Windows 10: Macrium Reflect

Discus and support Macrium Reflect in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have just upgraded my PC from Windows version 1909 to 20H2. Do I have to renew the master C-drive source copy of my MR ? This was generated months... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Cherokee, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Cherokee Win User

Macrium Reflect

I have just upgraded my PC from Windows version 1909 to 20H2.
    Do I have to renew the master C-drive source copy of my MR ? This was generated months ago.

Does MR update this master C-drive copy as an online live monitor connection ? The contents of the C-drive are changing by the second.

:)

Cherokee, Feb 20, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium Reflect [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Ed-jo Win User
    Issues with Macrium Reflect and SyncToy programs Windows 10.

trying to create a task for synctoy, or any other program fails, also scheduler not working for macrium reflect either, any help appreciated.

Old title: cant create a task get multiple errors.

Ed-jo, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Macrium Reflect

Issues with Macrium Reflect and SyncToy programs Windows 10.

Hi Ed,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

We understand that you have issues with Macrium Reflect and SyncToy programs on Windows 10. We feel sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

We will assist you to resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

1. What is the version of SyncToy installed on your computer?

2. What is the version of Macrium Reflect installed on your computer?

3. As per you query, you say "scheduler not working for macrium reflect", are you referring to Task scheduler?

4. If it is Task scheduler, Is Task scheduler working on all programs, other than Macrium Reflect ?

Please post your query on SyncToy forum link below:

Microsoft forums - Microsoft Sync Framework

Let's refer to these links below.

Schedule Task

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

AntonyJose, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Macrium Reflect

1. Macrium Reflect - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect

2. Restoring Macrium Reflect image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring Macrium Reflect image: I really need help. Let me say first that the image I made with MR is about 1.5 yrs old. I see no reason why that should matter. I opened Macrium Reflect and went to the Restore heading. There I browsed to and selected the image I wanted to restore. This is what I see:...
  3. Mechanics of Macrium Reflect 7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mechanics of Macrium Reflect 7: Hi guys, i would like to know if it is possible to image my entire laptop after first bootup without first installing reflect on the laptop itself. My intention is basically create a macrium rescue media on a different win10 laptop, boot up my brand spanking new laptop for...
  4. Macrium reflect backup and restore SATA to NVME

Macrium reflect backup and restore SATA to NVME: Ok guys another conundrum, but this isnt a critical issue rather something that would be nice to fix. So I was temporarily without my m.2 drive, and windows 10 was actually originally installed on a spare SATA SSD I had. When my m.2 stick was available again, I backed up...
  5. Macrium Reflect Backup Def File question

Macrium Reflect Backup Def File question: I have 2 .xml definiton files made to backup both my SSD (OS) and my HDD (Storage, desktop, documents, etc...) onto the 2 HDD's I use for this purpose is there a way I can combine them into either one definition file, or make a VBScript/Powershell/batch file that runs both...
  6. Macrium Reflect Backup Def File question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect Backup Def File question: I have 2 .xml definiton files made to backup both my SSD (OS) and my HDD (Storage, desktop, documents, etc...) onto the 2 HDD's I use for this purpose is there a way I can combine them into either one definition file, or make a VBScript/Powershell/batch file that runs both...
  7. Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect: I have just upgraded my PC from Windows version 1909 to 20H2. Do I have to renew the master C-drive source copy of my MR ? This was generated months ago. Does MR update this master C-drive copy as an online live monitor connection ? The contents of the C-drive are changing...
  8. Macrium Reflect Restore procedure

Macrium Reflect Restore procedure: Macrium Reflect Free Edition v7.3.5550 I have recently changed my backup strategy from (a) creating only Full images to (b) creating one Full image followed by Differential images and retaining only one image of each. With method (a) it was easy to restore the Full image...
  9. Fresh re-install OS, Suddenly slow D: drive, Restore w/ Macrium Reflect?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh re-install OS, Suddenly slow D: drive, Restore w/ Macrium Reflect?: I had 1 SSD with win10 OS + 2 HDDs for data. Both HDD were fine. I decided to reinstall win10 from scratch so I made an SSD C: drive image backup in D drive using Macrium Reflect. After fresh install of win10, I found the D drive is extremely slow (100% usage in Task...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free 7.3 imaged to USB flash drive produced six files

Macrium Reflect Free 7.3 imaged to USB flash drive produced six files: I've just built a dual-boot machine with Windows 10 (20H2) and Linux (Elementary OS 5.0), and it occurred to me that Reflect (7.3 Free) could probably image that drive including the ext4 partition containing Elementary OS and (I hope) the GRUB bootloader (wherever it...