Windows 10: Macrium VSS Windows 10 and frustrated beyond belief

Discus and support Macrium VSS Windows 10 and frustrated beyond belief in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Is there any absolute fix for the Macrium Reflect VSS issue that they must know plaques the free and assuming the paid version. I have been looking for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Chuckybuck, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Macrium VSS Windows 10 and frustrated beyond belief

Is there any absolute fix for the Macrium Reflect VSS issue that they must know plaques the free and assuming the paid version. I have been looking for a method for imaging the windows partition on my system for a while. I don't buy software till I know it works and everything I have attempted will not fully function with the imaging process on the trials. Macrium I like but everywhere I have looked to fix the VSS issue is like everyone has a different problem and there seems to be a million fixes. You can spend weeks going through all of the fixes and never get to the root.

Most forums or people you speak too either have no clue or think they know more than they do. I do not claim to be the smartest in the building but eager to learn and can admit when I don't know which is why I stopped by. If no one knows is there somewhere you can point me to.

When did the days go away where you could try software fully before you buy it. If this is the norm I am starting to understand why people pirate software more and more.

Starting Image - Sunday, June 21, 2020 13:02:41
    Initializing
    Write Method: Using File System Cache
    Destination Drive: Storage (MMacrium VSS Windows 10 and frustrated beyond belief :) - Free Space 10.57 TB
    Free space threshold: Delete oldest backup sets when free space is less than 5.00 GB

Creating Volume Snapshot - Please Wait
    Failed: Failed - 0x8004230f - IDispatch error #8463 - Retrying without VSS Writers
    ERROR: COM call "m_pVssObject->AddToSnapshotSet((LPWSTR)volume.c_str(), GUID_NULL, &SnapshotID)" failed.
    - Returned HRESULT = 0x8004230f
    - Error text: VSS_E_UNEXPECTED_PROVIDER_ERROR
    ERROR: COM call "m_pVssObject->BackupComplete(&pAsync)" failed.
    - Returned HRESULT = 0x80042301
    - Error text: VSS_E_BAD_STATE
    ERROR: COM call "m_pVssObject->AddToSnapshotSet((LPWSTR)volume.c_str(), GUID_NULL, &SnapshotID)" failed.
    - Returned HRESULT = 0x8004230f
    - Error text: VSS_E_UNEXPECTED_PROVIDER_ERROR
    Gathering Windows Events - Please Wait

OS NameMicrosoft Windows 10 Prox64
    Version10.0.18363 Build 18363

:)

Chuckybuck, Jun 21, 2020

2. Frustration beyond belief

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I would appreciate, if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better?

• Are you getting any error message / error code on your screen?
    I would suggest you to follow steps provided by Andre Da Costa from the link given below and check.

Refer:

How to: A list of things to do if Windows 10
    Setup fails.

How to: Troubleshoot common Setup and Stop Errors
    during Windows 10 Installation

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Jun 21, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Failed to Create Volume Snapshot Macrium Error 0x8004230f VSS Error

Hi, you might try this:
    Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) Troubleshooting - Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) Troubleshooting

or the free cautious repair tool
    Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free/Pro
    - observing the steps and using only the relevant repairs

More:
    How to Fix VSS Errors Step-by-Step

Otherwise I suggest- assuming your disk and file system are sound-
    an in-place upgrade repair install which keeps all progs, data and most settings

You need an iso of the same base language and build- freely downloadable.

dalchina, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Macrium VSS Windows 10 and frustrated beyond belief

Obtaining error code 0x8000ffff retrying without VSS writers from Partition Copy Macrium reflect

Windows event View shows multiple errors

Microsoft Windows Cap 12 Event ID 513

SQLVDI Event code 1

SQLVDI Event code 1

SqlWriter Event code 24582

Microsoft windows Cap 12

Curiously Macrium reflect completes the partition copy "without VSS writers", and it appear to be ok.

I am running Windows 10. I had previously deleted SQL version 8 as it was incompatible with ACT. Is this a possible cause of the errors?

I turned on windows File Backup, ( previously off), reset and errors are unchanged. File Backup seems to work fine.

At this point I am lost. My technical skill levels don't cover this..

Thanks

Further comment. All these SQL and VSS errors went away with a reformat and new install of windows. and Macrium Reflect performed as advertised with no errors. (Unfortunately the reformat also killed many programs authorization codes, including that of Memeo).

When I re-installed my now converted to a trial copy of the windows 8 version of Memeo backup, the VSS errors returned. I presume it grabs the VSS related software. I assume the windows 10 version does the same, even if it is a "new engine".

Now I am wondering if Microsoft File Save feature would fulfill the same function without conflicting creating VSS errors. It saves files once an hour versus the instant save of Memeo.

Still looking for comments and advice.

Thanks

LawrenceMotley, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Macrium VSS Windows 10 and frustrated beyond belief

1. Macrium VSS Windows 10 and frustrated beyond belief - Similar Threads - Macrium VSS frustrated

2. I am frustrated. Beyond. Belief.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I am frustrated. Beyond. Belief.: Need I say more than error 0x8007001F while installing Minecraft? I think not. I've tried everything, to the point where I even wiped my hard drive. I've just about had it....
  3. I am frustrated. Beyond. Belief.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am frustrated. Beyond. Belief.: Need I say more than error 0x8007001F while installing Minecraft? I think not. I've tried everything, to the point where I even wiped my hard drive. I've just about had it....
  4. I am frustrated. Beyond. Belief.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I am BEYOND frustrated with the screen dimming "feature"

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am BEYOND frustrated with the screen dimming "feature": First of all: No it's not because of the power settings. No matter what power settings I change, there's no difference. Also, it doesn't help when I go into the device manager and disable the control method battery, and my task scheduler doesn't have a display option under...
  6. New laptop, D drive is read only, beyond frustrated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New laptop, D drive is read only, beyond frustrated: My new laptop has a 256 ssd C drive and 1TB hdd D drive. Whenever I try to save larger apps to D drive I am told the drive is read only. I have scoured the internet for days and nothing is working. I can not for the life of me make my D drive writable. It's probably...
  7. Help With Macrium Reflect - VSS Errors

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Help With Macrium Reflect - VSS Errors: Hi, All of a sudden I started getting VSS errors in Macrium Reflect. They have utilities VSSFix which I ran. I made sure the Volume Shadow Copy service is running, restarted it. Uninstalled Acronis and Veracrypt - not sure if related. My drive is Bitlocker encrypted but it...
  8. Windows 10 and Onedrive, beyond frustrated. Help please!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 and Onedrive, beyond frustrated. Help please!!: HELP PLEASE!! This is more to get the attention of a tech who works for Microsoft or whomever, but I had to let this all out. I can't begin to tell you how frustrated and upset I am. I am no techie, and I've spent the last 2 weeks going from one Windows 10 issue to another....
  9. Macrium VSS problem (again new build 1607 with updates)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium VSS problem (again new build 1607 with updates): Hi there The latest batch of Windows updates on latest build 1607 seems to be causing me a few problems Latest one -- VSS fails when running Macrium -- although backup seems to continue successfully. Should I just ignore the error. [img] After taking the...
  10. Windows 10 frustration

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 frustration: I started my computer today and the computer was starting up and a light blue screen popped up titled "Choose an option" Continue-Exit and continue to windows 10 Use another operating system Troubleshoot Turn off PC The only problem is when I get to this screen I have...