Windows 10: Macrium Reflex brand new user - totally confused

Discus and support Macrium Reflex brand new user - totally confused in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; After having a dead computer, I'm trying to set up my new one correctly. Seems like everyone loves Macrium, so I downloaded their free version. I also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by way2ob2se, Oct 15, 2020.

1. way2ob2se Win User

Macrium Reflex brand new user - totally confused

After having a dead computer, I'm trying to set up my new one correctly. Seems like everyone loves Macrium, so I downloaded their free version. I also watched on-line tutorials and read lots of posts about it, but I'm way past confused at this point. All I was trying to do to start was a disk image, and I don't understand word one about the screen I'm looking at. It shows:

MBR Disk 1
    F:\\ (which is one of my internal hard drives on which I keep all my data files.)

GPT Disk 2
    1 System (none) FAT32 (LBA Primary
    2 None - Unformatted Primary
    3 Windows C:\\ NTFS Primary (my other internal hard drive which holds all my system/program files
    4 Windows RE Tools (none) NTFS primary

GPT Disk 3
    1 EFI (none) FAT32 (LBA Primary)
    2 E:\\ Unformatted Primary (my external hard drive for backups)

I can't figure out what all this really means. I've tried checking everything but E, and press Image this Disk, but the next page is gobbeltygook to me too. I can't find a way to tell it to put the image on my E drive.

Is there anywhere I can go to get some real beginner kind of instructions? For someone who doesn't know what FAT32 or LBA Primary, NTFS, or a heap of other things are? I read the tutorials but it's just not working for me. I don't want to waste your time, but I just want to do a backup (then differential backups) and image my system.

WINVER Info is: Version 1909 (Build 18363.1139

:)

way2ob2se, Oct 15, 2020

2. Totally Confused with Email

Hi Cole,

Please reply with the below information to know more about the issue:

• Are you trying to create third user account in the mail app?
    • Which email account have you configured with two accounts (live mail, outlook or Gmail etc)?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Method 2: I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter from the below article and check if it helps.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Frank1 Win User

Problem with Macrium Reflex

Is anyone else having a problem using the free Macrium Reflex with Windows 10? I tried to install it and nothing went right with it.

Frank1, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Macrium Reflex brand new user - totally confused - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflex brand

2. Totally confused about user accounts/can't delete user account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Totally confused about user accounts/can't delete user account.: My Dad gifted me a laptop he is no longer using. He has all his files and said I can delete all of his content off the computer. I'd like to basically start it from scratch. Using his credentials, I set up a new user account for myself and made myself an administrator. I...
  3. Totally confused about user accounts/can't delete user account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Totally confused about user accounts/can't delete user account.: My Dad gifted me a laptop he is no longer using. He has all his files and said I can delete all of his content off the computer. I'd like to basically start it from scratch. Using his credentials, I set up a new user account for myself and made myself an administrator. I...
  4. Totally confused about user accounts/can't delete user account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Total confusion.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Total confusion.: Hello! This one is a bit of a doozy.I recently I used a program to transfer a huge chunk of data from my old pc about 200~ GB to my new one. The issues are as followsI had less then 200 GB already in my new computer max 936 GB but when it finished transferring I ended up with...
  6. Macrium Free - New user

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Free - New user: Just started using Macrium Reflect Free. I'm stepping through the excellent user guide but would appreciate advice on a basic point about scheduling please. I've scheduled the first Full for 08:00 tomorrow morning, repeated weekly. Can I schedule the first Differential for...
  7. Macrium Reflex

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Macrium Reflex: Ok I have my system backed up with Macrium,no here is the problem. Geating ready to upgrade computer with new Motherboard,CPU, SSD Drives,will my backup work on all this new stuff? Will Activation be a problem? Thanks Z 66032
  8. Thank God for my Macrium Reflex Boot Recovery . . . .

Thank God for my Macrium Reflex Boot Recovery . . . .: From Sleep, since recent updates, Windows will not boot . . . Question . . . .should I create a newer Macrium Reflect recovery disk? Current disk is saving my A**! 65846
  9. Problem with Macrium Reflex

Problem with Macrium Reflex: Is anyone else having a problem using the free Macrium Reflex with Windows 10? I tried to install it and nothing went right with it. 14752
  10. Macrium Reflex Changed My Boot UP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflex Changed My Boot UP: After using Macrium Reflex Free version for several months I decided to purchase the Home edition. I did so and immediately found that when I boot, instead of going directly to Windows I am presented with a choice of continuing to boot to Windows or a Virtual Win PE...