Windows 10: Macrium Reflect v.7 - Delete old Image Files

Discus and support Macrium Reflect v.7 - Delete old Image Files in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello All, I just found deleting old image files is not allowed. Recent Update: Macrium Reflect v7.1.2614, 09/29/17 - [img] - Any advice on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jdUnionngarden, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Macrium Reflect v.7 - Delete old Image Files

Hello All,
    I just found deleting old image files is not allowed.
    Recent Update: Macrium Reflect v7.1.2614, 09/29/17
    -

Macrium Reflect v.7 - Delete old Image Files [​IMG]

-
    Any advice on this will be greatly appreciated!
    Note: I tried to sign up with Macrium v7 Forums and learned I apparently am not intelligent enough to work through their sign up procedure. (?)

Best, *Smile

:)

jdUnionngarden, Oct 2, 2017
  2. RonBarker Win User

full backup of Windows 10 to restore entire image

PV you can make a system image with Macrium reflect. But what I do is use Macrium Reflect to backup then use the Windows 7 backup as per Andre, to make a system image just in case I need it. Both on external hard drive.

RonBarker, Oct 2, 2017
  3. Phil_A1 Win User
    Loading an image (Macrium Reflect) of my C drive into a brand-new pc to retain browser settings, etc.

Thanks for the reply Gordon. So, connect the external HD that has the image, to the new pc, boot it up, and then run the 'restore' function of Macrium Reflect, for that particular image, is that correct?

Phil_A1, Oct 2, 2017
  4. Sheltieuk Win User

Macrium Reflect v.7 - Delete old Image Files

Looks like you've got Macrium Image Guardian enabled in which case you have delete old images/backups from the Restore window within Reflect.

Sheltieuk, Oct 2, 2017
  5. Cliff S New Member
    A little more info to add to Sheltieuk's reply:

Techie Tuesday: Macrium Image Guardian – Macrium Software

Cliff S, Oct 2, 2017
  6. Thanks very much Sheltieuk,
    I've also learned the new feature is to protect from Ransomware, which indeed is an excellent feature.
    Best!,

jdUnionngarden, Oct 2, 2017
  7. johnpd Win User
    I am considering upgrading from v6 but am unsure about MIG. I backup to an extra internal drive and then copy those images to external drives as secondary backups. Will MIG cause any issues with that?

JohnD

johnpd, Oct 10, 2017
  8. Macrium Reflect v.7 - Delete old Image Files

Hi Johnpd,
    You'll surely be fine. Using MIG requires a little learning curve. I received excellent support from Macrium Support <support@macrium.com>. They gave me the step-by-step instructions I needed. I'd say without a doubt Macrium v7 is well worth the upgrade.
    Note: MIG protects against Ransomware changing or deleting your backup files.
    Best,

jdUnionngarden, Oct 10, 2017
  9. ozradar Win User
    Easy to solve, just start up Macrium Reflect, go to Other Tasks, and select Image Guardian, turn it off, delete the old back up, then turn it back on again.

ozradar, Oct 10, 2017
  10. I backup my images to an external drive and about every other month I close it to another Hard Drive.

Josey Wales, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Macrium Reflect v.7 - Delete old Image Files

1. Macrium Reflect v.7 - Delete old Image Files - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect Delete

2. Macrium reflect 7

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium reflect 7: So i have recently started to use the free version of Macrium Reflect 7 i have saved an image on a pendrive which i will update weekly, so what do i need to do to achieve this please? 158605
  3. Macrium Reflect Free not deleting old backup images.

Macrium Reflect Free not deleting old backup images.: Hi, I have Macrium's retention policy set to delete images older than 7 weeks, but it is not deleting them. I have at least two images it should purge before starting a new backup. It says '2 sets found', then 'nothing to delete' - even though the two oldest images were made...
  4. Macrium Reflect image will not delete?

Macrium Reflect image will not delete?: I've been using the free version for a few years. I downloaded the paid home version's 30 day trial. Before running my daily, scheduled backup to an external drive, I ran a test image to a flash drive (T:\Macrium TEST Onedrive\BE1C13BDDEE1C020-00-00.mrbak). I tried to delete...
  5. Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free

Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free: On the Macrium Reflect Forums, they state that Macrium Reflect Free Version 7 will be available by end of June. 85239
  6. Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable

Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable: Good day, I bought a new desktop (Lenovo Gaming IdeaCentre Computer, Y710 Cube-15). It comes with a pitiful 100 GB SSD + 1 TB HD. My existing desktop has a 460GB SSD + 3 TB HD. I'd like to move my existing SSD + HD over to the new Lenovo desktop. It seems that this could...
  7. Macrium Reflect 7 discount

Macrium Reflect 7 discount: Hey guys I just finished talking with the good folks at Macrium and they gave me the OK to post a discount code for our members to use.......not a great deal but it is for 10% off purchases for the next 7 days...... Just click on the "buy now" button and check the...
  8. Acronis True Image vs Macrium Reflect

Acronis True Image vs Macrium Reflect: I was toying with buying a copy of Acronis true Image now that it is on sale, but I figured I'd ask for some thoughts before doing so. Mainly, I'm looking for the ability to boot from CD/USB and create an image of a hard drive, for backup or recovery purposes. Then, if...
  9. Macrium Reflect does not find image file

Macrium Reflect does not find image file: Been trying M. Reflect free edition on a Dell Studio XPS 8000. I did as usual and created a boot rescue CD with the PE file with no problem. Then I continued to make an image of my boot disk C and save it on my hard drive D. Went to D and the image is there. Next I booted...
  10. Macrium Reflect Home 7 - GERMANY

Macrium Reflect Home 7 - GERMANY: [img] 78080

Users found this page by searching for:

1. macrium reflect what to do with the older hdd files