Windows 10: Macrium Rescue Drive and Backup in same Thumb Drive

Discus and support Macrium Rescue Drive and Backup in same Thumb Drive in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I want to have Macrium Rescue and windows backup in one pendrive. If I create two partition in my pendrive, first for rescue and other for keeping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by sam9, Dec 4, 2015.

1. sam9 Win User

Macrium Rescue Drive and Backup in same Thumb Drive

I want to have Macrium Rescue and windows backup in one pendrive. If I create two partition in my pendrive, first for rescue and other for keeping backup, is it possible. Because windows only recognize the first primary partition of the pendrive.

Sorry found the answer in my earlier threads. So this is closed now

:)

sam9, Dec 4, 2015

2. Error: Windows\system32\winload.exe

I upgraded my HP Pavilion g7 laptop to windows 10 from an original purchased windows 7. I am using Macrium Reflect to backup. I needed a new hard drive and purchased a WD. In Macrium, I used the "Image Disk" to my external hard drive. I created a Macrium
    rescue disk.

Put the rescue disk in the CD/DVD drive. Powered down, removed the battery, removed the old hard drive and installed the new one.

When I powered up, the disk drive spun and came up the error code: Oxc0000225 and the disk could not be accessed. The Macrium rescue disc would not load. I tried using an original Windows 7 disc and it would load either.

I am an older, intermediate user and don't know what to do. Please help!

BillNewAlbany, Dec 4, 2015
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    Total Back-up

The type of backup you are talking about is generally known as an 'Image copy" backup. The idea is you take a "snapshot", or image, of your current computer setup. That way, if there is a problem you can use the backup program to restore your computer
    from this backup to a "known good point". You save this backup to an external drive, is USB drive or (in the past, no so much anymore) burn it to DVD-R disks.

There are a number of paid and free backup tools. Macrium is one of the free one (I have used it in the past).

MACRIUM REFLECT BACKUP

2017 09 05
    https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/7363/macrium-re...

https://reflect.macrium.com/webtutorial/How_to_...

http://reflect.macrium.com/help/v5/how_to/rescu... - Create Rescue disk

Rohn007, Dec 4, 2015
Thema:

Macrium Rescue Drive and Backup in same Thumb Drive

1. Macrium Rescue Drive and Backup in same Thumb Drive - Similar Threads - Macrium Rescue Drive

2. Rescue Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rescue Drive: I am using "Create a recovery drive" in Windows 10When a Rescue Drive is created, looking at the image above, are the partitions with the red arrows copied to the rescue drive.I have already created my recovery drive. Please I don't need a lesson in creating a recovery drive,...
  3. External backup drive not recognised in Macrium rescue environment

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    External backup drive not recognised in Macrium rescue environment: I'm hoping someone can help. I am using macrium reflect (the free version, ver 7.2 build 4971), which I like except for some problems. Unfortunately Macrium does not allow help for free version users in their support forum. so I posted here on 10forums last week, before I...
  4. Problem Creating Macrium Rescue USB Flash Drive

Problem Creating Macrium Rescue USB Flash Drive: Each of the Flash Drives i have tried, it gives an error, or won't create on the Drive. PC is Uefi, Windows 10 Pro 1909 x64, Windows 10 Clean installed on 12/25/2019 on newer SSD drive. Tried to create the usb flash drive then, but wouldn't create. Thankfully i only restore...
  5. backup to usb thumb drives?

backup to usb thumb drives?: Is it possible to do backups to thumbdrives? If so, is it possible to do those backups with common backup apps such as macrim and/or AOMEI? If so what are the pros and cons? Windows 10 Pro 64 bit CPU: i7-4770k @350GHz Ram: 16GB Graphics: Radeon 580 8GB vram Winver 1903...
  6. USB drive suitability for Macrium Reflect Rescue media

USB drive suitability for Macrium Reflect Rescue media: Windows 10 ver. 1903 I want to make a rescue disk/bootable media in order to restore a Macrium Reflect disk image if disaster ever strikes. I have: 1. A usb thumbdrive with various folders and files. I'm not sure it's bootable. I don't want to lose the contents. 2. An...
  7. Is it good to backup the registry on a thumb drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it good to backup the registry on a thumb drive?: I am trying to learn the registry so it is essential I have a good backup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-good-to-backup-the-registry-on-a-thumb-drive/af194a36-c956-475a-98aa-9cc63e565e0f
  8. Macrium Rescue Drive vs Windows Recovery Drive

Macrium Rescue Drive vs Windows Recovery Drive: Is there any reason for me to create a Windows recovery USB drive if I already have a Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive and a set of solid images? If anything goes wrong I can always restore an image, so I’m not sure what additional protections a Windows recover drive would...
  9. Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive failure

Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive failure: Macrium rescue USB stick doesn't find the Precision Touchpad, rescue media loads without the cursor, I can not use the CD as my laptop doesn't have the DVD drive, any help is much appreciated. 68296
  10. Backup image on Macrium rescue pen drive

Backup image on Macrium rescue pen drive: Whether partitioning of pen drive is required to keep backup image on Macrium rescue pen drive? 27742