Windows 10: Macrium reflect return error 21 when WinRE partition included in image

Discus and support Macrium reflect return error 21 when WinRE partition included in image in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello. When i try a full image bakup with MR that includes WinRE partition , i take an error "error code 21" (see screenshot). [img] [img] Note... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by bug locker, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Macrium reflect return error 21 when WinRE partition included in image

Hello.
    When i try a full image bakup with MR that includes WinRE partition , i take an error "error code 21" (see screenshot).

Macrium reflect return error 21 when WinRE partition included in image [​IMG]

Note that MR shows WinRE as "unformatted" (see screenshot).

ΝΟΤΕ : When I remove WinRE from the image backup there is no problem.
    I guess that's normal. Does anyone know if this is a problem ?
    (Windows pro ver 20H2 19042.870)
    Thanks.*Smile

:)

bug locker, Mar 22, 2021
  2. geoB Win User

Drive letter for EFI system partition?

In Macrium Reflect (free), a Dell Optiplex 3046 running 6.3.1835 on Win 10 64 Pro, returns a
    when performing a backup that includes the EFI system partition. Macrium's suggested solution is to assign a drive letter to that partition. The EFI partition is required for a disk image.

Before I assign a drive letter I'd like to understand what risks there are in the assignment.

3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Macrium reflect return error 21 when WinRE partition included in image

Obtaining error code 0x8000ffff retrying without VSS writers from Partition Copy Macrium reflect

Windows event View shows multiple errors

Microsoft Windows Cap 12 Event ID 513

SQLVDI Event code 1

SQLVDI Event code 1

SqlWriter Event code 24582

Microsoft windows Cap 12

Curiously Macrium reflect completes the partition copy "without VSS writers", and it appear to be ok.

I am running Windows 10. I had previously deleted SQL version 8 as it was incompatible with ACT. Is this a possible cause of the errors?

I turned on windows File Backup, ( previously off), reset and errors are unchanged. File Backup seems to work fine.

At this point I am lost. My technical skill levels don't cover this..

Thanks

Further comment. All these SQL and VSS errors went away with a reformat and new install of windows. and Macrium Reflect performed as advertised with no errors. (Unfortunately the reformat also killed many programs authorization codes, including that of Memeo).

When I re-installed my now converted to a trial copy of the windows 8 version of Memeo backup, the VSS errors returned. I presume it grabs the VSS related software. I assume the windows 10 version does the same, even if it is a "new engine".

Now I am wondering if Microsoft File Save feature would fulfill the same function without conflicting creating VSS errors. It saves files once an hour versus the instant save of Memeo.

Still looking for comments and advice.

Thanks

LawrenceMotley, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Macrium reflect return error 21 when WinRE partition included in image

1. Macrium reflect return error 21 when WinRE partition included in image - Similar Threads - Macrium reflect return

2. macrium reflect shrink partition

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    macrium reflect shrink partition: I'm using macrium reflect free making images of my ssd and hdd together in one file. My ssd is 256 Gbyte.(one C: partition) If I install a new 250Gbyte ssd wiil the reflect restore process after drag and drop the c: partition from the old ssd to the new ssd in the restore...
  3. Macrium Reflect – how to reverse its partitioning?

Macrium Reflect – how to reverse its partitioning?: I have two identical USB drives: WD-Elements-(A) & WD-Elements-(B) each having a nominal capacity of 2 TB. Some time ago, whilst experimenting with the free Macrium Reflect, I created an image of my PC onto WD-Elements-(B) leaving me with just 359 GB of accessible data space...
  4. Macrium Reflect Restore Error

Macrium Reflect Restore Error: When trying to restore an image of Macrium Reflect I received this error "The handle is invalid" Restore Failed 22 and Read Failed invalid argument 32. I did a Google search on both errors and did not find much. On one thread someone suggested to move the image file to a...
  5. Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable

Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable: Good day, I bought a new desktop (Lenovo Gaming IdeaCentre Computer, Y710 Cube-15). It comes with a pitiful 100 GB SSD + 1 TB HD. My existing desktop has a 460GB SSD + 3 TB HD. I'd like to move my existing SSD + HD over to the new Lenovo desktop. It seems that this could...
  6. Macrium reflect - running a backup/image question

Macrium reflect - running a backup/image question: I run Macrium reflect free & create an image every week but have always assumed it created a new image (due to my choosing full backup every time) but had used a small 1TB HD for backup so didn't notice anything amiss. Recently I began using a 4TB HD & therefore thought it...
  7. Acronis True Image vs Macrium Reflect

Acronis True Image vs Macrium Reflect: I was toying with buying a copy of Acronis true Image now that it is on sale, but I figured I'd ask for some thoughts before doing so. Mainly, I'm looking for the ability to boot from CD/USB and create an image of a hard drive, for backup or recovery purposes. Then, if...
  8. Macrium Reflect error help?

Macrium Reflect error help?: Hi All, I have the latest free version of Macrium Reflect. I think that I can only get support from the Macrium site with the full paid version. Since the big Windows 10 update last week, I seem to be getting errors in the backup logs. I have checked the Macruim backup...
  9. Macrium Reflect...Disk Partitions query...

Macrium Reflect...Disk Partitions query...: I finally persuaded my friend to start performing Backups (using Macrium Reflect Free). However, I'm confused about the large number of partitions showing on his system- see the attached screenshot. The backup runs successfully, but I wondered if anyone could explain...
  10. Macrium Reflect errors.

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect errors.: Okay so I booted up my computer today and looked in the event log and noticed some errors from Macrium Reflect . Event ID 7000. The MacriumService service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely...