Windows 10: macrium rescue failed to see a USB-SSD

Discus and support macrium rescue failed to see a USB-SSD in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; i just restored a macrium image of the whole C:-drive. i had bought an SSD to make it run fast(er), but rescue-media was unable to see the SSD, so i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by zdoe, Jul 9, 2021.

1. zdoe Win User

macrium rescue failed to see a USB-SSD

i just restored a macrium image of the whole C:-drive. i had bought an SSD to make it run fast(er), but rescue-media was unable to see the SSD, so i ended up using the copy on a NAS. some 20 hours later the system is back up, but i'm wondering what went wrong. attached a screenshot. U:\ is the SSD, but backup on it was not seen. does the app want to see the add'l file it creates, "My Backup"?

:)

zdoe, Jul 9, 2021
  2. zdoe Win User

i just restored a macrium image of the whole C:-drive. i had bought an SSD to make it run fast(er), but rescue-media was unable to see the SSD, so i ended up using the copy on a NAS. some 20 hours later the system is back up, but i'm wondering what went wrong. attached a screenshot. U:\ is the SSD, but backup on it was not seen. does the app want to see the add'l file it creates, "My Backup"?

macrium rescue failed to see a USB-SSD [​IMG]

zdoe, Jul 9, 2021
  3. Migrating OS from a small SSD to a larger SSD

I would do this:

1. Use the free version of Macrium Reflect to create an image of drive C:. Park it on drive D:.
    2. Create an image of the EFI System Partition.
    3. Create a Macrium Reflect rescue flash disk.
    4. Disconnect the old SSD. Connect the new SSD.
    5. Boot the machine with the rescue flash disk.
    6. Restore the image to the new SSD.
    In case the machine refuses to boot, you might have to use the commands bcdedit.exe, bootrec.exe and bcdboot.exe to repair the boot environment. Since I rarely use these commands, I am unable to give you precise instructions on their use. If all fails you
    can reconnect the old SSD.

Frederik Long, Jul 9, 2021
  4. cereberus Win User

Macrium Rescue Media for 2 Computers on same USB

Strong chance it will just work.

You are aware you can create a boot menu option so you only need the usb drive if hard drive fails or gets badly corrupted (which usually means drive is failing anyway)?

Also you do not need to boot from Rescued Drive to make images.

cereberus, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

1. macrium rescue failed to see a USB-SSD - Similar Threads - macrium rescue failed

2. Issue with USB and Macrium reflect rescue media

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Issue with USB and Macrium reflect rescue media: I am trying to use some old USB drives for rescue media, but whether it is because they are usb 2.0 or some other reason, two of them so far do not work. When I try to boot to the media, it says "No OS found" or "operating system missing" (I can't remember the exact wording...
  3. Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot

Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot: Today I received a new Alienware r11 PC, UEFI Firmware. I created a Macrium Rescue USB but when I tried to boot from it the option wasn't available. I've disable Secure Boot but other then that I've done nothing to the firmware since this is my first UEFI PC. These are the...
  4. Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot: Today I received a new Alienware r11 PC, UEFI Firmware. I created a Macrium Rescue USB but when I tried to boot from it the option wasn't available. I've disable Secure Boot but other then that I've done nothing to the firmware since this is my first UEFI PC. These are the...
  5. USB 3.0 Support In Macrium Rescue Media

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3.0 Support In Macrium Rescue Media: I have an external USB 3.0 enclosure that I'd like to start using for some of my Macrium Backups. Macrium is able to access it when its run from within Windows10 but when I use the Macrium Boot Menu, a USB Rescue Drive, and also a bootable Macrium partition the USB 3.0...
  6. Boot Macrium Rescue from Internal SSD

Boot Macrium Rescue from Internal SSD: In addition to adding Macrium Recovery to my boot menu and having a bootable USB, I always set up a bootable partition on one of my HDs per this thread by @topgundep, FYI: Setup Macrium Rescue to boot from an Internal/External USB HD/SSD. It always worked flawlessly giving me...
  7. Macrium reflect rescue usb problem

Macrium reflect rescue usb problem: Though this belongs to Win 7 32 bit but I think people here may have answer to my problem. I created a Macrium USB pen drive (fat 16 formatted) but PC is not booting this pen drive and error comes up - operating system missing). PC first boot device is my pen drive. 28084
  8. Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive failure

Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive failure: Macrium rescue USB stick doesn't find the Precision Touchpad, rescue media loads without the cursor, I can not use the CD as my laptop doesn't have the DVD drive, any help is much appreciated. 68296
  9. Macrium: Rescue Media

Macrium: Rescue Media: Having turned to Macrium for daily backups, I have created a Rescue Media DVD. When testing to see if it would boot (as Macrium advise). I was unable to choose which of the options offered was correct. Attached is a clip of my boot menu with the DVD in its tray. Oddly, the...
  10. Macrium - Setup Macrium Rescue to boot from an Internal SSD

Macrium - Setup Macrium Rescue to boot from an Internal SSD: Hey Guys I was a poster on the SevenForums, but it appears that usernames and logins don't transfer from there? Anyhow ive registered a new account here to post my (hopefully simple) query: Ive just followed Brinks amazing Clean Install W10 without having to upgrade...