Windows 10: Macrium Reflex Changed My Boot UP

Discus and support Macrium Reflex Changed My Boot UP in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After using Macrium Reflex Free version for several months I decided to purchase the Home edition. I did so and immediately found that when I boot,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JJG10, Jul 16, 2017.

1. JJG10 Win User

Macrium Reflex Changed My Boot UP

After using Macrium Reflex Free version for several months I decided to purchase the Home edition. I did so and immediately found that when I boot, instead of going directly to Windows I am presented with a choice of continuing to boot to Windows or a Virtual Win PE environment or something like that. Both Windows and Reflex seem to work just fine but how can I eliminate that choice when booting?

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Jul 16, 2017

2. Lost all data (pictures, music, word docs, excel docs) after Windows 10 upgrade

Save the folders to the cloud. OneDrive should also be saving them. You should also be making at least weekly backups of your system. I use Acronis True Image Home 2016. Others also recommend Macrium Reflex (free).

Cbarnhorst, Jul 16, 2017
  3. Replacing Hard drive - Windows 10 (upgraded) Product Key

Once upgraded the Windows 10 licensing is in the firmware. There is no Windows 10 product key unless you buy a retail copy of Windows 10. Your Windows 8 product key is of no consequence.

You can clean install Windows 10 without a product key and it will remain activated. If you see a request for a product key during installation simply ignore and click on DO LATER or SKIP. It will activate the first time it gets on the internet. You can
    also clone without disturbing the activation.

My recommendation is to use Macrium Reflex (free) to clone. Acronis has bad reports when an SSD is involved. The Acronis tool ships with Crucial SSDs and users say it doesn't work right. Macrium is highly regarded for this. A kit is inexpensive and worth
    the $25.

Cbarnhorst, Jul 16, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Actually, that is a very handy option - it means you can restore an image without even needing to boot from a flash drive. You can also boot from it and delete files etc that will not delete whilst running full windows.

You could do a couple of things - reduce menu time to say 3 seconds with windows as boot option, or remove menu option altogether.

To remove menu option, rum msconfig, select boot tab, and delete Macrium entry.

cereberus, Jul 16, 2017
  5. JJG10 Win User
    Thank you very much. That is just what I wanted to know.

JJG10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Macrium Reflex Changed My Boot UP - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflex Changed

2. Cloning HD to SSD using Macrium, not booting up.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning HD to SSD using Macrium, not booting up.: Hello, I am trying to replace my HD with SSD using Macrium Reflect 7. But after successfully cloning my hard drive and install the SSD to my laptop, it won't boot. It's stuck with a blank screen and only showing the mouse pointer. My HD and SSD are showing both GPT so not...
  3. Macrium Reflex brand new user - totally confused

Macrium Reflex brand new user - totally confused: After having a dead computer, I'm trying to set up my new one correctly. Seems like everyone loves Macrium, so I downloaded their free version. I also watched on-line tutorials and read lots of posts about it, but I'm way past confused at this point. All I was trying to do to...
  4. Macrium Boot Question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Macrium Boot Question: Macrium Boot Question I use Windows 10 and a Macrium recovery program. My BIOS is set where the optical disk for CDs and DVDs are not set to recognize a CD/DVD disc as the first priority to boot from. What are the steps I should take to make my Macrium Rescue Disk as...
  5. Macrium Reflex

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Macrium Reflex: Ok I have my system backed up with Macrium,no here is the problem. Geating ready to upgrade computer with new Motherboard,CPU, SSD Drives,will my backup work on all this new stuff? Will Activation be a problem? Thanks Z 66032
  6. Boot into Macrium?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot into Macrium?: I installed Macrium Reflect so that I can have complete backup images of my new desktop. I noticed that upon reboot I'm offered a dual-boot: Windows, as expected. And Macrium as an alternate. So what happens if I choose Macrium? 89137
  7. Thank God for my Macrium Reflex Boot Recovery . . . .

Thank God for my Macrium Reflex Boot Recovery . . . .: From Sleep, since recent updates, Windows will not boot . . . Question . . . .should I create a newer Macrium Reflect recovery disk? Current disk is saving my A**! 65846
  8. Problem with Macrium Reflex

Problem with Macrium Reflex: Is anyone else having a problem using the free Macrium Reflex with Windows 10? I tried to install it and nothing went right with it. 14752
  9. Is it Normal for Macrium to notify you at every boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it Normal for Macrium to notify you at every boot up: Is it Normal for Macrium to notify you at every boot up? [img] 82708
  10. Macrium Reflect - Use Macrium Image to set up Dual / Multi Boot

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Macrium Reflect - Use Macrium Image to set up Dual / Multi Boot: How to: Macrium Reflect - Use Macrium Image to set up Dual / Multi Boot [img] Information If you ask me, Macrium Reflect should be obligatory, first application installed after installing Windows 10. Users often think it as just another backup application but in fact...