Windows 10: macrium....unable to drag drop partitions to target drive

Discus and support macrium....unable to drag drop partitions to target drive in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I am following directions to clone hdd to external backup using Macrium but am unable to drag and drop partitions to target drive see below... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by provlima, Mar 5, 2018.

1. provlima Win User

macrium....unable to drag drop partitions to target drive

I am following directions to clone hdd to external backup using Macrium but am unable to drag and drop partitions to target drive
    see below capture...am I missing a step?
    thanks for your help

:)

provlima, Mar 5, 2018

2. File copy from 1 drive to another

Unable to drag/drop or copy/paste a file in C; to a folder in F:

Get the message that the file is too big for the destination file. The file is 4 GB and the target drive is 32 GB.

What's the problem?

grmyers101, Mar 5, 2018
  3. Creating a System Image

Did you use Windows imaging or a more flexible app like
    Macrium Reflect

which lets you reinstall anywhere on the drive or to a replacement hard drive? With Windows imaging there is one setting that lets you either include all partitions or only the imaged ones exactly where they were on the original drive.

With Macrium you can drag the needed partitions to the backup, then later drag them onto the target drive and place them where you want them, click the link that appears underneath each to use a slider to resize each to any size you want.

When you get a chance please
    Post a screenshot of Disk Mgmt
    so we can look over the disk configuration. We read these like a doctor reads Xrays and can spot possible problems before they occur.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Mar 5, 2018
  4. Word Man Win User

Don't see if you clicked clone or image. Clone would go to an empty drive. Make sure you understand the difference between cloning and imaging. Here is a Macrium Knowledge Base article on cloning, step-by-step: https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/di...Cloning+a+disk See Step 4, in particular.

Word Man, Mar 5, 2018
  5. fireberd Win User
    I recently used Macrium Reflect V7 free to clone an SSD to another SSD. I didn't have to drag and drop anything.
    Just click on "Clone this disk" and then in the next step select the drive you want for the destination clone.

macrium....unable to drag drop partitions to target drive [​IMG]

fireberd, Mar 6, 2018
  6. CountMike New Member
    Use check boxes, there's no drag and drop in MR.

CountMike, Mar 7, 2018
  7. topgundcp Win User
    There's some confusion about cloning and copying:
    On the first screen, select backup tab, click on "Clone this disk" then select the Destination Disk
    On second screen. If you drag and drop the partition(s) from the Source disk to Destination disk, you are copying the partition(s)
    On third screen, If you check/uncheck on the partition(s), you are cloning the partition(s)

Copying
    using drag and drop will put the partition(s) next to each other

Cloning using check/uncheck on the partition(s) will put the partition(s) at the same location(s) as the source

topgundcp, Mar 7, 2018
  8. cereberus Win User

Sure there is. See @topgundcp reply.

cereberus, Mar 7, 2018
  9. Word Man Win User
    As well as the Macrium knowledge base article linked above that.

Word Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. macrium....unable to drag drop partitions to target drive - Similar Threads - macrium unable drag

2. File Drag & Drop Between Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Drag & Drop Between Drives: How do I disable the feature that leaves a copy of the file on the source drive when dragging to another drive? Dragging a file to another folder on the same drive moves it to the new location while dragging a file from drive 1 to drive 2 puts a copy on both drives....
  3. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and drop: Why i Can't use drag and drop in windows 11?? It is so annoying, i think i have to go back to windows 10.For development work it is really bad for user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/85e7b545-2642-4278-b569-418ba70cc539
  4. Can only drag/drop ONE partition in Macrium 7...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can only drag/drop ONE partition in Macrium 7...: What do I do wrong? Can only drag/drop ONE partition in Macrium 7 to make a clone of my drives... Strange? Can you guys help me? 181710
  5. Can only drag/drop ONE partition in Macrium 7...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can only drag/drop ONE partition in Macrium 7...: What do I do wrong? Can only drag/drop ONE partition in Macrium 7 to make a clone of my drives... Strange? Can you guys help me? 181710
  6. Opaque rectangle when dragging and dropping - can't see target - 20H2

in Windows 10 Support
    Opaque rectangle when dragging and dropping - can't see target - 20H2: Hi, since 'upgrading' from 1903 to 20H2, I've encoutered a few disadvantages. Yesterday I came across another. Win 1903 when dragging and dropping a file I'd been able to see the target quite easily. Now the target is obscured, whether by a rectangle with an icon reflecting...
  7. Target directory expands when using drag and drop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Target directory expands when using drag and drop: Ordinarily, this isn't a problem, but I am moving a lot of files at this time. I drag the file over to the target, and often, just as I turn loose of the mouse button the target directory expands and my file lands in one of the subdirectories. I then waste time trying to...
  8. Drag and Drop with no Drive Letter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Drag and Drop with no Drive Letter: I have an flash drive which I use to store personal data and as such I’ve unassigned the drive letter so it doesn’t appear in file explorer. Currently using the volume’s GUID to access the drive via a batch file. So far it’s working fine, but one thing I’ve noticed is that I...
  9. Unable to drag and drop files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to drag and drop files: I use MacOS Catalina 10.15. and have an issue with drag and drop files into the OneDrive sidebar folder in Finder. I've given access to my entire disk in Security & Privacy, but it still won't work. Any suggestions?...
  10. Unable to Drag-And-Drop in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Drag-And-Drop in Explorer: I find I'm unable to drag an drop in Explorer. For instance, when I want to extract a file from a zip file I drag to the folder and drop it but it doesn't get placed in the folder. This occurs with any drag and drop procedure. I am however able to copy and paste....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot