Windows 10: macrium reflect shrink partition

Discus and support macrium reflect shrink partition in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I'm using macrium reflect free making images of my ssd and hdd together in one file. My ssd is 256 Gbyte.(one C: partition) If I install a new 250Gbyte... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by louis14, Feb 16, 2019.

1. louis14 Win User

macrium reflect shrink partition

I'm using macrium reflect free making images of my ssd and hdd together in one file.
    My ssd is 256 Gbyte.(one C: partition)
    If I install a new 250Gbyte ssd wiil the reflect restore process after drag and drop the c: partition from the old ssd to the new ssd in the restore configuration setup of reflect shrink the volume automatically to the new capacity?

:)

louis14, Feb 16, 2019

2. undo partition shrink

Hi,

If you accidentally shrink the volume of your SSD partition, there is an option to extend the volume as well. To extend the volume of your SSD partition, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard and select Disk Management.
    • Right-click the partition that you want to expand and click Extend Volume.
    • Select the amount of space that you want to extend.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Gerard Qui, Feb 16, 2019
  3. A71
    A71 Win User
    Disk Management not shrinking partition

For some reason Windows is not very good in editing partitions; nonetheless you are actively using it when you are trying to shrink it...

The commenter megicandre1981 is correct: you should backup. Normally I would recommend using Macrium reflect to backup your Windows partition, but if your C: drive with Windows is about 2TB that is a new one for me though I expect Macrium Reflect to be able to only focus on the interesting information on the drive. The output will be an image (or images if you limit the size to ~4GB each) which you can restore if something does not go according to plan.

1. Backup your Windows with Macrum Reflect or other Ghost image tool.
    2. Use Partition Magic or Boot from Ubuntu live CD and use Ubuntu's build in tool to alter the C drive's size.
    3. On boot Windows wants might want to start a Chkdsk. This might take a while. You may skip it: I cannot tell you want the best thing is to do. It depends on your situation.

Remember for next time:
    Partition your drives before OS installation.

4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

macrium reflect shrink partition [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

1. macrium reflect shrink partition - Similar Threads - macrium reflect shrink

2. Macrium Reflect - Create a Rescue Partition

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Macrium Reflect - Create a Rescue Partition: How to: Macrium Reflect - Create a Rescue Partition This tutorial will show how to create a small Macrium Reflect Recovery Partition and add it to Windows 10 Boot Menu. In case of emergency, user can boot to Macrium Rescue environment and fix Windows boot issues, or restore...
  3. Macrium Reflect – how to reverse its partitioning?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect – how to reverse its partitioning?: I have two identical USB drives: WD-Elements-(A) & WD-Elements-(B) each having a nominal capacity of 2 TB. Some time ago, whilst experimenting with the free Macrium Reflect, I created an image of my PC onto WD-Elements-(B) leaving me with just 359 GB of accessible data space...
  4. Macrium Reflect Free Edition (v6.3.1665) not resizing partitions.

Macrium Reflect Free Edition (v6.3.1665) not resizing partitions.: I'm trying to clone my 250 GB Windows hard drive to a 1TB hard drive, using Macrium Reflect Free Edition (v6.3.1665). However, it is not allowing me to resize the Windows partition to fit the larger drive. It clearly shows 698.63 GB of unallocated space, but "Cloned Partition...
  5. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  6. Macrium Reflect Difficulties

Macrium Reflect Difficulties: Hi all I've got an issue with imaging using Macrium Reflect Free. I'm running a dual boot system using Bootcamp with Windows 7 & 10 on two primary partitions on my iMac 24. Both work perfectly but if I run Macrium Reflect on either one of the two OS's, the Windows 10...
  7. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  8. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  9. Macrium Reflect...Disk Partitions query...

Macrium Reflect...Disk Partitions query...: I finally persuaded my friend to start performing Backups (using Macrium Reflect Free). However, I'm confused about the large number of partitions showing on his system- see the attached screenshot. The backup runs successfully, but I wondered if anyone could explain...
  10. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........

Users found this page by searching for:

1. macrium reflect shrink partition

2. shrink partition windows 10 macrium

3. windows 10 hdd to ssd shrink partition macrium