Windows 10: Macrium scheduled backup tasks start hours late or not at all

Discus and support Macrium scheduled backup tasks start hours late or not at all in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have Macrium Reflect 7.2 (free) running on Windows 10 version 20H2. I have two scheduled tasks: a monthly full backup at 1:00 a.m. on the 2nd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by OsakaWebbie, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Macrium scheduled backup tasks start hours late or not at all

I have Macrium Reflect 7.2 (free) running on Windows 10 version 20H2. I have two scheduled tasks: a monthly full backup at 1:00 a.m. on the 2nd Thursday of the month, and a weekly differential at 1:00 a.m. every Sunday. They were working reliably and on time until six months ago. After that, they have almost never started at their scheduled time (it's possible that the only times they did, I was up late still using my computer). Occasionally they even run on an entirely different day, or fail, or sometimes just skip altogether. Attached is the log file listing with each date opened so you can see the times. As you can see, the problem started 12/13/2020. Frequently I am actively using my computer (and have been for hours) when the notice pops up saying the backup is about to run. I have also attached a screenshot of my schedule, showing the settings for the differential backup. As you can see, I do allow Macrium to wake up the computer, which is powered on 24/7 and plugged into AC. As far as I can remember I have not changed settings. I don't remember if an update to either Macrium or Windows coincided with the change in behavior, but I know it wasn't 20H2, because that update was recent. Any thoughts?

:)

OsakaWebbie, Jun 7, 2021

2. Macrium scheduled backup tasks start hours late or not at all

I have Macrium Reflect 7.2 (free) running on Windows 10 version 20H2. I have two scheduled tasks: a monthly full backup at 1:00 a.m. on the 2nd Thursday of the month, and a weekly differential at 1:00 a.m. every Sunday. They were working reliably and on time until six months ago. After that, they have almost never started at their scheduled time (it's possible that the only times they did, I was up late still using my computer). Occasionally they even run on an entirely different day, or fail, or sometimes just skip altogether. Attached is the log file listing with each date opened so you can see the times. As you can see, the problem started 12/13/2020. Frequently I am actively using my computer (and have been for hours) when the notice pops up saying the backup is about to run.

I have also attached a screenshot of my schedule, showing the settings for the differential backup. As you can see, I do allow Macrium to wake up the computer, which is powered on 24/7 and plugged into AC. As far as I can remember I have not changed settings. I don't remember if an update to either Macrium or Windows coincided with the change in behavior, but I know it wasn't 20H2, because that update was recent. Any thoughts?

OsakaWebbie, Jun 7, 2021
  3. Macrium scheduled backup tasks start hours late or not at all

Okay, I did that (and allowed it to convert to the new Macrium Task Scheduler). I'll report back on Thursday or next Sunday how it performed.

OsakaWebbie, Jun 7, 2021
  4. ssbtech Win User

Macrium scheduled backup tasks start hours late or not at all

Macrium Scheduled Backups Broken with Anniversary Update

I use Macrium Reflect V5 to automate my backups. Thank god I had done a manual backup before Creators update because CU bricked my PC and I had to restore from the image.

Anyway, I say manual backup because on March 10, Microsoft forced upon me the Anniversary Update which resulted in the scheduled tasks in Macrium Reflect being broken.

1) Why is Microsoft forcing these damaging updates on us?

2) How can I get my Macrium scheduled backups to run properly? I've uninstalled, reinstalled, recreated all my backup schedules and nothing works.

This is ridiculous. I'm half tempted to go find myself a copy of Enterprise LTSB. I won't make use of the bloatware MS sticks in new builds, so there's no sense in having them forced on me. STOP IT!

ssbtech, Jun 7, 2021
Thema:

Macrium scheduled backup tasks start hours late or not at all

1. Macrium scheduled backup tasks start hours late or not at all - Similar Threads - Macrium scheduled backup

2. Task Scheduler doesn't start task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler doesn't start task: I use FreeFileSync to backup my NAS to a USB drive. The batch file runs when I manually start it by double clicking on the batch file. Per FreeFileSync instructions I put "C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe" in the "Program/Script: field" and "C:\FreeFileSync...
  3. Scheduled tasks start 6 hours late

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scheduled tasks start 6 hours late: Issue: Two scheduled tasks set to start at 11:30pm both started at 5:30am, the next morning. Looking for a reason why this might happen. Perhaps something related to time zones?Background:This is regarding the home version of W10.I have two scheduled tasks. FYI they make...
  4. Can Macrium Reflect "miss" a scheduled backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can Macrium Reflect "miss" a scheduled backup?: I am using one of the "canned" backup definitions: Full backup at 9 AM on the first Monday of every month Differential backup at 9 AM every Monday of every week Incremental backup at 9 AM every Monday...Sunday The last full backup should have been done on Monday April 4, but...
  5. Hourly Chime with Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Hourly Chime with Task Scheduler: I have been trying to setup an hourly chime sound to stop my Logitech Z906 sound system from switching off when no activity on my computer. I copied this program that someone had used but cannot get it working on Task Scheduler.. Option Explicit Dim sound : sound =...
  6. Task Scheduler late

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler late: Task Scheduler is not running tasks on time, how to fix? I have checked BIOS and the system clock and PC clock have same time. 126577
  7. Scheduled Tasks that run every hour

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduled Tasks that run every hour: I notice that there are several tasks that are scheduled to run every day every hour. Most notably HP, Epson, & GoogleUpdateTaskMachine. This seems a little excessive & I wonder if anyone feels this should be changed to once a week or something similar, without causing any...
  8. Task Scheduler is not starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler is not starting: Whenever I try to start Task Scheduler, it always brings me to an error. It says, "The Task Scheduler service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in us by other services or programs. I need to start this, so I can...
  9. How Reliable is Macrium Reflect Backup Scheduling?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How Reliable is Macrium Reflect Backup Scheduling?: I've configured Reflect to automatically run full and differential backups to two drives as shown in the enclosed Reflect status report. [img] The report says the last " full system backup to usb hdd" was run on 14/11/16 and was successful. However when I look at the file...
  10. Task Scheduler Will Not Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler Will Not Start: Hey everyone, Have an issue with task scheduler not stating which is causing issues with say Nvidia Geforce Experience not starting as it requires it to update. When I try to start it from services I get that error. [img] When I try to launch the task scheduler...