Windows 10: Macrium Reflect update

Discus and support Macrium Reflect update in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello, While making a weekly backup (differential or full) with Macrium version 6, I was notifyedthere is an update for this version, downloaded and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Motim, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Motim Win User

Macrium Reflect update

Hello,
    While making a weekly backup (differential or full) with Macrium version 6, I was notifyedthere is an update for this version, downloaded and installed the update.Then opened the product's site and saw there is a new version - 7, on one page it says free editionhere "Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free" (home use). On another page here "Macrium Software | Home Edition" it says to buy a license.So I am confused, is this new 7 edition (home use only) free or not free, or stay with my 6 version.And by the way, in the update there is a notice to make some entry in the registry, as on attached screenshot, do I have to make this entry ?Answers will be appreciated.Thanks

:)

Motim, Nov 15, 2017
  2. SpiritX MS MVP, Nov 15, 2017
  3. GlenBodie Win User
    Win 10 upgrade help: "macrium reflect" "uninstall this app now because it isn't compatible with Windows 10"

Thanks. I'll try the Media Creation / Upgrade Now path ... should work.

I'd rather stay with an out of date Windows than do a Clean install ... life is too short.

Always disappointing to note that there are multiple paths to get the job done and some of them are buggy. Why not just have one and make sure it works? Or would that put too many Tech Support folks out of work? Hey - not trying to be nasty, I did software
    creation and support for OS and for Apps with a major multinational for 36 years and that's enough to expect better.

GlenBodie, Nov 15, 2017
  4. skcusime Win User

Macrium Reflect update

skcusime, Nov 15, 2017
  5. Motim Win User
    Hello,
    Thanks for the answer.
    There are still some questions: Backup image and differentials made with V6 are they valid for the new V7 ?
    And rescue disk made with V6 is still good for V7 or make a new disk ?
    Waiting for answers before doing something I cannot go back.
    Thanks

Motim, Nov 16, 2017
  6. jonnied12 Win User
    V7 will restore Backup image and differentials made with V6.

jonnied12, Nov 16, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    OP does need to update Rescue Drive of course.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Macrium Reflect update

1. Macrium Reflect update - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect update

2. Macrium Reflect Update

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect Update: Hello,Each time when Macrium gets an update, I get in the notification area a notice, make first a backup and then open the program and make the update.Today (5-Aug-2020) the notice came up, so after a backup, clicked on the small icon in the notification area and got an...
  3. Macrium Reflect not updating

Macrium Reflect not updating: Running MR ver.4744 and trying to update to .4808 on Insider version 19587 and then today 19592.1001. Selected update downloads, SW initializing and then a search engine starts and runs for 10 minutes with an error code saying it could not find the software???? Of course it...
  4. Macrium Reflect and 1803 update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Macrium Reflect and 1803 update...: On my system, the Reflect's "Recovery Boot Menu Option" is enabled, via "Windows PE 10.0 menu (64 Bit). Doing so allows to boot directly from the system drive to Reflect recovery environment, instead of booting from a USB based recovery environment. Basically, it's a...
  5. New Macrium Reflect Updates

New Macrium Reflect Updates: [img] Tip If you guys have any issues with Macrium products, take a look at this: Welcome to TF Saturday Live - The Macrium Special Solved - Windows 10 Forums Macrium founder and CEO Nick Sills will join us to talk about Macrium Reflect and answer your questions in Q&A...
  6. Macrium Reflect Difficulties

Macrium Reflect Difficulties: Hi all I've got an issue with imaging using Macrium Reflect Free. I'm running a dual boot system using Bootcamp with Windows 7 & 10 on two primary partitions on my iMac 24. Both work perfectly but if I run Macrium Reflect on either one of the two OS's, the Windows 10...
  7. New Macrium Reflect Update

New Macrium Reflect Update: New Macrium Reflect Update ready to be downloaded and updated Version 6.1 Build 1225 46206
  8. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  9. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  10. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........