Windows 10: Macrium Reflect Windows PE files update?

Discus and support Macrium Reflect Windows PE files update? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi All, I have the free Macrium Reflect 6 program, which recently updated to 6.1.879. When I try to make a USB rescue media, it says that an update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Cornishman, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Macrium Reflect Windows PE files update?

Hi All,
    I have the free Macrium Reflect 6 program, which recently updated to 6.1.879.
    When I try to make a USB rescue media, it says that an update has been found for my Windows PE files???
    How do I update that?
    The program itself is up to date.

Macrium Reflect Windows PE files update? [​IMG]

:)

Cornishman, Oct 22, 2015
  2. denmarfl Win User

Cloning a SSD Drive

Want to Clone my Win10 Home 64bit HDD to a SSD Drive. I did this with a previous Win7 HDD and used the Free Version of Macrium Reflect Version 5.x...and it was easy and simple to install and the cloning process was easy to follow.

I tried to install that same Reflect Version on my Win10 PC and got you are attempting to install a 32bit version of the software on a 64bit OS....so I did not proceed, not even sure it would have installed.

I went to the Macrium Site to look for the 64bit Free Download, it showed version 6.x. I downloaded that version; the site did not show a selection for 32bit...or 64bit.

When I started the Install of Reflect 6.x it showed the following downloads 1) Reflect Installer 2) PE Components.

Seems what you download from the Macrium site is not the Cloning software....its a Starter app to download the Reflect software and install it.

I did not proceed, I know nothing about what is meant by PE Components. I also would not be using this software for any type of Backup and Restore....that is why Macrium 5.x was nice to use.....you were not, or at least I thought I was not downloading and
    installing Components that I would never use.

Did not see an option to customize install....and not knowing what PE Components is\Does....and that all I wanted to do was Clone my Win10 Home 64 Bit GDD to a SDD Drive....and nothing more I have not proceeded to Install Reflect Cloning Software.

Do I just Install Reflect with the PE Components....I don't Think?? I need? What are the PE Components (I always feel if I don't know what something is I probably have no use for it).

Is there a better Free Download Cloning Software that won't install stuff I will never use and is as easy to perform the Cloning process as was Reflect ver5?

denmarfl, Oct 22, 2015
  3. SEeCK Win User
    windows 10 installation fails "pagefault_in_non-paged_area" pssnap.sys

Just uninstalling the old Macrium Reflect did not help: pssnap.sys remains present in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and what was more, it appears to be activated still.

A next attempt to upgrade to Windows 10 fails again.

What worked for me was to install the latest version of Macrium Reflect Free (without the Win-PE part) and then remove it again, as proposed in the reply from naishinlai on august
    20, 2015

SEeCK, Oct 22, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Macrium Reflect Windows PE files update?

You need to update your recovery environment(DVD; USB or Boot option if you use it) to WinPE10.0. If you have that, it can also mean the Macrium portion needs to be updated.

Cliff S, Oct 22, 2015
  5. I have the WinPE10 option, but how do I update the Macrium portion?

Macrium Reflect Windows PE files update? [​IMG]

Cornishman, Oct 22, 2015
  6. fireberd Win User
    When you make the new bootable rescue media, it will contain the new WinPE version.

fireberd, Oct 22, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Yeah, what he said*Biggrin. This month they updated a couple of times, because some users were having problems reading their backups from the recovery media, so the the recovery environment media needs to be updated.

Cliff S, Oct 22, 2015
  8. Macrium Reflect Windows PE files update?

OK Thanks everyone, I was getting a bit confused!
    *Think

Cornishman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Macrium Reflect Windows PE files update?

1. Macrium Reflect Windows PE files update? - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect files

2. Problem creating a Macrium Reflect Windows PE rescue USB

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Problem creating a Macrium Reflect Windows PE rescue USB: I have a Problem creating a Macrium Reflect Windows PE rescue USB, From MR website all versions allow this except for the free version, so I should be able to do this. But cant see an option to include Redeploy. WHen I boot up with the USB and select redeploy it says I should...
  3. Problem creating a Macrium Reflect Windows PE rescue USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem creating a Macrium Reflect Windows PE rescue USB: I have a Problem creating a Macrium Reflect Windows PE rescue USB, From MR website all versions allow this except for the free version, so I should be able to do this. But cant see an option to include Redeploy. WHen I boot up with the USB and select redeploy it says I should...
  4. Macrium Reflect and 1803 update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Macrium Reflect and 1803 update...: On my system, the Reflect's "Recovery Boot Menu Option" is enabled, via "Windows PE 10.0 menu (64 Bit). Doing so allows to boot directly from the system drive to Reflect recovery environment, instead of booting from a USB based recovery environment. Basically, it's a...
  5. Macrium Reflect PE Environment cannot detect Bitlocker Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect PE Environment cannot detect Bitlocker Drives: Hello, I have created a bootable USB using Macrium Reflect 7.1 (Free version) with the options checked for bitlocker encrypted drives to automatically unlock. My pc has the following drives: 1 M.2 drive (OS) (encrypted) 2 1TB HDD's in RAID1 (encrypted) 1 750GB HDD (not...
  6. New Macrium Reflect Updates

New Macrium Reflect Updates: [img] Tip If you guys have any issues with Macrium products, take a look at this: Welcome to TF Saturday Live - The Macrium Special Solved - Windows 10 Forums Macrium founder and CEO Nick Sills will join us to talk about Macrium Reflect and answer your questions in Q&A...
  7. New Macrium Reflect Update

New Macrium Reflect Update: New Macrium Reflect Update ready to be downloaded and updated Version 6.1 Build 1225 46206
  8. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  9. Macrium Reflect update

Macrium Reflect update: Hello, While making a weekly backup (differential or full) with Macrium version 6, I was notifyedthere is an update for this version, downloaded and installed the update.Then opened the product's site and saw there is a new version - 7, on one page it says free editionhere...
  10. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........