Windows 10: Macrium with Red line on Disk 1 Partition 1

Discus and support Macrium with Red line on Disk 1 Partition 1 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just prior to start downloading insider ver 20236.1. looked at my disk with Macrium to make a backup. One partition has a red line vrs all others with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by meebers, Oct 14, 2020.

1. meebers Win User

Macrium with Red line on Disk 1 Partition 1

Just prior to start downloading insider ver 20236.1. looked at my disk with Macrium to make a backup. One partition has a red line vrs all others with blue line (Disc 1 Part 1, the recovery partition) on my system. Never noticed that before until now. Normally they are 540 MB, this one is 499 MB. Is it red because of not much memory left?? Here are 2 snips to show.

:)

meebers, Oct 14, 2020

2. System Reserved Partition on Disk 1 not Disk 0

The results were the same as before: Windows is installed in a single 477 GB partition on Disk 0 and the System Reserved is in a 500 MB partition on Drive 1. The rest of Drive 1 is unallocated. This is identical to the configuration I had when I asked the
    question.

The Media Creation Tool used to created the install ISO DVD is v. 10.0.14393 downloaded on 12/13/2016.

I followed your instructions:

• I selected Drive 0 and deleted the existing Windows partition.
    • I clicked New and Apply. Windows then formatted Drive 0 as a single primary partition.
    • The existing System Reserved partition was still on Drive 1.
    • So I deleted the System Reserved partition on Drive 1 and the just created Primary partition on Drive 0
    • I then selected Drive 0 and clicked New and Apply again. Same result a single Primary partition on Drive 0. Drive 1 was left unallocated.
    • Upon completion of the install
      • Windows occupies about 15 GB in the only partition on Drive 0
      • The 500 MB System Reserved partition was placed on Drive 1
      • The rest of Drive 1 is unallocated.

How can I get the System Reserved partition to be placed as the Partition 1 on Drive 0 with Windows installed in Partition 2?

Thanks.

Bill

B_Phillips, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Macrium with Red line on Disk 1 Partition 1 :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Oct 14, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Macrium with Red line on Disk 1 Partition 1 - Similar Threads - Macrium Red line

2. Cannot find OS partitions for disk 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find OS partitions for disk 1: Hello,When i'm tring to change MBR to GPT with this command: mbr2gpt /validate /disk:1 /allowFullOSi'm getting the error: Cannot find OS partitions for disk 1CMD:https://i.imgur.com/5loje8y.pngsetuperr.log:https://i.imgur.com/uwxEzxT.pngDisk...
  3. Cannot find OS partitions for disk 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot find OS partitions for disk 1: Hello,When i'm tring to change MBR to GPT with this command: mbr2gpt /validate /disk:1 /allowFullOSi'm getting the error: Cannot find OS partitions for disk 1CMD:https://i.imgur.com/5loje8y.pngsetuperr.log:https://i.imgur.com/uwxEzxT.pngDisk...
  4. Cannot find OS partitions for disk 1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Move system partition from disk 0 to disk 1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move system partition from disk 0 to disk 1: I want to update my windows to windows 11 from windows 10. To do this I need to use the mbr2gpt tool, but I have an error because my c drive is on an ssd drive 1 and my system reserved partition boot files is on the hdd which is on drive 0 . I tried to use bcdboot to move the...
  6. Move system partition from disk 0 to disk 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move system partition from disk 0 to disk 1: I want to update my windows to windows 11 from windows 10. To do this I need to use the mbr2gpt tool, but I have an error because my c drive is on an ssd drive 1 and my system reserved partition boot files is on the hdd which is on drive 0 . I tried to use bcdboot to move the...
  7. Move system partition from disk 0 to disk 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. partitions in Macrium & Disk Management

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    partitions in Macrium & Disk Management: I've attached a photo showing my hard drive partitions from Macrium (after selecting "Create an image of the partitions required to backup and restore Windows") and also from Disk Management in Windows 10. 1) What is the 16MB Unformatted Primary partition in Macrium...
  9. out of memory at line 1

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    out of memory at line 1: out of memory at line 1 How do I stop this pop up ? 95021
  10. Corrupt OS 1 Line

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupt OS 1 Line: Anyone know how I can fix this Problem: <CSI Payload Corrupt wow64_microsoft-windows-r..xwddmdriver-wow64-c_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10240.16384_none_b928dea146e73395\opencl.dll Repair failed: Missing replacement payload.> it came from the cbs log after SFC. Ran DISM restore...