Windows 10: Macrium restore failed: Error 100

Discus and support Macrium restore failed: Error 100 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi guys, since a few month I run Macrium Reflect Home v7.2.x (paid version) and run daily back ups, but until yesterday I never had to restore an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by win10trial, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Macrium restore failed: Error 100

Hi guys, since a few month I run Macrium Reflect Home v7.2.x (paid version) and run daily back ups, but until yesterday I never had to restore an image.
    However, yesterday an update for my vpn client messed things up (solved now), so I had to restore an image.
    It did not succeed though: it resulted in "Error 100".
    (I bought a license from someone else, so I can't get support from Macrium directly.)

So now I'm stuck. And having to 'upgrade' to 1903 or 1909 in the near future, being able to restore a good image is a must, isn't it?

Macrium restore failed: Error 100 [​IMG]

My rig: Windows 10 Pro 1809 x64 desktop with 3 internal drives:
    1. GPT1 with Windows 10 partition (CMacrium restore failed: Error 100 :) and a data only partition (DMacrium restore failed: Error 100 :)
    2. GPT2 for back ups (BMacrium restore failed: Error 100 :)
    3. MBR with Windows 7 Pro

What I don't understand, is why Macrium 'sees' the image file on GPT2(BMacrium restore failed: Error 100 :) but shows both 'Source: GPT1' and 'Destination: GPT1' (instead of 'Source: GPT2')??
    (Or is that because Macrium defines 'source' as where the image originates from?)

Again: image file on GPT2(BMacrium restore failed: Error 100 :) but both Source and Destination: GPT1.

Step 'Run from Windows PE'.

Resulting in 'Error 100' and notification "Searching for marker file...", "Not found".

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, TJ

:)

win10trial, Dec 16, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Dec 16, 2019
  3. TrustMe Win User
    Macrium Reflect Restore Error

When trying to restore an image of Macrium Reflect I received this error "The handle is invalid" Restore Failed 22 and Read Failed invalid argument 32. I did a Google search on both errors and did not find much. On one thread someone suggested to move the image file to a different location. I placed the image on a different portable drive and received the same error messages. I also checked the integrity of the image and it was good.

I ended up doing a clean install. After setting everything up the way I like, I backed up the drive again with Macrium Reflect. I received the same errors when trying to restore. Does anyone know what might be causing these error messages?

TrustMe, Dec 16, 2019
  4. chideock Win User

Macrium restore failed: Error 100

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Macrium restore failed: Error 100

1. Macrium restore failed: Error 100 - Similar Threads - Macrium restore failed

2. Free Macrium Reflect fails to restore the Windows 1mage

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Free Macrium Reflect fails to restore the Windows 1mage: I use Macrium Reflect on my ASUS Laptop with Windows 10 Home version 20H2. Recently I tried to restore an earlier Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Image with Macrium Reflect on my Laptop but the restoration failed several times and I got the following message. Otherwise my Laptop...
  3. Macrium Reflect laptop restore fails

Macrium Reflect laptop restore fails: Hello, This is my first post. thanks in advance for any help. My problem is I made an image backup of my laptop and later did an image restore. No errors were indicated in the create or restore. However after the restore completed, the laptop would not boot. It went straight...
  4. Problems With Macrium Restore

Problems With Macrium Restore: I have used Macrium for quite a while and been very pleased. However, lately I cannot run a restore successfully. I can backup my drive just fine. But when I try to run a restore, the error Oc000000F comes up instead. This is following the install of the latest Windows...
  5. Problems With Macrium Restore

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems With Macrium Restore: I have used Macrium for quite a while and been very pleased. However, lately I cannot run a restore successfully. I can backup my drive just fine. But when I try to run a restore, the error Oc000000F comes up instead. This is following the install of the latest Windows...
  6. Macrium: trial restore?

Macrium: trial restore?: So far I've never had to restore an image and I'm not brave enough to wipe my OS as an experiment. But I have plenty of disk capacity, either on my internal 4 TB D or one of my external USB drives. So as a second-best is it possible to restore my OS disk C image (135 GB) to...
  7. Macrium Restore Image

Macrium Restore Image: I just performed a clean install from 1809 ISO saved the MR image of the clean install to my ext. USB HD and 64GB 3.0 flash drive. This morning I tested the clean install from the flash drive, MR went through all the image restore set up then I received an error message...
  8. Macrium Reflect Restoring a Failed HD Image

Macrium Reflect Restoring a Failed HD Image: I have been finding my way. While I can navigate through my original file tree in the image I am now inferring that I cannot directly extract portions of it, say my User files. Restoring an image is an all or nothing proposition?. Is this correct? If so I am thinking...
  9. Macrium Reflect Restore Error

Macrium Reflect Restore Error: When trying to restore an image of Macrium Reflect I received this error "The handle is invalid" Restore Failed 22 and Read Failed invalid argument 32. I did a Google search on both errors and did not find much. On one thread someone suggested to move the image file to a...
  10. Backup & Restore with Macrium

Backup & Restore with Macrium: Hello, Thanks for the answers. Searching I found this long explanation which made me more confused http://www.everydaylinuxuser.com/201...-way-with.html and I have lot of questions since, 1. Have one full instl. file "reflect_setup_free_x86(6.1.1081).exe size 39.502...