Windows 10: Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot

Discus and support Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Today I received a new Alienware r11 PC, UEFI Firmware. I created a Macrium Rescue USB but when I tried to boot from it the option wasn't available.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by SoFine409, Jul 17, 2020.

1. SoFine409 Win User

Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot

Today I received a new Alienware r11 PC, UEFI Firmware. I created a Macrium Rescue USB but when I tried to boot from it the option wasn't available. I've disable Secure Boot but other then that I've done nothing to the firmware since this is my first UEFI PC. These are the options that I see on the boot menu:

Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot [​IMG]

The contents of the Rescue USB looks like this:

Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot [​IMG]

If there something else that I need to change in the firmware to get the Rescue USB to boot?

:)

SoFine409, Jul 17, 2020
  2. Jerry8AB Win User

Macrium Boot Question

Macrium Boot Question

I use Windows 10 and a Macrium recovery program. My BIOS is set where the optical disk for CDs and DVDs are not set to recognize a CD/DVD disc as the first priority to boot from.

What are the steps I should take to make my Macrium Rescue Disk as being first to boot from?

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry8AB, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Cloned WIN10/64 Boot drive will not Boot! Boot volume stays OFFLINE

Rather than using the Macrium Reflect cloning process, I have had better success with this method:

1. Create an image of the old disk. Park it on an external disk.
    2. Create a Macrium Reflect USB rescue disk.
    3. Disconnect the old disk, connect the new disk.
    4. Boot the machine with the USB rescue disk.
    5. Restore the image onto the new disk.
    6. Boot the machine with only the new disk connected.

Frederik Long, Jul 17, 2020
  4. cereberus Win User

Macrium Rescue Media for 2 Computers on same USB

Strong chance it will just work.

You are aware you can create a boot menu option so you only need the usb drive if hard drive fails or gets badly corrupted (which usually means drive is failing anyway)?

Also you do not need to boot from Rescued Drive to make images.

cereberus, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot - Similar Threads - Macrium Rescue USB

2. macrium rescue failed to see a USB-SSD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    macrium rescue failed to see a USB-SSD: i just restored a macrium image of the whole C:-drive. i had bought an SSD to make it run fast(er), but rescue-media was unable to see the SSD, so i ended up using the copy on a NAS. some 20 hours later the system is back up, but i'm wondering what went wrong. attached a...
  3. Issue with USB and Macrium reflect rescue media

Issue with USB and Macrium reflect rescue media: I am trying to use some old USB drives for rescue media, but whether it is because they are usb 2.0 or some other reason, two of them so far do not work. When I try to boot to the media, it says "No OS found" or "operating system missing" (I can't remember the exact wording...
  4. Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot: Today I received a new Alienware r11 PC, UEFI Firmware. I created a Macrium Rescue USB but when I tried to boot from it the option wasn't available. I've disable Secure Boot but other then that I've done nothing to the firmware since this is my first UEFI PC. These are the...
  5. Macrium Reflect Free 7 64-bit rescue USB drive won't boot

Macrium Reflect Free 7 64-bit rescue USB drive won't boot: I have an old Thinkpad SL510. I did a clean install of Windows 10 on it. I installed Macrium Reflect 7 Free and did a image backup. I also created a rescue USB drive. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to boot into this 64-bit USB rescue drive. I had created a...
  6. Macrium reflect rescue usb problem

Macrium reflect rescue usb problem: Though this belongs to Win 7 32 bit but I think people here may have answer to my problem. I created a Macrium USB pen drive (fat 16 formatted) but PC is not booting this pen drive and error comes up - operating system missing). PC first boot device is my pen drive. 28084
  7. Rescue Medial for Macrium won't bott up

Rescue Medial for Macrium won't bott up: I installed Macrium Reflect software, did a backup, then created the Rescue Media in a USB Flash Drive. Changed Temp Startup Menu to boot from "Generic USB Flash Drive" and attempt to reboot. Laptop almost immediately comes back with a message that "operatV2.0system" not...
  8. Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive failure

Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive failure: Macrium rescue USB stick doesn't find the Precision Touchpad, rescue media loads without the cursor, I can not use the CD as my laptop doesn't have the DVD drive, any help is much appreciated. 68296
  9. Macrium - Setup Macrium Rescue to boot from an Internal SSD

Macrium - Setup Macrium Rescue to boot from an Internal SSD: Hey Guys I was a poster on the SevenForums, but it appears that usernames and logins don't transfer from there? Anyhow ive registered a new account here to post my (hopefully simple) query: Ive just followed Brinks amazing Clean Install W10 without having to upgrade...
  10. Can't Boot to Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Can't Boot to Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: I installed Macrium Reflect so that I could create rescue media and disk images. My computer will not boot from the rescue media that I created. The creation seemed to go fine, all the appropriate files seem to be there. The rescue USB shows up in my bios boot list third...