Windows 10: Macrium Reflect Winpe components

Discus and support Macrium Reflect Winpe components in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Just noticed the latest version require a download of over 800 MB to download win pe components where it was only approx 500 MB before. 73015 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by cereberus, Dec 20, 2016.

1. cereberus Win User

Macrium Reflect Winpe components

Just noticed the latest version require a download of over 800 MB to download win pe components where it was only approx 500 MB before.

:)

cereberus, Dec 20, 2016

2. Recovery to windows 10 from windows 8.1

That is the main problems with using windows for back up and or system image recovery = it does not work usually when you really need it too any one of the 6 cd's could be corrupt Macrium Reflect Winpe components :(

Hard lesson to learn

Macrium reflect free all you need is a single cd and or flash drive for the WinPE recovery media to boot to and restore a system image on another drive.

Do the basics with a reliable free system image utility to a totally separate hard drive,

Macrium Reflect by Britec

ThrashZone, Dec 20, 2016
  3. System Image Backup

Indeed Macrium Reflect prompts to create the recovery WinPE cd on first starting the program and should be created

You can use a regular cd-r or +r or combination of the 2 or even a small flash drive

I usually create both just in case Macrium Reflect Winpe components ;)

But indeed Reflect also has startup repair

You can also add it to the boot options but if having boot problems it may not work this is where the cd and or flash recovery media come in handy Macrium Reflect Winpe components :)

ThrashZone, Dec 20, 2016
  4. fdegrove Win User

fdegrove, Dec 20, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    cereberus, Dec 20, 2016
  6. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Indeed it is. They're now using the new AU edition of the ADK tool set to build their WinPE.

Regardless of the file size increase it does work very well. As usual from MR.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Dec 20, 2016
  7. SIW2 Win User
    You can save the download. When it asks if you have a customized wim, just point it to copy of winre.wim

8. fdegrove Win User

Hi,

Care to elaborate on that as I'm not sure I follow.

TIA, *Wink

fdegrove, Dec 20, 2016
  9. TrustMe Win User
    The guys in this thread seem to know a lot about Macrium's WinPE boot disk. I hope you don't mind me asking a question. From time to time I work on family and friends computers. As of late when I am finished, I install Macrium Reflect and image their hard drive. So far I've been making a WinPE boot disk for each computer (four of them so far). Do you think this is necessary? I guess my concern is, if I don't, five years from now the PE boot disk will not be able to restore such an old image. Would a Macrium PE boot disk made today be able to restore an image from 5 or 6 years ago? What do you guys think?

TrustMe, Dec 20, 2016
  10. David H Win User
    Would this Patch be why my Backup error ed at 78% and the verification said it was a corrupted file. is there any way I can get anything out of it or is it a lost cause?? I only used Reflect because it was recommended. :-(

David H, Dec 20, 2016
  11. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

One rescue disk suffices. They're all the same anyhow.
    It's not the WinPE that allows the restore job to succeed but the backup software. I'm sure restoring a 5 year old backup is no problem whatsoever provide the image is fine that is.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Dec 20, 2016
  12. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

No, I don't think so.
    Try to routinely have MR verify the image once it's done.
    I never have encountered a bad image but it can happen nonetheless.

The patch is mainly an update to make the best of what W10 14393 (AKA 1607) has to offer actually.
    The changelog tells you more.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Dec 20, 2016
  13. David H Win User

I checked it when it was done. made the Win PE usb stick went to use it to go back and it errored on 78%. I have checked the HDD i put it onto and it's good as is the one I am rebuilding the computer with. Oh well it's a clean install now lol So i may sell that box..

David H, Dec 21, 2016
  14. SIW2 Win User
    Select Custom, then browse to a copy of winre.wim and macrium will use it instead of downloading all that stuff.
    You can find winre.wim in the hidden recovery folder on your drive. If you are running 1607 or newer, then winre.wim will be 1607 or newer.

(Other imaging programs look for winre.wim to make their boot media, e.g. Aomei and Paragon. )

Macrium Reflect Winpe components [​IMG]

15. lvgandhi Win User
    Recently I made a recovery USB stick from latest macrium reflect free. How to know what wim it contains?

lvgandhi, Dec 21, 2016
Thema:

1. Macrium Reflect Winpe components - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect Winpe

2. Cannot boot WinPE, can boot Macrium Reflect USB. ASRock motherboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot boot WinPE, can boot Macrium Reflect USB. ASRock motherboard: I created USB bootable repair media. Diskpart tells me that each is MBR formatted, not GPT. These were created on a Win10 machine. One USB contains WinPE alone. I can boot it on my Lenovo Thinkpad, but cannot boot on my desktop that has ASRock H170M Pro4 motherboard. Another...
  3. Macrium Reflect WinPE 5 for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect WinPE 5 for Windows 10: So my friend has Macrium Reflect Free installed on his WIndows 8 Home 64-bit and he is planning to upgrade to Windows 10. Will he be able to still use the MR boot menu even though it was built using WinPE 5 components? Or is it actually crucial (by crucial we mean really...
  4. Macrium Reflect 5.3 (WinPE 3.1) Rescue CD compatiblity with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect 5.3 (WinPE 3.1) Rescue CD compatiblity with Windows 10: Hi all, I'm getting a new laptop (Win 10) in a few days and I want to make a Macrium Reflect Image of its system before I install ANY software. I have an old Macrium Reflect 5.3 (WinPE 3.1) Rescue CD that was made on a Windows Vista PC. Does anyone know if I could use...
  5. Can only see 640x480 resolution on Macrium Reflect in winpe mode

Can only see 640x480 resolution on Macrium Reflect in winpe mode: I had an annoying problem with Macrium Reflect only displaying in low res 640x480 mode in winpe mode booting from a usb drive. Interestingly, it worked ok when booting from a hard drive partition. I tried many fixes and got nowhere until I bought Home and could ask their...
  6. Macrium Reflect Home WinPE WADK problem

Macrium Reflect Home WinPE WADK problem: Hello, I have MR Home Edition ver 7.0.2 x64 with me in a Win 10 Pro ver1703 RS2 partition. Due to poor internet connection I cannot download the PE 5 (WADK) --for Win 8.1 and PE 10 (WADK) for Win10 component to make the appropriate WinPE for x64 Win10 (and Win 8.1). I also...
  7. Macrium Reflect Difficulties

Macrium Reflect Difficulties: Hi all I've got an issue with imaging using Macrium Reflect Free. I'm running a dual boot system using Bootcamp with Windows 7 & 10 on two primary partitions on my iMac 24. Both work perfectly but if I run Macrium Reflect on either one of the two OS's, the Windows 10...
  8. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  9. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  10. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........