Windows 10: Macrium Reflect restores Recycle.Bin

Discus and support Macrium Reflect restores Recycle.Bin in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I installed Office 2010 and then decide to restore a previous image to get rid of it because the registry and hard drive are never cleaned with an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by rdwray, Apr 1, 2021.

1. rdwray Win User

Macrium Reflect restores Recycle.Bin

I installed Office 2010 and then decide to restore a previous image to get rid of it because the registry and hard drive are never cleaned with an uninstall. In the mean time I had searched the registry for all Office14 occurrences and saved a .reg file and then deleted it (did not empty the Recycle.Bin) and there the file was in the Recycle.bin when I restored the old image.

:)

rdwray, Apr 1, 2021
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Testing with a mounted Macrium image (with the box ticked for 'enable access to restricted folders'), in File Explorer it shows multiple recycle bins on the mounted drive , but every one of them will open to your C: drive's recycle bin, not to the mounted drive (F: in this example). You cannot use File Explorer to look in the ones on the image. You need to use another file manager, or use DIR /A:H in a command prompt (or DIR /A:H /S if you want to see the contents of all the sub-folders).

Macrium Reflect restores Recycle.Bin [​IMG]

Macrium Reflect restores Recycle.Bin [​IMG]

Bree, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Macrium Reflect restores Recycle.Bin - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect restores

2. Recycle Bin Restore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recycle Bin Restore?: This morning I came into work and my desktop was absolutely covered with icons. Upon reviewing these icons, it appears that everything from my recycle bin from the last year has been moved to my desktop. I have noticed this happen before and it seems to happen occasionally...
  3. Macrium reflect system restore function?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium reflect system restore function?: Hi I was wondering does macrium reflect have a system restore like function? I'm asking since I think I remember someone saying it had a similar function without having to backup a full image? 111698
  4. Macrium Reflect Restore Error

Macrium Reflect Restore Error: When trying to restore an image of Macrium Reflect I received this error "The handle is invalid" Restore Failed 22 and Read Failed invalid argument 32. I did a Google search on both errors and did not find much. On one thread someone suggested to move the image file to a...
  5. Macrium Reflect Rapid Delta Restore

Macrium Reflect Rapid Delta Restore: Just done an interesting test comparing MR V7 versus V6. New feature of V7 is it compares source and target and only restores files missing or changed (I assume it deletes ones in target not in source - have not yet tested that). So I initially created a Macrium image...
  6. Macrium Reflect restore over corrupt drive?

Macrium Reflect restore over corrupt drive?: This morning I had a computer crash . Somehow it got stuck on an upgrade . I Booted into system restore and tried to restore to earlier date. Error message came up indicating I had drive issues so I continued with the offer to scan and repair the drive. After drive was...
  7. Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable

Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable: Good day, I bought a new desktop (Lenovo Gaming IdeaCentre Computer, Y710 Cube-15). It comes with a pitiful 100 GB SSD + 1 TB HD. My existing desktop has a 460GB SSD + 3 TB HD. I'd like to move my existing SSD + HD over to the new Lenovo desktop. It seems that this could...
  8. Macrium Reflect & backups & restore

Macrium Reflect & backups & restore: I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist, so you're not getting a...
  9. Macrium Reflect Home Rapid Delta Restore

Macrium Reflect Home Rapid Delta Restore: Well oday, my pc upated from 10563.13 to latest sub build and I was got 3 BSODS in less than an hour - the page fault in nonpaged area one - always a nightmare to sort. So I decided to restore an image I took a few days ago. I was amazed - it reverted me to 10563.0 in...
  10. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: Hello Everybody, I don't understand this line. (see screenshot. I'm going to use O: as my USB drive. So do I create O:\WinPE\rescue\media? Don Cole [img] 106524