Windows 10: Macrium Rescue Media for 2 Computers on same USB

Discus and support Macrium Rescue Media for 2 Computers on same USB in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have two computers running Windows 10 x 64 Build 1909: Desktop MacBook Bootcamp The desktop is imaged using Macrium, with rescue media on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Golden, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Golden Win User

Macrium Rescue Media for 2 Computers on same USB

I have two computers running Windows 10 x 64 Build 1909:

• Desktop
    • MacBook Bootcamp

The desktop is imaged using Macrium, with rescue media on a bootable USB thumbdrive.

I also want to image the Windows 10 installation on the MacBook using Macrium, but would ideally like to use the same rescue USB thumbdrive.

Is this possible? What is the best method to achieve this?

:)

Golden, Feb 8, 2020
  2. Cliff S Win User

Macrium Reflect /rescue media

Creating rescue media - KnowledgeBase - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase

Cliff S, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Caramelo Win User
    How do I update the Macrium Rescue media

Win 10 ver 1903

I have Macrium Rescue media on a usb thumb drive, a dvd, and on the boot menu of my boot drive.

Macrium has a new recent update.

How do I update the rescue media on those 3 media that I listed?

Caramelo, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Stevekir Win User

Macrium: Rescue Media

a) Yes. I booted on "Sata 3 > UEFI: HL DT ...." It found my Macrium system backups xxx.mrimg I haven't yet completed booting up on it yet (to test it).

Macrium Reflect - Backup Restore - Windows 10 Forums

b) This tells how to use all Macrium backup and restore procedures. I recommend this to everyone using Macrium. Following dalchina's comment 3 (post no. 4) I have printed out, on paper, part 5 of it (on restore) because Kiri (the author) recommends for safety reasons restoring from within Macrium's Rescue Media rather than from within Windows, and obviously part 5 would not be available at that time if not on paper.

c) Another advantage of restoring from within Macrium's Rescue Media is that the confusing blue boot window does not appear and the only choice to be made is which of your Macrium backups you want to be restored.

d: dalchina asked "4. What's a Rescue Media Disk? unsure which you mean." I mistyped. I meant Macrium's "Rescue Media" which I have on a DVD.

e) I wrote in post 3: "5. I thought Macrium was easy to use." Yes it is. I was confused (not now I think) about what was on the my Rescue Media DVD and how to make my way through the geekery of the blue boot list.

f) However, I have always found boot lists (in a blue background, see post 1) very unfriendly. It would be good if software companies or Microsoft made them more friendly, like having a title for a start: "Macrium Rescue Media", and in the case of the first entry mentioning UEFI and Legacy stuff, something more intelligible to help with choosing the correct option. Not many average users even know what UEFI means, and average users often do have to tackle boot lists when restoring.

Stevekir, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Macrium Rescue Media for 2 Computers on same USB - Similar Threads - Macrium Rescue Media

2. Issue with USB and Macrium reflect rescue media

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Issue with USB and Macrium reflect rescue media: I am trying to use some old USB drives for rescue media, but whether it is because they are usb 2.0 or some other reason, two of them so far do not work. When I try to boot to the media, it says "No OS found" or "operating system missing" (I can't remember the exact wording...
  3. Macrium rescue media

Macrium rescue media: Hows everybody? I solved this in the past and cant recall exactly how I did it. The macrium rescue media tool cant detect the correct drivers for a usb 3.0 device. And this is win 7 era hardware. It says that winRE has built in support. Not. I had to install the drivers for...
  4. Macrium Free - Will one usb rescue media work with 2 computers?

Macrium Free - Will one usb rescue media work with 2 computers?: Hello I have 2 win 10 computers. One with a cd/dvd burner and one without. If I download Macrium Free to both - do I have to create rescue media for both - or can I create to usb only and use that for both if necessary? I recognize that both need to be able to boot from usb....
  5. USB 3.0 Support In Macrium Rescue Media

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3.0 Support In Macrium Rescue Media: I have an external USB 3.0 enclosure that I'd like to start using for some of my Macrium Backups. Macrium is able to access it when its run from within Windows10 but when I use the Macrium Boot Menu, a USB Rescue Drive, and also a bootable Macrium partition the USB 3.0...
  6. macrium rescue media

macrium rescue media: hi, I have installed a new external HDD for my backup image. Do I have to create a new rescue media? 113539
  7. Macrium Reflect /rescue media

Macrium Reflect /rescue media: Hi, Do I have to create a new rescue media (USB) for every Windows 10 machines I have, or is the first I created valid for all the others? 112784
  8. Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: Hi, I recently created a rescue media as I wanted to backup Windows 10 Fall creators update. After creating the rescue media to pen drive i backed up the partion of windows drive. What I noticed later that all my internal drives are now are removable or ejectable....
  9. Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: Hi i have a desktop PC with Windows 10 home. i have created the Macrium Reflect rescue media on USB. ( I have used it to restore images and works fine ). i have a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 Pro, i have created an image of the disc using Macrium Reflect and saved it...
  10. Macrium: Rescue Media

Macrium: Rescue Media: Having turned to Macrium for daily backups, I have created a Rescue Media DVD. When testing to see if it would boot (as Macrium advise). I was unable to choose which of the options offered was correct. Attached is a clip of my boot menu with the DVD in its tray. Oddly, the...