Windows 10: Macrium Relect Free recovery drive allow system files?

Discus and support Macrium Relect Free recovery drive allow system files? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; On a learning curve for making disk images (not clones) for my desktop and wife's laptop, both Windows 10. I need to determine a storage size for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Figfig, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Figfig Win User

Macrium Relect Free recovery drive allow system files?

On a learning curve for making disk images (not clones) for my desktop and wife's laptop, both Windows 10.

I need to determine a storage size for the recovery drive USB using the Macrium Reflect tutorial, but there's a variable I'm unclear on. Will be ordering USB's when this gets cleared up.

While boning up, I noticed the Windows 10 method for creating a recovery drive has an option to include, or disregard, system files. Including system files necessitates a large USB (32 to 64GB recommended). If disregarding system files, the USB size can be much smaller.
    Ref tutorial: Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10

While reading the Macrium Reflect tutorial, I can't find an obvious option for adding or excluding system files.
    Ref tutorial: Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Does Macrium Reflect recovery drive deal with system files, or no?

:)

Figfig, Jun 24, 2020

2. Recovery drive only needs 512mb, even with "Back up system files" selected

Hello Matt,

We realize the inconvenience you have experienced. Let us know few things to analyze the issue.

• What is the exact message that appears?
    • Is there any problem while initiating the backup process?
    Suggest you to check initiating the backup process by ignoring the message to see if include the system files too. I mean to say allow the check box to include the system files and then initiate the backup process to see if it works correctly.

Warning:

• Creating a recovery drive will erase anything already stored on your USB flash drive. Use an empty USB flash drive or make sure to transfer any important data from your USB flash drive to another storage device before using it to create a USB recovery drive.
    Let us know how it went.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Recovery Drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. In some cases, this could happen if you created a system restore point on your computer. Windows will use the recovery drive to revert to the previous time where your computer is working properly, or where you created
    it. Please don't attempt to put any files in the recovery drive or the restore process will fail. To give you more suggestion and helpful information, we would like to more about your computer. Please answer the question below:

• Did you make any changes to your computer before this issue occurs?
    • Have you install Windows Update before getting the Recovery drive?
    • Which version of Windows are you using? To check it, follow the steps through this
      link.

In the meantime, you can check the files inside the recovery drive and confirm if there are essential files that you need.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Lemuel Cie, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Macrium Relect Free recovery drive allow system files?

Creating Recovery Drive including System Files

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us.

As you said the recovery drive is only 512 MB, it seems that you have not selected the all the drives. It is not possible that the recovery drive is only 512 MB. The C:\ drive itself is more than 3 GB because of the operating system files are installed
    on it. So, try selecting all the drive and check if you are able to create a recovery drive.

If the issue still persist, it could be due to the Volume shadow copy is not running on Windows background. Let’s try turning on the Volume shadow copy and check. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press
      Enter.
    • Locate for Volume shadow copy, check if the services is running. If is not running, right click on it and click on Start. (If it is running stop it, and start it again manually).
    We look forward to hear from you for further assistance.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Macrium Relect Free recovery drive allow system files?

1. Macrium Relect Free recovery drive allow system files? - Similar Threads - Macrium Relect Free

2. Macrium reflect file backup free?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Macrium reflect file backup free?: Is the macrium reflect file folder backup free? submitted by /u/87d112 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f8hwui/macrium_reflect_file_backup_free/
  3. Macrium Recovery 'Drive'?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Recovery 'Drive'?: Opening Win 10 Pro's File Explorer at the 'This PC' level I see an unexpected entry 'Macrium Reflect Image'. As well as File Explorer it's also displayed by other tools such as TreeSize. [img] I assume this arises from tentatively trying the first steps of the restore...
  4. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  5. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  6. Can't seem to register for the Macrium Relect Forum?

Can't seem to register for the Macrium Relect Forum?: Hi, After reading how folks on this forum swear by Macrium Reflect I decided to give it a shot. To make a long story short I downloaded and Installed Macrium Reflect Free today but when I went to register on their help forum I was told that Free Version users can't post on...
  7. Macrium Free EXT4 file system backup AND RESTORE --OK

Macrium Free EXT4 file system backup AND RESTORE --OK: Hi there Those using things like NAS boxes / other servers with LINUX type OS's Macrium Reflect (current version - Free one I'm using) DOES backup Linux system Image (you don't need to CLONE) if file system is EXT4 - including Boot partition etc. It restores fine as...
  8. Macrium Relect, constant errors

Macrium Relect, constant errors: This has been going on for awhile. I'm using the free version (6.2). When it goes to backup, it's always coming up with the same error message. This is the error in the log. Backup Aborted! - Error reading Image file The last successful backup was on the 11th of this...
  9. Macrium Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Free: I just downloaded Macrium Reflect Free version 6.3. When I tried to backup my system disk that has two partitions, Windows Reserved and Windows itself, I go an error message saying, : MFT corrupt =6. Please run chkdsk /f. I did that several times on the disk with no...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect Free: Good Day All just curious if this looks right [img] the fourth section of my C: drive is all red meaning full (almost) is this normal Thanks in ADV for any info 97310