - it reverted me to 10563.0 in...
  10. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: Hello Everybody, I don't understand this line. (see screenshot. I'm going to use O: as my USB drive. So do I create O:\WinPE\rescue\media? Don Cole [img] 106524