Windows 10: Macrium Restore clone problem

Discus and support Macrium Restore clone problem in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I'm tryingto clone an internal HDD to an external USB HDD and I keep getting this error message. Can anyone help resolve the problem please? [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by canuck257, Dec 7, 2019.

1. canuck257 Win User

Macrium Restore clone problem

I'm tryingto clone an internal HDD to an external USB HDD and I keep getting this error message. Can anyone help resolve the problem please?

Macrium Restore clone problem [​IMG]

Win 10 Pro. Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

:)

canuck257, Dec 7, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Johannes Win User
    Problem with cloning using macrium

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, I tried to make an image of my system, but it does not let me choose the external hard Drive.
    It has 644 gigabyte free space.
    It did not give the option to choose the external Hard Drive.

Johannes, Dec 7, 2019
  4. cereberus Win User

cloning (not imaging) speed -- Macrium vs DD

Semantics.

A clone directly copies a disk to another one without any intermediate step involved.

That is not how FFU works as far as I can tell. You still create an image file which you deploy to a new drive.

FFU is sort of halfway between imaging and cloning as the the image is more a sector by sector copy.

However, in the end it still needs two steps to clone to new drive, and this is more like Macrium backup and restore.

Unless I am mistaken, I cannot see a way to capture data on one drive and SIMULTANEOUSLY deploy it to a new drive which is exactly what Macrium Reflect does when cloning.

In the end, it does not matter except you have to be careful about comparing oranges and apples as you need to take all steps into account when comparing speeds.

As an aside, Reflect's Rapid Delta Cloning (not free version) is awesomely fast if you have an existing clone, and you re-clone provided extent of changes do not involve a build upgrade.

cereberus, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Macrium Restore clone problem - Similar Threads - Macrium Restore clone

2. Restore Problem Using Macrium

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Problem Using Macrium: I can backup my system just fine using Macrium. However, when I try to restore it, I encounter all kinds of problems. I have attached screenshots of these issues. I honestly don't know how to fix them, and any help would be most appreciated. I am running Windows version 20H2...
  3. cloning with Macrium

cloning with Macrium: I am trying to clone a small drive in an old laptop to a larger drive for the extra storage I have used just a straight clone onto an unallocated disk , formatting the disk with exfat deleting the volumes so that the disk becomes empty and even tried it with the disk marked...
  4. cloning with Macrium

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cloning with Macrium: I am trying to clone a small drive in an old laptop to a larger drive for the extra storage I have used just a straight clone onto an unallocated disk , formatting the disk with exfat deleting the volumes so that the disk becomes empty and even tried it with the disk marked...
  5. Clone and Restore with Macrium Reflect - question

Clone and Restore with Macrium Reflect - question: Macrium Reflect is used in Win 10 to periodically clone the C: drive HD partitions to a separate backup HD. When sometime ago there was a problem with the existing C: drive (Win 10 1803), the first remedy method tried was to boot the system from the Reflect recovery optical...
  6. Problems With Macrium Restore

Problems With Macrium Restore: I have used Macrium for quite a while and been very pleased. However, lately I cannot run a restore successfully. I can backup my drive just fine. But when I try to run a restore, the error Oc000000F comes up instead. This is following the install of the latest Windows...
  7. Problems With Macrium Restore

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems With Macrium Restore: I have used Macrium for quite a while and been very pleased. However, lately I cannot run a restore successfully. I can backup my drive just fine. But when I try to run a restore, the error Oc000000F comes up instead. This is following the install of the latest Windows...
  8. Macrium Reflect clone bootable & Paragon Adaptive Restore

Macrium Reflect clone bootable & Paragon Adaptive Restore: System is on W10 Pro ver 1903. Using Macrium Reflect free ver 7.2 and used clone. But it checks for 2 partitions, the System Reserved and the NTFS C: , not for an entire disk. Then found the clone ( from 500 GB HDD to 500 GB HDD) won't boot, probably due to the same issue...
  9. Problem with cloning using macrium

Problem with cloning using macrium: I downloaded the Macrium version 6.1.1081 and created the rescue disk. I started the process of cloning to my external drive, but it stated it would overwrite the drive. I have back-ups from my old PC's on that external drive that I want to keep. Can I first clone the PC...
  10. Macrium Clone Problem

Macrium Clone Problem: Hello friends at TenForums, After cloning my Windows 10 drive with Macrium, my PC goes directly to bios. Windows will not boot unless I manually select the drive after bios starts. Attached is a photo of disk manager showing the disk in question with 3 partitions. I tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problems macrium reflect free with windows 10 1909