Windows 10: Macrium speed pretty impressive these days

Discus and support Macrium speed pretty impressive these days in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi there I Have windows installed on a 230 GB SSD - windows size roughly 80 GB which images to 53 GB according to the Macrium screenshot. Imaged to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jimbo45, Feb 6, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Macrium speed pretty impressive these days

Hi there

I Have windows installed on a 230 GB SSD - windows size roughly 80 GB which images to 53 GB according to the Macrium screenshot.

Imaged to external USB 3 3TB (Toshiba passport self powered type of drive) from standard HP Envy laptop with i5 cpu.

11 Mins - so why people never backup is really beyond me -- the laptop I was backing up isn't by any means top of the range either and the i5 in the laptop is one of the earlier cpu's of that vintage too.

Macrium speed pretty impressive these days [​IMG]

OK having system installed on an SSD helps (the price of 230 GB or so SSD's has dropped to almost nothing (or around 40 EUR) so it makes sense even on old computers to install an SSD for the OS -- in fact performance gain will be noticed much more on older hardware anyway.

If people can't spare around 15 mins to backup their systems regularly with decent FREE reliable software then can they really expect people to go over backwards to fix their machines !!!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 6, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 6, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium speed pretty impressive these days [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Feb 6, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

I'm having trouble with Macrium Reflect tutorial.

Strongly suggest you watch some youtube videos on Macrium and follow them step by step, making sure they are current.

Also make sure you have the manual to hand, and use the extensive help provided with the product.

dalchina, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Macrium speed pretty impressive these days - Similar Threads - Macrium speed pretty

2. Co-pilot Impresses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Co-pilot Impresses: I decided to try a wee experiment with Co-pilot. The result honestly was quite impressive... Even 'sounds' as I actually would.Selecting "Compose", I submitted the following:Why it is so rewarding taking my Therapy Dog to visit at facilities or work at special events?This was...
  3. BSOD pretty much every day, randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD pretty much every day, randomly: I have been having issues with a BSOD for a few months. Originally it was periodically and I ran some scans and updated drivers and even replaced one of my hard drives that was at end of life not the C drive, which is a year old. I am still having issues, pretty much every...
  4. Speed of Macrium backup using rescue media vs Macrium in win 10?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Speed of Macrium backup using rescue media vs Macrium in win 10?: I have done macrium reflect full backup in my windows 10 and it requires many hours to complete. Has anyone done a comparision of how much faster would it be if you do a macrium reflect full backup (whole windows 10 system and data) by using a rescue media vs doing a macrium...
  5. cloning (not imaging) speed -- Macrium vs DD

cloning (not imaging) speed -- Macrium vs DD: Hi folks I'm talking about Cloning here not imaging which is a separate methodology and Macrium does perfectly with it (both performance and reliability wise). However on Cloning Macrium performs rather worse on Windows than using DD on most Linux systems fairly...
  6. Strange Write Speed in Macrium Reflect Free

Strange Write Speed in Macrium Reflect Free: i have Macrium Reflect Free and im doing a full backup for my Windows 10 Intsall i have My windows 10 Installed on my Sansung 850 SSD and also I have 3 hdd Drives 1 -4 tb Western Digital black 2-2 tb Western digital black 3-2 tb Western digital black i did 3 backups For my...
  7. Impressed so far

in Windows 10 Support
    Impressed so far: The upgrade had a hiccup but I've been very pleased with Windows 10 so far My observations ... All programs and hardware work with no modifications (was running 8.1) Full screen apps are manageable from standard PC desktop Like the new UI style, multiple desktops, task...
  8. impressed! but questions

in Windows 10 Support
    impressed! but questions: just downloaded the free upgrade from win 8.1 to 10, from install of losing the desktop to getting it back in win 10 only took 22 mins! I like edge browser but how do I get extensions? I read somewhere that they where compatible with chrome extensions however when I go...
  9. Windows 10 Impressions

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Impressions: FYI: I write long posts. If you want short posts, hang out over in Twitter Land. I am also using a touchscreen laptop and own a smartphone. I don't have a need for a tablet, personally. All in all I'm pleased with the direction of Windows 10. We have more optimization for...
  10. My First Impression

in Windows 10 Support
    My First Impression: NNOOOOO!!!!!!! Okay, that's the short answer. I get that a lot of people wanted a "start menu", but why take away the Start Screen and replace it with the box next to the menu ?? Granted, it didn't take me long to sort out how to add / remove tiles from it, but now I'm...