Windows 10: Macrium: When do I need to re-create bootable rescue media?

Discus and support Macrium: When do I need to re-create bootable rescue media? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I see there is a Macrium 7.3 update available (5672). 1. I read here that some Macrium changes require rebuilding the bootable rescue media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by tunnel99, Mar 6, 2021.

1. tunnel99 Win User

Macrium: When do I need to re-create bootable rescue media?

I see there is a Macrium 7.3 update available (5672).

1. I read here that some Macrium changes require rebuilding the bootable rescue media environment. How do I know what Macrium changes require rebuilding the rescue media? I assume that I don't need to do this after installing the 5672 update, but you know what they say about "assume".

2. If I DO have to rebuild the rescue media after some Macrium change, do I need to keep the previous rescue media too, if I want to be able to restore from an older system image made before the Macrium changes? (example, say I want to restore to nearly-pristine earlier image)

3. Off-subject a little bit, but while I'm here... I read here about making a Macrium system image on a USB stick drive as opposed to external platter or SSD drive. But I saw many responses saying you should not back up to a stick drive. That it's much better to use an external hard drive. But no one explained why a stick drive is bad. Seems like a great idea, for throwing in a bank box for offsite. And no concerns about all those I/O heads flying around at light speed just 4 nanometers above my precious platter data, just waiting to crash my hard drive, especially if I'm jostling back and forth to offsite. So why USB stick bad, USB external HD good? Is stick unreliable? Is it a write/read speed thing?

4. Lastly just want to shout out thanks to Ghot and SIW2 for their great guidance in my earlier (and first) post here. Based on their great help, I installed Macrium, built my rescue media, made my system backup, gulped and did a test system restore (gotta know it works). It was flawless! Many thanks!

Windows 10 Home
    Version 20H2
    OS build 19042.746

:)

tunnel99, Mar 6, 2021
  2. Cliff S Win User

Macrium Reflect /rescue media

Creating rescue media - KnowledgeBase - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase

Cliff S, Mar 6, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Creating rescue media with Macrium Reflect

Building rescue media means e.g. you are creating a bootable flash drive to boot to Macrium reflect.
    What did you expect the bootable rescue medium to be created on?

MR will not create a partition on your internal drive as part of that process.

The first screenshot looks like MBR, the second, UEFI. Is that what you expect?

dalchina, Mar 6, 2021
  4. perkinw Win User

Creating rescue media with Macrium Reflect

I just ran Macrium Reflect to build rescue media on a Windows 10 laptop. In Other Tasks -> Create Rescue Media, I selected Windows Boot Menu, checked Add boot menu, and clicked Build.

After the operation ended successfully, I looked to see if Macrium had created a new partition on this drive:

Macrium: When do I need to re-create bootable rescue media? [​IMG]

It looks like nothing changed. Shouldn't I see a new partition?

Meanwhile, on my desktop PC, after building rescue media in the same way, I see this:

Macrium: When do I need to re-create bootable rescue media? [​IMG]

perkinw, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Macrium: When do I need to re-create bootable rescue media? - Similar Threads - Macrium need create

2. Macrium rescue media

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium rescue media: Hows everybody? I solved this in the past and cant recall exactly how I did it. The macrium rescue media tool cant detect the correct drivers for a usb 3.0 device. And this is win 7 era hardware. It says that winRE has built in support. Not. I had to install the drivers for...
  3. Need help to create Macrium Rescue Media Builder

Need help to create Macrium Rescue Media Builder: Hello, Windows Home 10 v2004 x64 Macrium Reflect v7.2.5107 Home - 5th August 2020 Last time I make a Macrium Reflect Rescue Media was in September 2007, and I think the GUI has change a little or I do not remember How I did it *Sad I do not want Macrium download anything...
  4. Creating rescue media with Macrium Reflect

Creating rescue media with Macrium Reflect: I just ran Macrium Reflect to build rescue media on a Windows 10 laptop. In Other Tasks -> Create Rescue Media, I selected Windows Boot Menu, checked Add boot menu, and clicked Build. After the operation ended successfully, I looked to see if Macrium had created a new...
  5. Need help with Macrium Reflect rescue media

Need help with Macrium Reflect rescue media: I creased a rescue usb flash drive. It boots fine but when I click on “Image this drive” a new window will come up. This window is to large for the screen. I can not see the Next button on the bottom. It is not possible to shrink or resize the window. l’ve read you can add...
  6. Need help with Macrium Reflect rescue media

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with Macrium Reflect rescue media: I creased a rescue usb flash drive. It boots fine but when I click on “Image this drive” a new window will come up. This window is to large for the screen. I can not see the Next button on the bottom. It is not possible to shrink or resize the window. l’ve read you can add...
  7. Creating rescue media for Macrium Reflect

Creating rescue media for Macrium Reflect: hi, Does Macrium clean USB flash drive before creating rescue media? 114295
  8. macrium rescue media

macrium rescue media: hi, I have installed a new external HDD for my backup image. Do I have to create a new rescue media? 113539
  9. Macrium: Rescue Media

Macrium: Rescue Media: Having turned to Macrium for daily backups, I have created a Rescue Media DVD. When testing to see if it would boot (as Macrium advise). I was unable to choose which of the options offered was correct. Attached is a clip of my boot menu with the DVD in its tray. Oddly, the...
  10. Problems creating a rescue media for Macrium Reflect

Problems creating a rescue media for Macrium Reflect: Hello again, On creating a USB rescue media the following error message popped up: The USB disk contains the maximum number of partitions allowed. Please try a different USB disk or remove partitions. The USB stick I wanted for the rescue media is a 16 GB Lexar and...